Quality of the today's Players

Swaze - Sanctuary
Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
First off, this isnt a QQ FLAME ORACLE RAWR HATE Thread.

I'm just wondering if the quality of higher lvl players (let's say...80+?) are getting lower and lower?

I have been doing a lot of "pick-up" BHs around archo and have been noticing that there are a lot of people who don't seem to know what they are doing >.>

I am not talking about people accidently aggroing mobs, or healing to early and getting healer aggro, etc etc. These are mistakes that can be made by even the most seasoned of players.

What I'm talking about is...

1. a cleric in bh69 not once purify and asking the barb why he's dying so fast... (lvl85+)
2. a cleric who has purified LEARNED but has no idea she does nor why it's used...(lvl85+)
3. a barb who is helping DD Blackhole on his flying mount and when asked why, he says it looks cool and then being informed it does only 1/2 damage he gives you one of these :O...(lvl90+)
4. a cleric who heals the barb no matter who's attacking/tanking, even when the barb isnt even attack ... (lvl85+)

Now, many of us live in the US, and in today's modern society, nothing is ever anyone's fault. It's because they havent taken their medicine for whatever ****-and-bull symptom they thought up on an acid trip.

Is it just me or are people experiencing this too...cause I would figure at those lvls, these things are part of basic knowledge b:surrender

Perhaps PWI needs to start prescribing some Noobitol ...
1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
Post edited by Swaze - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    meh, well its not that un common, i been on my alts a lot too, and played a few characters myself, sadly yeah, i was in a bh 59 on my barb, i normally dont tend to tick charms if i get heals from a cleric, but this run was sort of a painful the cleric first off wasn't using a spirit charm nor pots, and to top it all she was attacking the boss, this resulted with no heals when needed cause she was out of mana to cast IH. There are many such examples i could come up with, and yeah this is not an uncommon issue, i personally know a few lvl 101 clerics and barbs, whose mind set is also not right. For example, stopping BB cause barb died and she thought the squad failed, when Snakefist was at 2 hits away. But thats how the server has become so tend to be choosy about my squads now. I just dont go with anyone person i want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Welcome to a F2P MMO, where XP is handed to the players on a platinum platter and sold in the cash shop.

That, and lets face it. Our higher level, more....aware players, are so stingy, uptight and egotistical, they dont want to teach these noobs how to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Welcome to a F2P MMO, where XP is handed to the players on a platinum platter and sold in the cash shop.

That, and lets face it. Our higher level, more....aware players, are so stingy, uptight and egotistical, they dont want to teach these noobs how to play.

this is my first mmo but from what I've seen, all these things are mere trial and error >.>
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    4. a cleric who heals the barb no matter who's attacking/tanking, even when the barb isnt even attack ... (lvl85+)

This one is caused by a new "we are gods of your life and death ****", generation of grumpy over-stressed clerics who take a single idiot player who whined at them, out on the entire community. The idea behind it is, if another player who isn't the tank "pulls agro" you're meant to "let them die" in order to "teach them a lesson". If you read any cleric topics you'll find an alarming number follow this mindset.
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    This one is caused by a new "we are gods of your life and death ****", generation of grumpy over-stressed clerics who take a single idiot player who whined at them, out on the entire community. The idea behind it is, if another player who isn't the tank "pulls agro" you're meant to "let them die" in order to "teach them a lesson". If you read any cleric topics you'll find an alarming number follow this mindset.

justification for being lazy? shrug iono >.>
  • Departed - Sanctuary
    Departed - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've given up on BHs for the most part on both my main and my alt.
    Only time i do any of them is because my beautiful wife asks me to come along ^^

(i'll start doing them again when she catches up to me. but until then i'll be abstaining from BH.)

not only the lack of knowledge but the total disregard of suggestions and requests is what really annoys me.
    its one thing to not know what your doing but quite another to be an ignorant moron about it after someone
    explains the reasons why you need or should use a skill or take an action when something happens.

i mean really now if your going to run up on a group of mobs and not hit them with aoe so i'm free and clear to heal you
    i'm just going to let you die where you stand and res you up after they beat you into the ground.

