Functional/Interface ideas

sorrenae
sorrenae Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
I have a few suggestions. My apologies if I double anyone's ideas inadvertently.

1) Drag and drop function for items into chat. It's got so many benefits: easier for people to learn the game items and respective values, people can share information about items much more easily, sales on WC would carry more information for prospective buyers.

2) Extend the number of characters permitted for vicinity, faction and personal chat.

3)Customizable chat screen: make it movable, horizontally re-sizable, esp for seeing impaired players.

4) Make all interface items movable, including target, player window in the upper left, etc.

5) Don't refresh chat windows independently. I often depend on being able to go back through the chat windows after combat to catch up with tells and faction, only to find them fresh, clean and empty.

6) Impose PK/Duel restrictions by level range; there is a huge occurrence of high level people targeting low level people. I don't engage in pvp, but I've heard people grousing about it. Or perhaps make level available in player info.

7) Allow clickable links in faction and personal chat; it's so much easier to help n00bs if we can send them to a reputable source of PWI info such as tutorials, etc.

8) Implement a "recent messages" window/tab in the chat or on the friends list for ease of contact and followup.

I think those are it for now, thanks for giving me the opportunity to offer suggestions :)

Cheers,

Me.
Post edited by sorrenae on

Comments

• LordsLttlDoe - Heavens Tear
    LordsLttlDoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1. This would be extrememly useful since there have been quite a number of new items implemented in the game and I don't play as often as most so I usually do not know what World Chatters are talking about.

2. I really do not have much of an opinion on this one, since I am neither in a faction nor do I chat much with other people in game.

3.I do like the idea of making the chat window re-sizable horizontally, but I do not think I would use this much as well.

4. I really have no opinion on this either since the pet interface and genie is already movable, I really have no need for anything else to be movable.

5. Again I don't use chat much so this really doesn't apply to me, although I do see the merit in it if you want to find a certain prospective buyer in WC.

6. I don't PK/Duel either, but I daresay this would lower the complaining quite a bit.

7. I do somewhat like this idea, except that if they click a link it does open up a new window in their browser and sometimes leads to the game crashing.

8. I thought they already had this in friends list with chat history?
  • Rheic - Dreamweaver
    Rheic - Dreamweaver Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Excellent ideas here. I won't rate them individually, cause I'm lazy and would just put a +1 for everything.

I do have something to add here, though:

-An option to share your account name instead of character name in friends list. This would eliminate the need to share your character names individually and make the friend list more manageable.

-Ability to choose a part of the text in chat windows and cut/copy/paste/delete options on right click.
    Who needs a sig anyways?
  • sorrenae
    sorrenae Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1. This would be extrememly useful since there have been quite a number of new items implemented in the game and I don't play as often as most so I usually do not know what World Chatters are talking about.

>>>I was thinking of a game window, just like the mouse over pop up it does for the actual item.

8. I thought they already had this in friends list with chat history

>>>I have found that these histories like to clear themselves without permission :(

Fun Fun!
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    alot of the stuff you suggested would definately make the game more "fun"
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle