Cold shoulder?

Sinesh - Dreamweaver
Sinesh - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Assassin
Is it just me or are Tideborns not getting help with bosses and such? I've run by groups offering to help with bosses, asked for help politely since I know how annoying it can get, and get told no since I'm a "fail class." They'll help BM's,Barb's,Veno's, and what have you, but when I ask I'm told no even after offering to pay. (60k isn't much but it'll cover atleast the little bit of repair costs I put on you.) It isn't just me either...I've seen other psychics and Sin's turned away from things as well.

Are we getting shafted just because or was there a meeting I missed that I had to vote at to get help?
Post edited by Sinesh - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I haven't really run into the problem because I haven't had to ask for help that much, but every time that I HAVE asked for help or asked if I could join in on a party that was killing a boss I needed, I've received it.

Sucks that you're not on Sanc.. can't help on DW since I don't have a character there xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxyHarpy - Heavens Tear
    FoxyHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Heaven's Tear is awesome when it comes to the Tideborn. THey welcome them with open arms (Only reason I got my Psy to 39 lmao)
  • AzureKey - Heavens Tear
    AzureKey - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lol yea, i also was asked if i needed help! but it was random, and i became shy xD
  • Slnnz - Harshlands
    Slnnz - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just find a decent guild with helpful people in it. They're all over the place, just takes a little time to find the right faction for you ;)

I joined one that has boss days every Sunday and is just generally really helpful.
    Wish you luck with finding one.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Not really got a problem with it. barb pretty happy for bloodpaint and rib strike lol.
    however, some ppl will do what they have been used to for a long time. gotta see the other options, theres always more than 1 way to do a thing, and not always the normal way is fastest or best. but there are people who don't like changes.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Uziel - Harshlands
    Uziel - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Getting bosses done etc can be a pain regardless of class if you're not X levels higher the boss. As soon as you hit 71 don't expect to get any GV partys and FC runs. People don't like Sin's it seems in general for those two things which really sucks... I remember going from 71 to 85 in a week on my BM because of GV's where as now im stuck at 81 without GVs.b:cry
    Former BM Masakari
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Umm I dont think it has to do with you playing a particular class and if it is, I guess you can ignore those people. That being said, I usually offer help to anyone who needs it irrespective of class but then again, people usually ignore me cos i cant do much other than DD b:surrender
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If it's a tank more inclined to help a low Cleric because he won't have to find another healer, that I can see it happening. But if it's like:

lvl 50 Mage: "HALP on jewel! HALP!"
    lvl 90 Barb: "Ok."

lvl 50 Psy: "Can I get some help with killing Jewel?"
    lvl 90 Barb: "Lulz f*** off"

O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Rubycc - Heavens Tear
    Rubycc - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i havn't had taht problem at all, you'll always encounter people who arent willing to help just cuz theya re lazy or busy, so i get turned down sometimes but never been turned down just cuz im a tideborn....

however i was killing mobs for a quest and some people wouldn't squad with me cuz i was a tideborn, then they purposely KSd every mob i got.. then laughed when i died... ; ; some people are bastarqs
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I haven't really had any trouble on my sin, except from one veno. She kept going on about how Tideborns in general were really bad, and how she was tired of inviting them in to squads. We were doing bh29 and she died 3 times, two of which none of us were anywhere near her. She then proceeded to kick all of the Tideborns out of the squad and blamed us for her deaths... lol. She also told us not to do the chamber and that she'd just lure Qingzi through the door... she died trying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I haven't really had any trouble on my sin, except from one veno. She kept going on about how Tideborns in general were really bad, and how she was tired of inviting them in to squads. We were doing bh29 and she died 3 times, two of which none of us were anywhere near her. She then proceeded to kick all of the Tideborns out of the squad and blamed us for her deaths... lol. She also told us not to do the chamber and that she'd just lure Qingzi through the door... she died trying.

