Assassin Stealth in TW

Rubycc - Heavens Tear
Rubycc - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Assassin
i been reading up on TW and i was just wondering how they adapt to upcoming assassins and their stealth abilities??

a fully leveled cat like thread shoudl be able to stealth past anyone, except an assassin with a fully leveled sharp observer... so do they try and send assassins to scout? would it be nice to have a bunch of invis assassins guarding a catapult to lure a bunch of ppl in then aoe out of nowhere?

ive never TW before but i think assassin would have to bring a whole new strategy to it
Post edited by Rubycc - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Not exactly. Only an assassin who is level 86 + and has all their stealth skills maxed won't be seen by anyone, unless it's another sin their level with observation maxed.

If I were calling the shots in my TW, I wouldn't be using assassins as scouts, I can think of something much better. I'd give them a squad full of sins + one cleric to buff/res them as needed. Obviously the cleric couldn't follow them around since they'd just get nuked and kill the whole point of being stealthy.

Assassin's aoes aren't as deadly around catas, since cats are usually being attacked by a group of BMs with mages hanging around far behind them. The sins are better off being buffed up then sent on their way to stay in stealth most of the time, only coming out of it to kill hard hitting psys, venomancers, wizards and mainly clerics.

Basically like this:
    /Stealth-> Find target -> Mess up target in a few seconds -> Stealth again before you're seen by their friends.

Clerics would be our main targets, generally the ones that are hanging around cata barbs and BBing.

Another thing is that you could also a group to do the offensive, putting high levelled sins with observation maxed in DD squads to spot the enemy sins that are going around in stealth, targeting them/attacking then getting your squad mates to assist off you.

But assassins will certainly make everyone re-think their strategies.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • Death_Tide - Heavens Tear
    Death_Tide - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lol I used to remember when people first had their speculations of having an Assassin pull catas with stealth on xD

But anyways I would assume Sins would be great in TW for:

1. Going to the side of the path and kill the squishies, especially the clerics.

2. Go in the air and kill the squishies with stealth on of course.

3. Immobilize the CAT barbs with their array of arsenals. (Although you'd be HA bait)

4. And well...scouts b:shutup

I'm sure there are more but so far these are the only ones I can think of.
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Not exactly. Only an assassin who is level 86 + and has all their stealth skills maxed won't be seen by anyone, unless it's another sin their level with observation maxed.

If I were calling the shots in my TW, I wouldn't be using assassins as scouts, I can think of something much better. I'd give them a squad full of sins + one cleric to buff/res them as needed. Obviously the cleric couldn't follow them around since they'd just get nuked and kill the whole point of being stealthy.

Assassin's aoes aren't as deadly around catas, since cats are usually being attacked by a group of BMs with mages hanging around far behind them. The sins are better off being buffed up then sent on their way to stay in stealth most of the time, only coming out of it to kill hard hitting psys, venomancers, wizards and mainly clerics.

Basically like this:
    /Stealth-> Find target -> Mess up target in a few seconds -> Stealth again before you're seen by their friends.

Clerics would be our main targets, generally the ones that are hanging around cata barbs and BBing.

Another thing is that you could also a group to do the offensive, putting high levelled sins with observation maxed in DD squads to spot the enemy sins that are going around in stealth, targeting them/attacking then getting your squad mates to assist off you.

But assassins will certainly make everyone re-think their strategies.

slight correction.

You get stealth lvl bonus from lvling the skill themselves
    so with the passive, the max bonus is 30, while awareness will only be 20

for another sin to see u in stealth (assuming all ur skills are maxed), they would have to have their awerness maxed AND have 11 lvls on you.

Starting @ lvl 95, it would literally be impossible for ANYONE to see you without pots, and even then, they would have to be assasins
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • Rubycc - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    very interesting! i havn't leveled sharp observer yet so i didn't know that it caps out 10 levels less than cat like thread! and a squad of stealth assassins being sent afte rthe clerics is an awesome idea, as well as putting a maxed sharp observer assassin in a group of heavy armor to pick out any assassins in stealth (as long as you have 11 levels on them!) ohhh thinking about TW gets me excited, too bad im in a really great faction already and dont want to leave them ; ;
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    very interesting! i havn't leveled sharp observer yet so i didn't know that it caps out 10 levels less than cat like thread! and a squad of stealth assassins being sent afte rthe clerics is an awesome idea, as well as putting a maxed sharp observer assassin in a group of heavy armor to pick out any assassins in stealth (as long as you have 11 levels on them!) ohhh thinking about TW gets me excited, too bad im in a really great faction already and dont want to leave them ; ;

uh, perhaps i didnt explain myself well enough

Sharp Observer maxed = 20 awareness points
    CatLike Thread maxed = 20 stealth points

The real game break is...

Shadow Walk maxed = 10 stealth points
    Shadow Escape maxed = 10 stealth points

so... while going into stealth using, lets say shadow walk, you get 10 from the skill and another 20 from catlike. Totally a stealth bonus of 30

Awareness boost only comes from sharp observer and is capped at 20

so 20 < 30

that is where the extra 10 is coming from
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • Rubycc - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    ahh i understand now! yea i misunderstood, same outcome tho!