Best Performance Stuck

degracaine362
degracaine362 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Support Desk
Alright, so I have gone through the forum, and I am still having some issues, I logged out with the best performance setting turned on, and I know that it is stuck in that setting when you log back in. I have already played with the settings but I cant get the other characters to appear, player controlled ones, they only appear when they are 10m or closer. Plz help, thnx.b:thanks
Post edited by degracaine362 on

Comments

• Quanyin - Heavens Tear
    Quanyin - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You have to manually set your settings to what they were before.
  • degracaine362
    degracaine362 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    already tried that still fd up
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Is the distance slider under UI no where near to the left?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaizona - Harshlands
    Kaizona - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    my genie is having sorta the same problem.It is level 50,and i cant click the button for leveling with spirit or exp.It is stuck on the exp cube option.GL getting it all to work,it doesnt work for me with my genie.
    Appliance perfect world.

Death refridgerator vs dark oven.Who will win?
    Death refridgerator takes 902134 damage.
    PWND.
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It does sound like some GUI bug. The last patch introduced a lot of bugs (when it was supposed to fix others) but it also seems that a lot of people downloaded or patched corrupt files....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2010
    Toggle the "Show/Hide Players Outside Range Limit" button above your character portrait.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Nyhia - Heavens Tear
    Nyhia - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Surtr wrote: »
    Toggle the "Show/Hide Players Outside Range Limit" button above your character portrait.
    I'm having the reverse problem, show/hide players wont hide players outside the range limit. Makes playing really laggy b:irritated
  • IFondle - Lost City
    IFondle - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Surtr wrote: »

That worked, to some extent for me. However now characters that appear on my screen all have a generic face/hairstyle, even though when I click on them they appear as they should in their portraits.

EDIT: Never mind, may have fixed it.
  • FootStep - Sanctuary
    FootStep - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    my genie is having sorta the same problem.It is level 50,and i cant click the button for leveling with spirit or exp.It is stuck on the exp cube option.GL getting it all to work,it doesnt work for me with my genie.

Check to see if your genie is in Trade Ready mode. If it is you can only infuse exp in to it through cubes. Switch the trade state to Off and you should be good to go.
    That worked, to some extent for me. However now characters that appear on my screen all have a generic face/hairstyle, even though when I click on them they appear as they should in their portraits.

EDIT: Never mind, may have fixed it.

Just incase you haven't fixed it, the option to turn on/off customizations is under a different tab than the rest of the settings. I don't remember what it's called off the top of my head, but you should be able to find it pretty easily.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    When you quit the game while the Best Performance option is turned on, your graphics settings will be set to match the Best Performance settings. If you go into your in-game System Settings, you can manually set the items in the System and UI tabs back to where you want them.

Two items are of particular note: the first is the Customizations box in the UI tab; when it is unchecked it causes all characters to appear with the default appearance to ease the strain of loading hundreds of customizations. The second is the Show/Hide Players Outside the Range Limit button above your character's HP bar; when active, players outside the range of your abilities will not be visible.

You can also try deleting your systemsettings.ini file for Perfect World International.

Go to My Computer and go here:

C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\

(Note: This is the default location on your computer that the game installs to. It may be different if you changed it during installation.)

You will see a file named systemsettings.ini . Delete it.

Then re-start your game. The settings will be set back to the default settings as when you first installed the game.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.