/rant
    edited February 2010

dont quite agree to it, i mean i do have a few old school people on my msn and stuff, and though am of the same level as them, if i have a question or need to discuss something, i never got no as an answer, more over leave aside them, if
    someone ask me about something that i know of, i don't hesitate answering the person oor helping the person in any way. But the what you stated above about some people being too egoistic, yeah there are certain high lvl people who are egoistic and stuff but at the end of the day dont forget they just got the higher lvl, thats all, they dont have the knowledge, why no knowledge ? well your smart enough to answer that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

• Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The high levels left on this server aren't as impressive as they used to be either. I get plenty of lulz when I ask who the best archer (PvP ofc) is. Some of the answers are just too entertaining.

As far as trial and error goes, yeah I would be inclined to agree that learning your class has a lot to do with that. And by watching other people of the same class play. But by level 80, especially doing a daily repeatable instance, you should know what your class has to do in order to make the squad successful. PvE isn't difficult to master in this game since almost all encounters in this game are fairly static. Compared to other games, PvE is just too simple here. Being poor at PvE by the 8x lvls is kinda lamezors, and worse is when people brag or start threads here discussing who the best non-PvP player of each class is on the server T_T;;
  • AcidSky - Sanctuary
    AcidSky - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    >.> oks so ur doing Bh 69 and u get this probs first off not many ppl learn these trick or trades tell there in that spot like this
    "1. a cleric in bh69 not once purify and asking the barb why he's dying so fast... (lvl85+)"... do thishow do they know to do this tell they are there ? im a random barb here to pm u about how u as a cleric should play ur char in BH69 >.< ... No

"2. a cleric who has purified LEARNED but has no idea she does nor why it's used...(lvl85+)"<--- ppl dont know a skill tell there is a reason and ya ppl dont need to be purified tell this boss unless ur killing alil poison >.>

"3. a barb who is helping DD Blackhole on his flying mount and when asked why, he says it looks cool and then being informed it does only 1/2 damage he gives you one of these :O...(lvl90+)" <--- oks he is stupid >.< but again where its say that fly does half dmg ? and when does a barb really fly and tank where someone will say hey dude AHH half dmg in the air >.>

"4. a cleric who heals the barb no matter who's attacking/tanking, even when the barb isnt even attack ... (lvl85+)" ah dude im a lvl99 barb i love this cleric enuf said >.<

as to high lvls being not so good dude STFU i spend like 5 hours a day rocking noobs work giving gear items info the whole 10yards +3 maybe if u stop blaming other and said *sigh* this is how things is done the ppl u work with will learn and im sure there the yelling kinda dude no one likes.... so i say again dont blame others just know the facts and help >.>
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    Varscona - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ^

not many know these "tricks" by level 85?

back in the days a cleric probably healed for fb69 many times over before even reaching level 70. ****
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2010

1. a cleric in bh69 not once purify and asking the barb why he's dying so fast... (lvl85+)
    2. a cleric who has purified LEARNED but has no idea she does nor why it's used...(lvl85+)
    3. a barb who is helping DD Blackhole on his flying mount and when asked why, he says it looks cool and then being informed it does only 1/2 damage he gives you one of these :O...(lvl90+)

Noobitol ...

ROFLMFAO!
    Read the Siggy...That is all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione
    edited February 2010
    >.> oks so ur doing Bh 69 and u get this probs first off not many ppl learn these trick or trades tell there in that spot like this
    "1. a cleric in bh69 not once purify and asking the barb why he's dying so fast... (lvl85+)"... do thishow do they know to do this tell they are there ? im a random barb here to pm u about how u as a cleric should play ur char in BH69 >.< ... No. when the first fb69 was done, no1 knew about purify but aint the symbol of curse on barb status bar enough for cleric to know that he needs purify ? or you just go on auto heal?

"2. a cleric who has purified LEARNED but has no idea she does nor why it's used...(lvl85+)"<--- ppl dont know a skill tell there is a reason and ya ppl dont need to be purified tell this boss unless ur killing alil poison >.> .as to how i loook at it, u purify if u find the person got any sort of poison, curse or negative debuff on it, primary target for purify is barb, 2nd is the cleric if its damage is too high, and then if needed squad members, really depends on class lvl and damage taken over time, but again you should know purify is needed if u pay attention to the status barb

"3. a barb who is helping DD Blackhole on his flying mount and when asked why, he says it looks cool and then being informed it does only 1/2 damage he gives you one of these :O...(lvl90+)" <--- oks he is stupid >.< but again where its say that fly does half dmg ? and when does a barb really fly and tank where someone will say hey dude AHH half dmg in the air >.>. its a known fact over hit and trial method that if ur doing damage from fly mount your damage is lowered. Try out yourself, and yeah if not 1/2 but its relatively low if you consider it to ground attack