Lol
    xD
    fail veno b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zexion - Raging Tide
    Zexion - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    As a cleric, I love having psychics come on squads for stuff. The Bubble of life helps me not have to worry about the squishy DDs as much in regards to AoEs and the Empowered Vigor or whatever its called (The buff that boosts heals) saves me mana and stress lol. Sins are awesome for just blitzing through the fb, bh or whatever. admittedly, against some AoE bosses they cant do much, but they make getting there a hell of a lot faster.
    If you would please, allow me to interject with an interjection into your conversation which requires, an interjecting. For if I'm to understand correctly and correctly understand the present situation, which I may or may not understand correctly, then it seems that you all don't make sense at all.
  • Sinesh - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    i havn't had taht problem at all, you'll always encounter people who arent willing to help just cuz theya re lazy or busy, so i get turned down sometimes but never been turned down just cuz im a tideborn....

however i was killing mobs for a quest and some people wouldn't squad with me cuz i was a tideborn, then they purposely KSd every mob i got.. then laughed when i died... ; ; some people are bastarqs

The second one is what's been happening all over. It's not just one area or one group...it's separate times with separate people. I can understand if it was one group that had bad experiences with a few TB's that oracled or are just plain stupid...but when I offer to help low level players with quests and I try to help out in squads, to the point where I know I won't end up a pancake on the ground, I don't understand why people are so quick to tell me that.

I've met one group that was nice....but I either have really bad luck or everyone else hanging out in areas where I'm at are really rude. =/
  • Rubycc - Heavens Tear
    Rubycc - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    is dreamweaver a pvp server? sorry i dont know much about servers outside of heaven's tear lol, if it IS a pvp server they could just be scared ur gonna lvl up and **** them XD
  • Sinesh - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    We have to switch over to PvP mode so I would guess no. I'm only level 33 though, I wouldn't be too much of a threat to a level 80ish. XD
    edited February 2010
    We have to switch over to PvP mode so I would guess no. I'm only level 33 though, I wouldn't be too much of a threat to a level 80ish. XD

OH NOES~
    ME ARE BEING THREATENED BY A LEVEL 33!
    b:infuriated
    *starts channeling BT*
    b:angryb:angry
    waffles lol~
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alzerius - Sanctuary
    Alzerius - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's funny because in Sanctuary, we got nice peoplez. Two times I asked and two times i have recieved, with possibly the most aweome yet bs people ever. First time, it was with farng, I asked a random guy (a wiz) who looked pretty strong to help me with him. HE WAS LV101. pwned farng one hit. Second time it was with Krixxix, this time i get like a 93 archer who pwns Krixxix in 4 hits with very, very low hit intervals (demon spark'd ftw). See, in Sanctuary you get the best (lol), no racism agains't Tideborns here xD
    edit: Fb29 I forgot I had a group of one lv43 sin and a bunch of higher levels, they pwned that too. (got my mold for dagger FTW)
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Check the two tideborn threads in General... i think squadding assassin and uses for tideborn or something are the thread titles.

SOOOO much sin/tideborn hate there b:cry

Okay, end of my whining for the day =D
    Thankfully I've still yet to come across jerks on Sanctuary so yay! ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    *hate hate hate hate*
    QQ
    b:surrender

o wait...why am me helping out a psychic?
    b:shocked
    o...right he be in the same faction
    b:sweat
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wth is up with the other servers and the tides? ive never had a problem getting into squads on HeavensTear... most of the time ppl are glad to help me out or is glad to receive my help.

all i can say is stop squading with *******s and find some better squads.

also its funny because i seen 4 ppl discussing how over poweres sins and psys were in pvp yet so many ppl call them useless and refuse to squad with them. this is born from ppl just not knowing how to deal with the new classes. so they A) if its pvp call them overpowered cuz they have no strategy to beat the new classes, or B) kick them from squads or refuse squad invite because they cant figure out what role they have in the squad even tho that comes naturally...

so the hate for tideborns is just born from ignorance because ppl just dont know what they can do or what to do with them yet.
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think its hard no matter which class you are to get help on bosses if you don't have friends or faction members online.

Also I would love to help anyone but if a tideborn is close to me my laptop can't handle it. I have almost died several times because a tideborn has been fighting nearby. b:cry
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • Crypsis - Lost City
    Crypsis - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Is it just me or are Tideborns not getting help with bosses and such? I've run by groups offering to help with bosses, asked for help politely since I know how annoying it can get, and get told no since I'm a "fail class." They'll help BM's,Barb's,Veno's, and what have you, but when I ask I'm told no even after offering to pay. (60k isn't much but it'll cover atleast the little bit of repair costs I put on you.) It isn't just me either...I've seen other psychics and Sin's turned away from things as well.

