"Best" PVP class?

Lilanella - Heavens Tear
Lilanella - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
I'm thinking about maybe trying a PVP server,
so I'm wondering,
what are good classes for PVP?
I don't want ones that require amazing gear, since I do not put a ton of money into this game.
So,
any suggestions?

b:surrender
Post edited by Lilanella - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MaagarPL - Heavens Tear
    MaagarPL - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    u can play whatever u like but true power is assasin he is the most powerful in PvP check his skills like put silence on mage use cuttrough or use shadow teleport that te;eport near enemy and styn at the semae time and the best :D STEALTH:D
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    u can play whatever u like but true power is assasin he is the most powerful in PvP check his skills like put silence on mage use cuttrough or use shadow teleport that te;eport near enemy and styn at the semae time and the best :D STEALTH:D

Uh...leave.

All classes can be powerful, Lila. It's just a matter of whether or not you want to heavily cash shop and/or happen across insane riches to make it so. Best "poor man's" class for surviving PK is a Barb, and you'll get first pick on TT runs and be loved in most any instance.
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ANY CLASS, just play one you like otherwise your going to probley end up switching classes a lot haha. The best class pvp or pve is the one you like the most no matter what anyone says.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    At higher levels, I would definitely go for the barb

For all around, at present, I would say assassin since obviously the game makers forgot about providing a counter for that class's stealth. And even if they did, they made it available only for a select few who are high enough to control a TW territory. So unless a majority of the population can access methods to detect an assassin under stealth, theyre pretty much the best suited for pvp.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    any class.
    2 factors.
    skill + how much u spend on that character
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'd go barb ^^ At lower levels you're more likely to survive an ambush long enough to reach sz, and at higher levels you become a unkillable powerhouse with a surprisingly high damage capability. And you don't need a vast amount of expensive gear to do so.
    + how much u spend on that character
    since I do not put a ton of money into this game.

I don't think "any class" is a good option for the OP if it depends on expense.
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2010

wow ox3L7Y
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    cash shop wh0res are the best pvp class
    /thread
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wizard or barb is best end-game pvp class so choose 1 of those..
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
    edited February 2010
    I'd go barb ^^ At lower levels you're more likely to survive an ambush long enough to reach sz, and at higher levels you become a unkillable powerhouse with a surprisingly high damage capability. And you don't need a vast amount of expensive gear to do so.

I don't think "any class" is a good option for the OP if it depends on expense.
    well if i could spend like mucho to +12 all gears sharded with gems witha ton of anni pack gears, im pretty sure i could survive a good stun lock witha equally bought out and decked out genie b:chuckle not to mention the expensive type meds.

so yeah i think money does say something, especially if your opponent doesnt have.

Whats the budget they have in mind? or if none.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well if i could spend like mucho to +12 all gears sharded with gems witha ton of anni pack gears, im pretty sure i could survive a good stun lock witha equally bought out and decked out genie b:chuckle not to mention the expensive type meds.

so yeah i think money does say something, especially if your opponent doesnt have.

Whats the budget they have in mind? or if none.

I think what he's saying is if you don't plan on spending vast amounts of money to +12 your gear, shard with gems and get a tricked out genie, barb is the way to go.

He's saying if you don't have the resources, barbarian will be most effective taking your lack of financial backing into account.

Not that money doesn't talk, but the OP stated they don't plan on spending a ton of money on the game, so Seph offered a poor-person's alternative, so-to-speak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    I think what he's saying is if you don't plan on spending vast amounts of money to +12 your gear, shard with gems and get a tricked out genie, barb is the way to go.

He's saying if you don't have the resources, barbarian will be most effective taking your lack of financial backing into account.

Not that money doesn't talk, but the OP stated they don't plan on spending a ton of money on the game, so Seph offered a poor-person's alternative, so-to-speak.
    if thats the case then id have to agree with barb too >.>

thats the only class i could afk on my alts for a few min, and see mobs wacking at me and im still alive ...lol

what about repairs in the long run tho? cause barbs get used and abused alot in later lvls
  • Darcwolf - Lost City
    Darcwolf - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    all you people saying barb are crazy, Barb has no ranged stun, making them a easy kill for wizards, high refined archers, and even good geared clerics (sleep, seal, sleep, seal, over an over) I have a swindlers necklace, 4th map belt, tauren cape, and I still can get 3-4 shotted by a wizard, and I MIGHT get 1 shot off on them.