"4. a cleric who heals the barb no matter who's attacking/tanking, even when the barb isnt even attack ... (lvl85+)" ah dude im a lvl99 barb i love this cleric enuf said >.<. yeah love it and then keep aggro too, if u cant do that then well, we hate both you and your cleric

as to high lvls being not so good dude STFU i spend like 5 hours a day rocking noobs work giving gear items info the whole 10yards +3 maybe if u stop blaming other and said *sigh* this is how things is done the ppl u work with will learn and im sure there the yelling kinda dude no one likes.... so i say again dont blame others just know the facts and help >.>
    well i think this paragraph defines u the best cause as to how i know swaze he prolly be one of the most helpful person around on pwi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i personally know a few lvl 101 clerics and barbs, whose mind set is also not right. For example, stopping BB cause barb died and she thought the squad failed, when Snakefist was at 2 hits away.
    lmfao thats epic.

Personally i like hanging around my lv95+ friends for that reason (or high lvls on their alts), they know what the hell to do without saying nothing :D I have heard horror stories more recently with new pple tho, much much more than when the oracles started to sell anywhere....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • AcidSky - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    ^

not many know these "tricks" by level 85?

back in the days a cleric probably healed for fb69 many times over before even reaching level 70. ****
    us

its not back in the day times change Bh speed chars ahead the dailys i get are stupid i can just do dailys and lvl in a week ur so called back in the day would take weeks if not months so ppl reach a new point faster untrained for then what us ppl that been here long befor
    edited February 2010
    if your doing regular bh's and stuff you get enough scope to understand your char, so stating the fact that new systemof dailies lvl you fast so you dont get time to learn the lil tricks and uses of skills thats bs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• AcidSky - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    well i think this paragraph defines u the best cause as to how i know swaze he prolly be one of the most helpful person around on pwi.

LOL... u talk as if ppl should know things befor they are in that spot and proven or not its not post by pwi that flying does half dmg >.> and as a wizzy that u are u should try not to talk done and tell barbs to keep aggro we are the one that stand in front of u keeping ur nooby wizzy life still part of the living world >.> so dont get all high and godly on hus hern
    edited February 2010
    trust me mate, only a few good barb can keep aggro away from me and the noobs who cant, well i do have my own way to survive, and if nothing else helps well death is always the last option, and yeah mate dont have to show me my mark i know where and how i stand, and really am happy with it, atleast am not the one who goes on with the fact that noob's should be encouraged to behave like noobs. And as to what you think about me lols i care a dam to it, i know what i can and cant do and i dont try to cross my line. well unlike some who feel proud to do so,

by the way i never said they should know about the stuff before they reach the spot, but i mean seriously if am a cleric and i see poison on the barbs head, and i see the hp of barb going down drastically cause of it, what would i do ? shout at barb saying he is too squishy or purify and try to keep him alive, you guys lost your sense or what ?

oh as to taking the first line i never ever was afraid of it, and i quite regularly do it with my own BH squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lmfao thats epic.

Personally i like hanging around my lv95+ friends for that reason (or high lvls on their alts), they know what the hell to do without saying nothing :D I have heard horror stories more recently with new pple tho, much much more than when the oracles started to sell anywhere....

95+?

b:sadb:shedtearb:cry
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • AcidSky - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    i dont think that u calls "noobs" should be babied but i do think that some whiner should be alil more respectful to why they dont know things and blame others maybe he helps them so what he still crys about it and says its the High lvls for not caring >.> thats insulting to me... i take my time and explane to ppl about things they dont know in to detail and i dont yell at them TELLING them what they need to do i simple inform them of the details and let them come up with what they feel is best for them cuz sorry hern but ur way is not everyones way and to call ppl noobs for that is wrong >.>

but cuz im drunk and think my own way i take a proud noobish stand and stay u are a Noob! thx u and good nite =P
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    T_T;;
    Acid I get the impression that you are trying to justify why it is alright that people don't know how to play their characters properly...
    The reason it is ideal for people to know how to play their class is because the game is more enjoyable, and far less chaotic when each person knows what they are doing. Success is nice. Failure as a direct result of ignorance and ineptitude is not.
    By level 80, a player is more than likely to have done bh69 a few times prior to actually getting the bh quest. As such, they should be familiar what they should be doing in the squad come bh time. This post is merely pointing out the lack of quality in higher level players these days, which the poster finds disappointing, discouraging, shocking; I dunno.
    Either way, people should always be encouraged to give their best in group activities, because in a group one's failure can result in group failure, which blows Q_Q Doesn't it make sense then to learn/know how to play your class by then as to promote fun and successful group quests?

