So... about this 2x exp for 2 weeks...

Comments

• Falzar_King - Lost City
    Falzar_King - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The only reason I like this event is so I can get better TT gear and such....whether if that is a good or bad thing is up to you.

As well as doing all my grind quests I have stocked up so that they are a bit more "rewarding".

That was another thing they said. That people your LV with spam the TT/HH/whatever. To it gets so boring and that you Overpower that will lead you to do nothing but mass PKing and later quit cause there othing to do but PK now once you did everything there is to do for the time being.
  • litheyuki
    litheyuki Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well the 34 players I seem/heard quited seem to think differently.
    I'm all for this event( well the EXP part. but not the coins/gold as it stand right now but in do time it'll be lower again all the coins I saved up that would have gotten me about 5 gold or so would be about 9 to 15 gold give or take once The prices are lower again.

Double EXP and Drops is for everyone. Whether you've spent $100000 on the game or none in the game. How you use that is entirely up to you.
    If you complain that people are going to be higher lvl or richer because they'll take advantage of the time and opportunity given to everyone, well, that's just crazy dont you think? b:surrender

I first complained a lot when I saw this event was going to happen. That's only cause I focused on what I thought and know other players will do, and how that'll put me in disadvantage.

Thinking about what I can do during this time made me realize that maybe this won't be so bad afterall. Maybe you should tell those people instead of complaining on assumptions of what others will do to focus on what they can do to improve and enjoy the game better during this time and what will come after? I'll never be able to match some players but I sure as well get as much as I can out of playing trying to reach that goal b:victory
  • litheyuki
    edited February 2010
    That was another thing they said. That people your LV with spam the TT/HH/whatever. To it gets so boring and that you Overpower that will lead you to do nothing but mass PKing and later quit cause there othing to do but PK now once you did everything there is to do for the time being.

Again, dont understand why they're upset about being pked if they joined a pk sever... and why be upset about quiting if you're bored and you've done everything you could have done...
  • Falzar_King - Lost City
    Falzar_King - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    litheyuki wrote: »
    Again, dont understand why they're upset about being pked if they joined a pk sever... and why be upset about quiting if you're bored and you've done everything you could have done...

Belivev me I tryed talking about it to them but they when off saiding it's all about maturely. Having the Event Lowbie will waste money to get high lv and higher lv people with will over powered real fast and the players will not mature in the game and act fool hardly and dumb. ( IE PK just for kicks or cause they did everything.)

And people join the PK server's cause maybe the other server got so many people in it that it lag's. So they join the PvP and take the risk of the PK world. Beside isn't that the reason why there's more then one server. To cut Lag.
  • litheyuki
    edited February 2010
    Belivev me I tryed talking about it to them but they when off saiding it's all about maturely. Having the Event Lowbie will waste money to get high lv and higher lv people with will over powered real fast and the players will not mature in the game and act fool hardly and dumb. ( IE PK just for kicks or cause they did everything.)

And people join the PK server's cause maybe the other server got so many people in it that it lag's. So they join the PvP and take the risk of the PK world. Beside isn't that the reason why there's more then one server. To cut Lag.

That I might have to agree with b:laugh

Although some naturally are great at games, the higher lvls that get there via cash will eventually have to learn how to play - uh mature i guess - gamewise. Those are the ones you teach and give advice to and if they refuse just don't play with them and they'll leave eventually, problem solved. Those that lvl fast actually haven't done everything, in fact they hardly did anything. Ask them if they have a favorite squad story to tell or how to complete a certain quest and lol at their blank faces.

The people that act foolish and still be cocky about it have a personality/ego problem. Those type of people will be that way even if they lvled the normal way. People that spend money doesnt always = spoiled/immature/cocky/etc...

To quit saying that there will be too many immature players is more of a jealousy and frustration statement to me. "Why do complete oracle noobs get the good stuff and get to kill me while I've been working for months at it?" right? Yep I know that feeling.

Life's unfair. Some just have to work harder than others, and in the end achieve in quantity less than others. It's harsh but learn to live it the best way you can and know there will be always someone better and worse than you.

PS - This event itself doesn't let lowbies waste money. Oracles have been out for ages from packs for them to buy. If with double exp a lvl 30 grinds their way up to 90, I dont think they qualify as a noob either.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The only reason I like this event is so I can get better TT gear and such....whether if that is a good or bad thing is up to you.

As well as doing all my grind quests I have stocked up so that they are a bit more "rewarding".

Same here.

Someone in sanc server has drained the entire economy of Touch Of The 7 Luminary and Ape Tails, making them 5m and 800k apiece. =/ I'll be very thankful for the event so I can get my Swindlers and finish my set. Maybe that's "being selfish" but I play the game for my own enjoyment.

Well, that's a myth anyway. As a factionless BM I know I'll be extremely lucky to find 2 or 3 TT's and mebbe 1 frost squad over the entire event. Not every high level can afford to spam TT and become easily overpowered. And not every decent high level gets everything handed to them on a plate. I'm still making my 90 set and so far it's looking pretty decent imo. And it's from hard work and a ton of planning well in advance.
    And if I ever "overpower" (which I wont, ever) it doesn't exactly shut the game off to me ^^ I can still help friends and guildies, kill bosses, run fb's/bh's for people, do all my own quests/dailies except now I have a wide range of high level content and instances available to explore.

Packs damage the game a damn sight more than an event imo. TT prices wont crash for those who seem to think they will. Think a little, then go farm 3-1 and 2-3 and 1-3 and sell war drums and forsura's and GBA and gold mats. Those items are likely to never drop in value much, but now you have double chance to acquire them.
  • litheyuki
    edited February 2010
    Those items are likely to never drop in value much, but now you have double chance to acquire them.

not to mention even with double drop rate the chances are rather low... b:cry
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Someone in sanc server has drained the entire economy of Touch Of The 7 Luminary and Ape Tails, making them 5m and 800k apiece. =/ I'll be very thankful for the event so I can get my Swindlers and finish my set. Maybe that's "being selfish" but I play the game for my own enjoyment.