The BEST PVP class for end game is a heavy veno with a nix. They have 2 stuns I believe, and if you are a melee class, barb, BM, assasin, you aren't going to do nearly enough damage before they kill you with nix + bleed + magic attack, and combined with their stuns it makes it difficult to even get to them.
    and if you are a arcane user a heavy veno generally has a mix of armor so they have a decent magic def. also. I would say the only calss that even stands a chance against them is a archer.
    edited February 2010
    all you people saying barb are crazy, Barb has no ranged stun, making them a easy kill for wizards, high refined archers, and even good geared clerics (sleep, seal, sleep, seal, over an over) I have a swindlers necklace, 4th map belt, tauren cape, and I still can get 3-4 shotted by a wizard, and I MIGHT get 1 shot off on them.
    then wth happens to other classes that have 1/3-1/4 your hp.
    The BEST PVP class for end game is a heavy veno with a nix. They have 2 stuns I believe, and if you are a melee class, barb, BM, assasin, you aren't going to do nearly enough damage before they kill you with nix + bleed + magic attack, and combined with their stuns it makes it difficult to even get to them.
    and if you are a arcane user a heavy veno generally has a mix of armor so they have a decent magic def. also. I would say the only calss that even stands a chance against them is a archer.
    read up. money spent at minimal. that means no 200$ pets.
  • Estios - Heavens Tear
    Estios - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No one class is generally better than others for PvP. PvP is kind of like rock-paper-scissors; often times your success/failure will be based on what classes you're facing. For example, a Cleric would probably do better against a BM than something like an Archer.

However, that being said, it really won't matter what your class is if you aren't decked out with phat lootz, charms, and things of that nature. Skill factors into PvP very little, most of it is about wealth. It's disappointing, but true.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wizard or archer. barbarians arent a pvp class, all these other posters saying it are liars. they cant hit for ****, and only do any kind of damage with tree EP armageddon. all they are good for is absorbing damage in TW and PVE.

average geared wizard / archer can contend with any non cash shopped crazy fools.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Darcwolf - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    then wth happens to other classes that have 1/3-1/4 your hp.

lets see....
    Wizard = arcane = mag def,
    archer light armor with magic def,
    Bm has the alter marrow skill or whatever its called to boost mag def.
    Cleric = arcane = magic def
    Physcic = arcane = magic def
    assasin = light = more magic def

And my point is all these classes have a stun/sleep/seal skill that they can do ranged EXCEPT a barb! (not sure about tideborn yet) Which mean all the HP in the world doens't matter when I can get sealed and killed in 3-4 hits while I cant do anything!

read up. money spent at minimal. that means no 200$ pets.

WOW, did you forget that veno is the EASIEST class in the game to make money? No repair bill, can solo HH's. Yea, if you dont have a nix and your a veno your fail and need to stop playing. You dont NEED to spend REAL money to get a nix. I have a friend who is a 6x and has 3/4 of the feathers already without spending any money.
  • Darcwolf - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    wizard or archer. barbarians arent a pvp class, all these other posters saying it are liars. they cant hit for ****, and only do any kind of damage with tree EP armageddon. all they are good for is absorbing damage in TW and PVE.

average geared wizard / archer can contend with any non cash shopped crazy fools.

Thank you.... someone who understands b:thanks
  • Hurleyyy - Lost City
    Hurleyyy - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think the best class is the veno for pvp but u will need a lot of money to get a nix and herc. Im bm and really hard to kill a veno.

If you want pve Barb or Cleric are awesome and helpful.

Sin are like bm ...

I dont really know about Psy.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thank you.... someone who understands b:thanks
    i was a wizard on MY-EN lol, all i did was drop 3x sparks on barbs in the few times i did PVP/TW. to be honest, i wasnt all that good, just good at nuking HAs :\.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The best PvP class would be to roll an Ehee, Nhimia or Zerhee. just saying, ya know...

Any class that can afford +10 or better and a dozen vit stones wins, really.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited February 2010
    WOW, did you forget that veno is the EASIEST class in the game to make money?
    Im not sure if your squeezing that into venos that are lv85-100, but if that were true every single playing veno would have a nix or a herc. As it stands, half the veno population are still having a hard time. Remember this also isnt 1 year ago when gold was less than 200k
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Cash shopped lvl 100 barb and rank 8 wizard i would say

I do think assassin at 99+ will be up there to if they spend a fortune on +12 daggers, 10 vit stones etc. Just a little guess tho b:bye
  • Killahoe - Harshlands
    Killahoe - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I do think assassin at 99+ will be up there to if they spend a fortune on +12 daggers, 10 vit stones etc. Just a little guess tho b:bye

gotta agree with this, the element of suprise and burst damage=win