Are we getting shafted just because or was there a meeting I missed that I had to vote at to get help?

People dont help random lowbies with bosses period lol

Higher lvl players have better stuff to do than help every 2X-5X with culti- or quest bosses or BH that asks (even if so politely).

That thing about "fail class" is just an excuse. If you where a bm or archer or w/e they would prolly say "no time" or "gtfo ask your faction" or most likely not respond at all.
  • Sinesh - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    People dont help random lowbies with bosses period lol

Higher lvl players have better stuff to do than help every 2X-5X with culti- or quest bosses or BH that asks (even if so politely).

That thing about "fail class" is just an excuse. If you where a bm or archer or w/e they would prolly say "no time" or "gtfo ask your faction" or most likely not respond at all.

The problem with that theory is that I have another side that I keep up to date with this character as much as possible. She's a Wiz and I've had no trouble at all getting help. I ask and pretty much every time someone jumps or fly's over and helps out. I do the same thing on my TB and offer to pay and get called what I did. I'm not trying to sound as rude as them, but if someone offers to pay you for something why the hell would you say no?

I think its hard no matter which class you are to get help on bosses if you don't have friends or faction members online.

Also I would love to help anyone but if a tideborn is close to me my laptop can't handle it. I have almost died several times because a tideborn has been fighting nearby. b:cry

I can see where this happens...my laptop froze everytime I entered the city of raging tides so I can feel your pain...I had to walk with my camera pointed straight over me and move like a zombie to get anywhere. =/ It's better now but it's still laggy.

If people just said that instead of giving me the "F off" basically I could understand it and respect it...I wouldn't have a problem then since it isn't anyone's fault but the programmers for our laggy attacks. I just hate being slapped in the face it seems like each time I ask for help when I go around helping new players in the low level areas when I have a chance...I try to be nice. =/
  • sjfloo
    sjfloo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I dont appreciate being treated like the plague.

Just thought I'd say that.

Anywho... I haven't had that experience, but I've also always been a do-it-yourselfer. I'd ask once, and then continue doing whatever I was doing if the answer is no. By the time I even think about said boss again, I'm strong enough to kill it with my charms on.

Some people are just like that though. I'm like that sometimes too, depending on how the situation plays out. I'll explain something once and expect only minor questions therein. Stupid questions and stupid actions usually lead to me leaving you to tend to your own business.

However, if I do encounter someone who just doesn't like Tideborn, I pray his name is white as snow or red as the Devil's tongue... I'll make sure it's the last thing he says before he asks for rez.
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    sjfloo wrote: »
    However, if I do encounter someone who just doesn't like Tideborn, I pray his name is white as snow or red as the Devil's tongue... I'll make sure it's the last thing he says before he asks for rez.

b:shockedb:laughb:victory

Sorry I just found that highly amusing + awesome. Think I ate too many cheez-its ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    ArkToNE - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I suppose Assassins and Psychics are only called "fail" on PvE servers. They're downright scary on PvP servers.

Assassin's fuctions in Parties are as followed: Heavy DDer with double sparking, Melee boss tank aid with Rib Strike, Melee member support with Bloodpaint, Kiting Monster Killer, Amper, and exploding mob sealer.

Having an Assassin in the party will definitely lighten the load on Clerics and Tanks. With severely high accuracy and crit rate, they outdamage BMs. With very high attack rate and endless double spark, they hurt far more than what archers can dish out. On bosses that can be hid from, Assassins have much better hate control than Wizards so they can optimize DD output with less danger.

If anything, an Assassin is one of the most ideal melee classes you can have in a party. The only "fail" assassins would be ones that don't know how to use the class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Seal works on exploding things?

I tried and thought it didn't work.. guess it was bad timing. I'll try it again next time I come across those mobs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
  • ArkToNE - Harshlands
    ArkToNE - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Seal (from Throatcut) does one of 2 things to a monster. 1) makes monsters run away. 2) makes monster stand still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Oh, I thought you used it to make 'em not explode =P lol.
    So you just bleed and throatcut to make it run away and explode far from you? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]