*just read the being drunk comment on acid's last post... *sigh* -______-
    edited February 2010
    "2. a cleric who has purified LEARNED but has no idea she does nor why it's used...(lvl85+)"<--- ppl dont know a skill tell there is a reason and ya ppl dont need to be purified tell this boss unless ur killing alil poison >.>
    An ATTENTIVE cleric usually hovers their mouse over an unknown logo if they see one (poison/debuffs) especially when they notice their heals are not working as normally.....
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tannzie - Sanctuary
    Tannzie - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    never knew you had brains to write sucha wonderfull post good job your learning a lot about trolling.

as to acidsky, don't think you got a clue of what you are saying, probably casue your drunk ? well go sleep mate, its the best for you, you made enough fool of yourself. Your arrogance and stupidity only prooves that your one of those so called *oracle noobs* and you dont hate to be one and your proud to be one. you should start the ONA soon on sanc. ONA= Oracle Noob Association.
  • Ayekim - Harshlands
    Ayekim - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Holy ****! i have just as good of a story!

Doing a BH59 boss, level 75 cleric spammed ironheart to max, and the 78 barb (well equipped) died 3 times.

the guy had no idea how to speak english and also was wearing a phy attack ring.

I was nice enough to buy that guy a wonderful NPC magic ring to replace his outdated phy attack ring.

he picked it up, and proceeded to finish off the next 2 BH's using his phy attack ring installed.

the guy was clueless and idiotic...
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    never knew you had brains to write sucha wonderfull post good job your learning a lot about trolling.

as to acidsky, don't think you got a clue of what you are saying, probably casue your drunk ? well go sleep mate, its the best for you, you made enough fool of yourself. Your arrogance and stupidity only prooves that your one of those so called *oracle noobs* and you dont hate to be one and your proud to be one. you should start the ONA soon on sanc. ONA= Oracle Noob Association.

Acid's probably just drunk, no need to be so harsh
  • Tannzie - Sanctuary
    Tannzie - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Acid's probably just drunk, no need to be so harsh

erm of how i see to it, no1 other than him was harsh out here, drunk accpeted and being ignorant and being proud of it well nope sorry to say your at the wrong place.
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2010

aw dang it hes been playing over a year and a damn good barb. just terrible at getting his point across as im sure you have all noticed XD

But as a learning cleric (71 atm) even knowing most of these things im still having difficulties. Such as ive been told over and over iron heart only stacks four times. but i dont notice or understand this. as for the whole purify thing. more and more im realizing purifying during a boss is a waste it comes right back and does pretty much ****. I have some skills i learned and nvr used i have some i wont learn because i cant see or understand what the hell they do. Untill i ask my high lvl cleric friends i dont really know how to play to well.
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    it's one thing to have difficulties and learn...it's another to walk into fb70 on a 8x+ cleric when other players depend on you, and **** it up out of ignorance and never bothering to learn the class

the fact that you're asking high level friends is nice enough already i say
  • AcidSky - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    i dont think u ppl get the point >.> so what im im drunk or whatever ...

the thing is u wanna blame ppl for not knowing things when no one told them and for that u wanna blame high lvls >.> why play blame game ? why not try to make a diff ?? why cry that ppl dont know stuff >.> teach them respect them and not call them a noob just cuz they dont know >.> cuz if so everyone is a noob everyone has new things to do >.>

and yes im drunk and i think hern is a poo poo caca head >.<
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    the thing is by level 85 you're supposed to be the high level. people are supposed to be coming to YOU for help and advice, and to depend on YOU in instances. this isn't a level where you learn from others how to play the class, this is supposed to be a level where you teach others.

that's why it's ****ed up, people leveling too fast with this new oracle + BH system. the blame isn't on the players as much as on what cash shop did to the game.
    edited February 2010
    the thing is by level 85 you're supposed to be the high level. people are supposed to be coming to YOU for help and advice, and to depend on YOU in instances. this isn't a level where you learn from others how to play the class, this is supposed to be a level where you teach others.

that's why it's ****ed up.
    yeah......... the good ol days...