I don't want help with my FB19.. Do I have a choice?

Options
Jazana - Sanctuary
Jazana - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Okay.. I'm a level 28 Veno.. I have yet to do my FB19 (I think I'm using my terminology correctly.. It's where I have to go through the Den of Rabid Wolves.). I've left it sitting in my quest list.

I really don't like being in a squad, so I'd prefer to solo if possible. But.. I think I read somewhere that I can't receive the quest after level 30.. Is this true?

I tried it once before, but I honestly had no idea what I was doing, and only got through a few of the mobs before I had like five on me, stowed my pet, and ran. I think I was ~25 when I tried that first time.

So.. can I level up and go back and solo it later? Or.. do I have to just get over it and do it with a higher leveled squad?

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Jazana - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You can do it solo, but you won't be able to use the tab. The tab only benefits the others in your party tho, iirc - so that won't be a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Jazana - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Oh, okay.. So I just need to level up and solo it. Thanks.

Also.. I was reading the quest chain.. and is killing the boss supposed to be on the quest list? My quest, Eradicate the Monsters, only says to kill Blackhive Wolfkin Premier and Blackhand Adalwolf, not the boss. Is that right?
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't honestly remember the quests - you should be pretty close to being able to solo it with a good mag pet or one of those glacial walkers or w/e the new TB ones are called.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jazana - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Right now my land pet is a Snakevalley Bloodwolf.. I've always used the wolves because I think they're gorgeous and haven't had problems so far.. Would I still be able to solo with the wolf? I'm not too knowledgeable on the growth charts and which pets are better. I've been going by looks the whole time, heh.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not really familiar with the stats on the wolves - I only suggested the mag/walker because they have very high defense rates for tanking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jazana - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Okay.. Thanks for your help. I guess I'll go nab a walker and attempt it. My only true problem was that I wasn't sure if I needed to use the tab or not, since I can't use it above thirty. Thanks.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You can solo anything, you just need to be high enough level. If needed, get level 105, then go back and do FB19. No one is stopping you. :D But some quests do stop after some level...... But eh, you can solo anything if you put your mind to it. I was level 43 when I solo'd my FB79. Wasn't too bad. ;p *sarcasm*
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you have to be the squad leader to use tabs, so you have to have at least 1 other person with you. but i wonder, if you dont want to play with other people, why are you playing an MMO?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jazana - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It may be a MMO.. but I really prefer to do it solo, and I'm pretty sure other people do to.. It's a choice, really, whether you want to play with other people or not. Just because I dislike squads doesn't mean I won't help a lower-level with random quests, and I will recieve help on random quests.. I just prefer to do the main part of the game solo.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    While fb19 is more then solo-able, you WONT be able to do it at level 19. Asa veno you will be able to pretty much solo anything in the game. (with the right pet, and level)

I wouldn't advise soloing any of your fbs, as it will take a LOT longer to complete the dungeon, if you were to just 'suck' it up and get help from others, especially at fb49/51 and higher, then they will be less time consuming/stressful. The bosses get a LOT harder to kill, even with a 'Herc,' or nix. (Though FYI they both cost a LOT of money, and if you didn't know flying pets can't tag along/fight with you in instances. ;/)

Either way if you decide to tank your own fb19/29 good luck with it, and set aside a few hours to do it.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well goodluck but stuff like instances are especially the things that are not meant to solo random mob quests well w/e you wish

you should be able to do it around lvl 30ish maybe 33 for a better pet heal
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I myself love to solo since its to hard to get help with bosses and stuff. But If I need to squad I do it, if you are in a great faction like I am they can help you out when you really need it and then you can solo the rest.

But it seems hard to take on the fb19 for untamed all by yourself, the boss can be a real pain.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The quest to kill the monsters will automatically change to the one for the boss once you finish the monsters. And it shouldn't be hard to solo FB19 around your level. I did it around Lv 32 with a scout lynxus as my only tank pet, and I didn't feel overwhelmed, so you could probably do it a bit earlier. It's also a great place to learn how to pull mobs, which will be an essential skill later on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Slarti - Dreamweaver
    Slarti - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Solo fb19? Sure, go for it.

Gotta point out, though, there is A LOT of content in this game at higher levels that cannot be soloed. Some people even consider that to be the "main" part of the game.

That said, I know several veno's who spend most of their time online soloing Twilight Temple squad mode (the low ones, and only some bosses) for money.

So it all depends on what you want, like most things in life.
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think the OP should get the **** over it and get a party together.

Seriously.
  • Mivi - Lost City
    Mivi - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    play solo on a moo ? O_o ok, but u worst enemy will be the bhs

pwi is a moo which require party for certain things and solo other things
    do istances with a party, spare your time, learn how the others class and jobs works togheter, look the triggers of a team work. more experience u accumulate before start hhs, better will be for u
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm not normally a jerk...

But wanting to play totally alone in a game which most every part of it is built around teamwork, is flat out stupid.

Get over it and party with other people or stop playing the game because you're just going to **** over your own character in the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Jazana - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Oh, I plan on learning how all the classes help eachother, and how a squad works.

All I'm soloing is my FB19. I just recieved the FB29 for Qingzi, and I know I can't solo that.

I'm gonna solo my FB19, then get in a squad for my FB29 and up.
  • Riney - Raging Tide
    Riney - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Diablo 2 is a MMO yet look how that goes.

Relying on others is weakness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    xRiney - League of Legends. TwilightSparkle / Rarity - Path of Exile closed beta. Dark_Marine - Firefall

Proud brony.
  • Seamuss - Heavens Tear
    Seamuss - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Relying on others can lead to weakness,but playing a game with ppl can be alot of fun if you dont take it too seriously.
    Internet connection -$50.00 a month

Free MMO -Free

Building self esteem through fantasy roleplaying-Priceless
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I rather agree...I've never really seen the point of playing a MMO game...by yourself.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Buknoybobo - Sanctuary
    Buknoybobo - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    playing a mmo and getting no help from others is like eating yogurt mixed with soy sauce XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SUPAH TINEH SUPAH SLAM!!!b:angry
    my keyboard is broken so if there are any wrong spellings then just try to understad them
  • Arhil - Heavens Tear
    Arhil - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well... I WAS hungry... thanks a lot, Buknoybobo XD
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the free food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeran - Harshlands
    Jeran - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You can solo anything, you just need to be high enough level. If needed, get level 105, then go back and do FB19. No one is stopping you. :D But some quests do stop after some level...... But eh, you can solo anything if you put your mind to it. I was level 43 when I solo'd my FB79. Wasn't too bad. ;p *sarcasm*
    lol dont be meann, you can solo it when ur 4x with a good tank i guess. But no worries ull love questing in squad soon enough in a few levelb:thanks
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Heheh...And I was level 54 When I finally managed to solo FB19 (I had HP charm then, too!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I honestly don't get the need to bash someone's preference for soloing. Particularly since, 9/10 times, "help" on low level FBs consists of a high level or group of high levels rushing the instance and making it an utterly boring and unrewarding experience. Hell, this can really be said to be true up through 79. While if you can get a squad your level, sure, it's great fun, my experience is that it doesn't happen very often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3