pve vs. pvp

Options
phonub
phonub Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Tideswell (East)
hi im like freshly new to this game and i play on raging tide i noticed that it says (pve) and on other server it says pvp what does it mean? thanks alot and i tried the search engine and it says the words are too common plz answer my question plus if i post this in wrong section im sory

another question which one is more fun to play in? pvp or pve? for level like 30+ obv...

this intrigue me i kinda want to switch to lost city or harshland now b:chuckle but needs more opion maybe. which one is has more people play in? lost city or harsh land? im only like level 14 so starting over is not a prob b:victory x.x' what is the best char pvp? im curently playing a cleric but i would like to play venos too :x
Post edited by phonub on

Comments

• Criminal - Raging Tide
    Criminal - Raging Tide Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    PvP = Player vs player,PvE = Player vs Enviroment. the actual diference is that in pvp servers at lvl 30+ u are forced to go white named forever an other ppl can attack u while out of safe zone and in pve servers at lvl 30 u can CHOOSE to go white name and then u can go back to blue after 10 hours(ingame time).
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987015&dateline=1276198884[/SIGPIC]

No pride, No shame. Thats the name of the game.

Retired troll and bowbarian of infamu.
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    PvE stands for Player versus Environment. On a PvE server you are not forced into PK (Player Kiling) Mode, instead you have the option to turn it on/off whenever you like (After level 30). ON a PvP server (player versus player) you are forced into PK mode at 30 and are free game for anyone, out of safe zone.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • phonub
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol pvp sounds scary b:shocked ok thanks for the reply just curious i pricked lost city but i have switched to raging tide x.x' so no worries i guess another question which one is more fun to play in? pvp or pve? for level like 30+ obv...
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well I'm personally from Harshlands (PvP) and here are my comments about PvP and PvE servers...

In Harshlands, it was really fun because well, you had to be "alert" to make sure you were RPKed (Random People Killing) while questing! It was amusing to get killed in my early 3-4x but it stopped in 5x about for me at least...

In Raging Tide, its really easy to level though without having to worry about looking in the squad list all the time to check on red names in the area (or possible red names...).

I have to say in my personal preference, PvP is more fun but PvE is equally fun if you have friends b:cute
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    PvP be Moar Fun~~~
    :D

but that be me own personal preference

also PvP = easier to settle fights...simply kill the other frigger
    XD

also more interesting at late/end game.
    b:thanks
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rerun - Harshlands
    Rerun - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    have played both.. hit 90+ on HL, 85+ on LC, and here.

In PvE sever, u got to kill only mobs. When someone **** u off and hiding behind Blue Name, u can have PM war, or if u are rich, have WC war. oh oh one more thing.. the Coool Duel.

In PvP sever, u can kill mobs and "Player" whenever their outta sz. and watch ur back too.......

Enough Said
  • phonub
    edited February 2010
    Options

In PvE sever, u got to kill only mobs. When someone **** u off and hiding behind Blue Name, u can have PM war, or if u are rich, have WC war. oh oh one more thing.. the Coool Duel.

In PvP sever, u can kill mobs and "Player" whenever their outta sz. and watch ur back too.......

Enough Said

what is pm war? and what is wc war? ._.'
  • MeetTheMedic - Raging Tide
    MeetTheMedic - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    phonub wrote: »

Two completely inefficient ways of settling disputes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    phonub wrote: »

PM is private messaging. In-game, thats "whispering" to another person. To chat with someone privately, all you do is in the chat box:

/(Name of person here)

A PM war is just a huge chat with someone arguing with them pretty much.

A WC war is really annoying for a ton of people though. WC is World Chat, and World Chat in-game is yellow text everyone sees. To WC you buy teleacoustics (Otherwise known as teles) and you chat in the world chat and everyone can see what you write.

So a WC war is when people just... Argue on WC. Simple, but can get annoying if your trying to chat with people in Common Chat. b:surrender

Hope that helps b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Criminal - Raging Tide
    Criminal - Raging Tide Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Enough Said

get it right u can kill players in pve servers too if they are in PK just that in pve servers those who pk are those who can afford it and their are more gankings in pve servers since well not many know how to 1v1.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987015&dateline=1276198884[/SIGPIC]

No pride, No shame. Thats the name of the game.

Retired troll and bowbarian of infamu.
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The difference is that if you kill someone on a PvP server they QQ for a sec then go to town.

If you kill someone on a PvE server they QQ for weeks and bring 1 million billion people.

:/
  • MzTeacake - Raging Tide
    MzTeacake - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    First off, imo there's no such thing as "RPK" PK is PK.. You don't go up to someone and ask(or tell) them your going to kill them so it's always random unless it's in TW (territory war). WC/PM "wars" are pointless just making fun of yourself and showing how mature you are and how seriously you take a game. Plus if those teles cost you REAL money then it also shows how much of a waste you put your money is.

And I'd say PvP is best but you can't be one of those people who gets mad easily and doesn't like being "sneaked" up on by other players and possibly instantly killed. Always carry dolls(guardian angels)/camp safe zone/or set your safety lock to a high enough time so you won't drop anything. Or if you just plan on farming put everything in your bank that means something to you.

=P
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Plus if those teles cost you REAL money then it also shows how much of a waste you put your money is.

I think this is one of the best replies I heard so far .

Trying pking at my lvl is fun too ( if I see a white name player close to my lvl that is ) since even if I get pwned by higher lvls there's like nothing valuable to loose b:laugh . Besides complaining seems pretty lame especially if pk is optional on this server .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Dark_Exile - Raging Tide
    Dark_Exile - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    pve servers are generally alot more pk active dont ask why, prolly too many peeps scared if they kill the wrong person theyl get gang banged like a $2 ...... anyways pve is better for the choice and well not everyone wants to pk, but when higher lvl generally do after gettin a taste for it in T,W
    Death is only the beginning.....

Vae Victus
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    pve servers are generally alot more pk active dont ask why, prolly too many peeps scared if they kill the wrong person theyl get gang banged like a $2 ...... anyways pve is better for the choice and well not everyone wants to pk, but when higher lvl generally do after gettin a taste for it in T,W

true but theres alot of people hiding behind theirs blue name and pm u with insults and u cant do nothing about it..but on pvp server u can b:dirty
    i prefer pvp servers,u can see all lvls ppl with red names,i find it funny actually when i see red names on lvl 30+.on pve however usually those with really high lvls and with insane gear are in pk mode only,so if ur 7x and want to have some pvp fun,u can do it but with 9x's,and i doubt u would having fun when u die all the time lol b:surrender
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I hate WC wars I've been trying to get help with Fushma for my weapon token FOR DAYS! and I just go ignored
    Utter Bull****
    WC wars are NOT the shiit they ARE the pain
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione