noobie veno question thread!

Somani - Raging Tide
Somani - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Venomancer
i'm a noobie veno full of questions, so i made a thread!!! =3

#1, whats chi?
#2 what's a spark?
#3 does fox form deal alot of damage? or does the arcane form?
#4 how much do phoenix feathers usually sell for?
#5 is it possible to buy a pheonix ticket?
#6 is there an "item" auction house where i can go and buy other items other people are sell?
#7, how does "speed" work?
#8 how much faster are flying mounts?
Post edited by Somani - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kashmiir - Lost City
    Kashmiir - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1. chi is that yellow bar under your red (hp), blue (mana), purple (exp) bar.
    2. as your cultivation goes up you are able to get more sparks. every 100 chi is 1 spark.
    some skills need either chi or spark to cast.
    3. fox form dmg are physical. it depends on your build to see which form does more dmg. usually venos go arcane and hence human form does more dmg.
    4. depends on your server.
    5. you can buy 'pet packs' from boutique. every box is 50c and opens up to 10 - 50 phoenix feathers or source or force.
    6. there are auctionhouses, look for them in major cities. (i THINK they are npcs called auctioneers?)
    7. what speed are you talking about? run speed or attack speed?
    8. flying mounts are not faster. they are just convenient since sometimes you can't run over hills.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Chi is the fourth bar under your portrait - it fills up when you attack or use most skills, some skills drain it.

A spark is 100 chi, 100 chi converts to a spark, and vice versa. You have a limited total of chi - which starts at 0 and goes up by 100 every 20 levels or so. (Do your golden quests)

Fox and arcane are roughly equal in terms of damage, it's up to you which you favor. Most veno's choose arcane, as it is simpler and cheaper.

You get an average of 26 feathers (or source of force, the two can be swapped 100 for 100) for a pack which costs 50 silver. Gold is currently 400k coins, and catshops are currently selling them for around 6.5k

Yes, the phoenix tickets are tradeable. I've never known one to sell though - you're looking at 68million coin.

Yes, there is an auction house. Talk to the auctioneer, there's one in every city - including the city of lost.

Speed? You mean runspeed? It's, um, how fast you run. Some skills and items improve it.

The default flying speed is 5m/s and the basic flying mount adds 0.5m/s to that.
    This is generally slower than running, for a veno. The advantage, of course, is that you can fly.
    Highest aerogear give 3.2m/s boost (for a total of 8.2m/s) - which is about 20% faster than running for a veno. (The summer sprint skill should be bringing your runspeed up to about 6.6m/s)
  • Somani - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Chi is the fourth bar under your portrait - it fills up when you attack or use most skills, some skills drain it.

A spark is 100 chi, 100 chi converts to a spark, and vice versa. You have a limited total of chi - which starts at 0 and goes up by 100 every 20 levels or so. (Do your golden quests)

Fox and arcane are roughly equal in terms of damage, it's up to you which you favor. Most veno's choose arcane, as it is simpler and cheaper.

You get an average of 26 feathers (or source of force, the two can be swapped 100 for 100) for a pack which costs 50 silver. Gold is currently 400k coins, and catshops are currently selling them for around 6.5k

Yes, the phoenix tickets are tradeable. I've never known one to sell though - you're looking at 68million coin.

Yes, there is an auction house. Talk to the auctioneer, there's one in every city - including the city of lost.

Speed? You mean runspeed? It's, um, how fast you run. Some skills and items improve it.

The default flying speed is 5m/s and the basic flying mount adds 0.5m/s to that.
    This is generally slower than running, for a veno. The advantage, of course, is that you can fly.
    Highest aerogear give 3.2m/s boost (for a total of 8.2m/s) - which is about 20% faster than running for a veno. (The summer sprint skill should be bringing your runspeed up to about 6.6m/s)

oh ok o.o; so i'm looking at $200 or so for a pheonix =/
    or 30mil, ish...... what's a good way to make that much money ;>.>
    yes i ment run speed ;>.> runspeed = 1/1 right and so a flying mount adds 1.5/1 correct?
    but this can be increased to 2.5/1? how do i increase this? o.o;
  • Kashmiir - Lost City
    edited February 2010

But but you can also have land mounts and they max at 11m/s b:chuckle tho i'm not a fan of land mounts. too much work for venos since you can't have a pet and your mount out at the same time.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yes i ment run speed ;>.> runspeed = 1/1 right and so a flying mount adds 1.5/1 correct?

$200 is the general feel of it. But it should be closer to 100mil than 30mil. Feathers and such typically sell for around 7k anymore if not higher(which it usually is higher) so it would be about 70mil if you bought all of the pieces at 7k as you need to have 9999 of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Somani - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    how do i dye my clothes?
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    how do i dye my clothes?

You need to get as many of the color pigments you want that it says you require when you hover over the item you want to dye. Then you go talk to the seamstress and you'll be able to dye it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010

Ok - no.
    Base runspeed differs depending on your class. Hit 'c' to see your current runspeed.
    Flying mounts add to base *flying* speed, which is always 5.
    The +x/+y on aerogear is because they ALSO have an 'accelerated' flying speed, which you can use for short bursts - it eats energy which is replenished by feeding chi stones to your mount (these have NOTHING to do with the chi which powers your skills)

To increase the speed of your aerogear, you can either combine it with wind-widgets (a cash shop item, also obtainable through tokens) at the forges in thousand-streams city, or you can buy better aerogear.

