Multiclienting o.o

Options
IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
No not asking how to do it even tho idk how lol, not what it is already know that b:thanks

How do you GM's detect the multiclienting? I had a friend that got banned some time ago for multiclienting but he was using 2 computers o.o
I know you might do it by IP, but some computers have the same IP, like my friend's had, some other guys I know, mine and my dad's laptop etc. Because they're connected to the same router o.o
My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
Post edited by IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    it be a secret...
    and wouldn't be much of a protection measure if they told everyone how they do it.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol :P I don't know why a MMO once detected mine and dad's laptop as the same but they were 2 different thingys :o
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    im gunna take a shot in the dark, and say theyve hired a guy to pee at your computer from outside your window.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    im gunna take a shot in the dark, and say theyve hired a guy to pee at your computer from outside your window.
    Rofl. XD b:laugh
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    its pretty easy to see on their end and btw if your "friend" got banned for multiclienting he was multiclienting he wasnt using 2 computers at the time. or he was using both computers and multiclienting on 1 of them. its not difficult for them to tell the difference between 2 computers and 1 computer running 2 clients.
  • Estios - Heavens Tear
    Estios - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What probably happens is that the server detects multiple accounts logged in from the same IP & MAC address and it sets off a "red flag", so to speak. I'm not sure if that's what they do in PWI but in a lot of other MMOs I've played that's usually the case.
  • Selphiiie - Heavens Tear
    Selphiiie - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    they have a little tick box where they click names for fun
    >:]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What probably happens is that the server detects multiple accounts logged in from the same IP & MAC address and it sets off a "red flag", so to speak. I'm not sure if that's what they do in PWI but in a lot of other MMOs I've played that's usually the case.
    That, that was what my friend had I think, and I think it's the same to me...
  • Vizibroth - Sanctuary
    Vizibroth - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the element software can detect if there's another thread running the same executable. It's not that hard :P
  • Rheth - Sanctuary
    Rheth - Sanctuary Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I highly doubt that two computers on the same IP would set off a light to multi clienting. My girlfriend and I have been playing on the same IP address for the past year every other weekend o.0
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I highly doubt that two computers on the same IP would set off a light to multi clienting. My girlfriend and I have been playing on the same IP address for the past year every other weekend o.0

This.

And it's why I dualbox. It could be my husband playing (and it sometimes is), but in general it's me and my alt. Adds a whole new level of challenge for me, and well, it's one of the rare times where my ADHD is handy. I can focus on two screens easily, and I PLAY both accounts. I have either character on follow if I need to move on long distances, otherwise I use both keyboards/mouses or pad to play.

I know another game where they allowed multiclienting. It was't recommended, but the GMs had stated it was at least allowed even if it ran from a 3rd party program renaming your second client. Used to do it when I got too lazy to boot the laptop to transfer items to a mule account - killed my RAM back then, only had 1GB x[. So I prefer dualboxing. At least I can be useful on 2 characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Bow_of_War - Lost City
    Bow_of_War - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    We all know no one multiclientsb:avoid
    My life is PWI....everything else is hobbies b:chuckle

I attempted to shoot arrows and stun irl b:surrender