Malicious Cadevil drops?

Estios - Heavens Tear
Estios - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
I'm been trying to farm Malicious Cadevils for a while now, and I've killed a few dozen so far, getting very few drops other than coins. I looked on PWDatabase and its drops have certain rates which seem to be alright, but in my experiences, those rates don't hold to be true.

I thought fighting higher level things meant an increase in drop chance? Wouldn't you think me being 29 levels lower than the mobs I'm fighting be enough to increase it significantly?

Some examples:

Maybe they just don't have decent drop rates? If that's the case, what's a good mob I can farm for cash (that isn't the Petalii Hexkiss)?
Post edited by Estios - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There level > Your level

Good drops/drop rates are generally better within about 5 or so levels of your own....and the exp would be roughly the same too b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Asila - Lost City
    Asila - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    at pwdatabase itsmentioned u get normal drops if the mob is higher, but most times i killed mobs my lv +10 i nearly did get nothing but coins.

Stick to mobs ur lvl or little above ur lv (max 5) then u will get more drops

edit: u can go kill Foxwing Supreme
  • LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear
    LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    @56 u need to stick with the hexkiss, its fast kills and the mystical mask and colored glue drops bring in alot of coin without wasting all your mp trying to kill higher lvl mobs. Once u get 65-70 theres Orchid Petali mobs (same as Hexkiss) that are lvl 72 located at 618 470
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Higher level mobs have a slightly lower drop rate. Seemingly since the DQ and equips sell 3 times better or more, to prevent high levels getting rich and being able to afford not to charge zhen.

Also, I personally believe anything orange named has a poorer drop rate, I found this when doing 20+ full OMA's on acephalid deathknights at lv65. Extremely poor drops until lv68 when they became white named, then a rush of items.

I'd go with foxwings for the time being. If high level mobs dropped better, lv50 veno's would be rolling in cash solo'ing lv100's.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ESTIOS >:O
    Never knew you farmed cadevils, lol
    Or went to my land (the forums)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Estios - Heavens Tear
    Estios - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ESTIOS >:O
    Never knew you farmed cadevils, lol
    Or went to my land (the forums)

ohai thar

I do now, lol
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Bloody hell...

What kind of a reason could you possibly have to farm a mob that likely takes about 40-50 of those hits showing up in the screenies to kill? o_O
  • Vorawrcious - Harshlands
    Vorawrcious - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Farm higher level mobs = you remain very poor
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the best drop is when mobs are +6 level -4 level of the player level if u squad high level or low level they will come in equation

that why u get almost only get coins when u do bh
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]