Ground mounts have a flat speed - doesn't add to anything (well, there's like one genie skill which affects it I think) - ground mounts can be improved up to 10m/s by applying spurs, and will further improve to 11m/s by being ridden and fed and gaining levels (level 11, for the full +1m/s bonus is the maximum)
  • Somani - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    You need to get as many of the color pigments you want that it says you require when you hover over the item you want to dye. Then you go talk to the seamstress and you'll be able to dye it.

where do i get pigments? =/
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You get pigments from the boutique or other players. In the boutique you can buy random pigments, which you take to the seamstress to dye your clothes a random color. There's also the hot colors pack, which you right click to get a random dye.
    As for buying from players - check out the auction house or west arch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Somani - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    You get pigments from the boutique or other players. In the boutique you can buy random pigments, which you take to the seamstress to dye your clothes a random color. There's also the hot colors pack, which you right click to get a random dye.
    As for buying from players - check out the auction house or west arch.

what happens if i want to buy something from the boutique, but i want it to be a certain color? do i just keep selecting it till i get the color i want then select "buy"?

also, if i have armor on and a "fashion" item, when i select fashion do i still get my armor bonus?
    and which is better for a veno? arcane or heavy? =/
  • Lythiaana - Dreamweaver
    Lythiaana - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    what happens if i want to buy something from the boutique, but i want it to be a certain color? do i just keep selecting it till i get the color i want then select "buy"?

also, if i have armor on and a "fashion" item, when i select fashion do i still get my armor bonus?
    and which is better for a veno? arcane or heavy? =/

The fashion colors are random in the boutique. You don't get a certain color that you see just because you saw it in the changing room. It's totally random. I hate it too b:angry, since pigments get pretty expensive.

And yes, your armor and stats are still there. Fashion acts as something to hide over all the armor, not completely change uniforms that you lose your stats. b:victory

For Arcane vs Heavy armor, there has been a lot of discussion on this topic in the other forums. I would recommend you go arcane, as it is much easier than heavy.
  • Ouioui - Heavens Tear
    Ouioui - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The reason why most veno choose arcane build is because venos can't go into foxform whit a melee weapon and can't change her weapon while in fox form and tthat makes them hit melee damage whit an arcane weapon.
    simple but effective,

-ouioui, H's Tears
  • Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    (Yes I'm a cleric but I have a veno.)
    I was taking my veno light armor just because she's an alt and I wanted to just have fun with her. I had planned on learning/using foxform skills for most of my play but didn't realize the arcane/melee weapon thing. So in order to do that I'm going to have to have 2 weapons and switch out?

This veno business is complicated. b:sad
  • Somani - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    The reason why most veno choose arcane build is because venos can't go into foxform whit a melee weapon and can't change her weapon while in fox form and tthat makes them hit melee damage whit an arcane weapon.

really? i think i switched into fox form when i had an axe once =/ hmm, i will have to retest this
  • Kashmiir - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    really? i think i switched into fox form when i had an axe once =/ hmm, i will have to retest this

you can do this if your axe's endurance is at 0.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Not really. Veno's use the same, magic, weapons in any form.

(I am ignoring for a moment some very strange trickery than can be done)

But magic weapons aren't very good at melee. So that's a downside to foxform users, that's all. It's still a perfectly good build.
  • Somani - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    you can do this if your axe's endurance is at 0.

oh...hmm..weird =/
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    oh...hmm..weird =/

There's a thread around here somewhere - you're abusing the change they put in to let you change forms with broken weapons (to stop you being stuck as a fox) - so you break your weapon, equip it, fox and then repair it.

You're now stuck and can't change BACK, or use any of your skills. (Well, spark still works.)

So much for my trying to avoid that explanation earlier :)
  • Somani - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    how much do dark wanderer eggs usually sell for?
    is it possible to sell them for gold?
    edited February 2010
    how much do dark wanderer eggs usually sell for?
    is it possible to sell them for gold?

It's not easy to sell eggs that you can tame outside for free. Most you can probably sell for is 5k.
  • Somani - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    It's not easy to sell eggs that you can tame outside for free. Most you can probably sell for is 5k.

i'm selling them for 7.5k easily i sold 20 in less then an hour @_@; ;>.> i was actually scared i was maybe under pricing them XD
    edited February 2010
    haha, gratz on selling them for that much. I could never sell any of my eggs for more than 5k. Then again, I have no idea how RT compares with DW prices.
  • Zrxyz - Lost City
    Zrxyz - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    How often will a level 1 tame skill work on Qingfus?
  • Kashmiir - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    How often will a level 1 tame skill work on Qingfus?

any level of tame will work on any tamable mob if the mob's hp is low and your level is not lower than the level requirement for the intented mob.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Note that using Summer Sprit while flying doesn't give u the extra speed boost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Somani - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    whats the best dps pet in game?
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    whats the best dps pet in game?
    Phoenix. Costs an average of $186.50 from the cash shop.