Touch of 7 is 130 chips and 6.25m coin. If you could ever find them pre-event for less than 7m, you were stealing them. So I dunno what you're talking about... it's not all that rare a drop, but if you think 5m is high... just lol.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Touch of 7 is 130 chips and 6.25m coin. If you could ever find them pre-event for less than 7m, you were stealing them. So I dunno what you're talking about... it's not all that rare a drop, but if you think 5m is high... just lol.

Whoa O_o I'd hate to be on LC

Average price on sanc after the last x2 drop event was 3.5m-4m. No joke, pretty common and anything above 4m simply wouldn't sell. The 5m priced 7-touch has been in the AH unsold 3 days running now. Before the last event 4m tops. Ape tails were as low as 200k for the longest time.

What price are your AE souls in LC? Just curious lol.
  • Volcko - Harshlands
    Volcko - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ok, well I can't wait for the x2drop to begin b:laugh Hell yeah i would like that x2drop and it will for sure not make me quit the game (as someone has said that). And with more dq drops wile grinding = more money, and yeaa i ll move from this 100k in my bag.. b:pleased I am not spending rl cash in the game, and this will be perfect for me.. I can grind my tt80 full armor/wpn and wont spend coins for the tt mats.. YEEEY.. And if the prices go down, well that ll also suit for me, I could actually buy them.. huhuhu
    I jest thought that today would start the event... but... ahhh b:sad
  • Greaver - Dreamweaver
    Greaver - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i cant wait for the 2x drops. i have to make a lot of money during the 80's lol. and im more of causal player that does not have time to tt every day in order to get money for skill books and tt mats. i cant wait till i can grind 1 to 2 mil a day instead of about 500k that just goes to cs and wine fees the next day.
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    My friend quit. And I saw a few other people quit cause we're having this 2 week EXP/Spirit/Drop. And they all said the same thing more or less. That PWI is mostly getting rich off the Lowbie Player cause most of them are to lazy to Lv up the right/hard way. Cause mostly kids asking they're parents for money or lazy adults who got money. waste it all on gold. Then they said once they are high Leveled real fast thanks to the event. There will be more high lv player then low lv one. and that making the high lv abit bore or just for the hell of it become PK'er ( if they are on PvP server) and pk the noob's to where they quit. They also said along the lines of Items Being sold UBER HIGH. ( say Saliva Root being like 10 or 30 coins to a NPC and over price player sell it for 3200. But with this event people are going to sell it for like 5000+ for something you can get tons of at any of the starter citys.)
    So Cosmic Overprice items will be sold at the same time players that are selling them try to buy it can for like 100 coins. Then There the gold. Cause of the double Drop/coins, overprice items, Lucky Coral, Something about there being Hyper EXP. gold will be most likely be in the mils if not close to it. and player are over pricing items pretty much forcing other player to use IRL money even the ones who don't got money to waste but likes playing the game.But overprice seller's are mostly forcing player to waste IRL money to get what they want and sell it away later for something better but because they got the coin's for it now. That lending to they wasted IRL money for nothing.
    And the Last thing they said before leaving of.
    If PWI tryed and listen and gave us what we want for once people would be more into this game.
    (IE. Like increase the EXP reward of killing a mob. Or like easyer BH's or something)
    But PWI is more into making money then pleasing the player's that they are causing they're down fall and the end of Perfect World.

so is it really worth having this event. I mean I'm all for it. but what if what this people say is true?

(sorry if this is about much and confusing to understand I just woke up)

Baaaw. b:sad

Yes young one, this is the Armageddon as we know it. The evil cash shoppers vs. the non cash shoppers aka messengers of justice. Should the evil cash shoppers prevail, this game shall collapse and darkness will devour the world. \o/

Because playing a GAME is SUCH a hard work! Maybe I should just quit working and dwell in my parents' basement because it's making me SO lazy in PWI and that's not fair for the people who spent SO much time on this game. Oh ohhhh bad me bad me! I am SO lazy!

Seriously, I am sick and tired of people labeling me lazy because I spend money on this game rather than movies and whatnot. I live alone and I work 9 bloody hours a day (+3 hours of commuting) so I don't have anyone to do my laundries or cook my food, or clean my room.

So I'm impatient with my money making in-game. SO WHAT? Don't tell me to only make money in-game because I WON'T ENJOY IT A BIT. I'll buy my fashion with golds, if I need dyes I'll sell gold, and if I need a mount I'll buy it with gold. BUT OH! This make me a LAZY ADULT!

Sorry for the raged post, I found that post to be mildly offensive. b:surrender
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Dam right maocchi i have 2 jobs plus a life, so for non cash shopers alwaysQQ WELL DEAL WITH IT,,,,
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ohhh and one more thing u ppl paly PWI for free cause ppl like us spend real money in the gameb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Khaldon - Sanctuary
    Khaldon - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    2xExp/Drops/Spirit is on or not yet ??? its 1 feb, 2010 !!!
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2010

He said, she said...

Word of advice: It might be good for your peace of mind, and for raising the overall average quality and IQ of players in the game, if you would kindly follow your friends and leave the game.

Consider it an act of kindness to us lesser mortals who are cursed with an ability to think for ourselves instead of quoting hearsay.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    cash shoppers r what makes this game free to play and for those who quit oh well if u didn't spend money more than likely pwe dosen't care...
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    its an implied statement... if not on the 1st, it will be right after maint this week...

so either way, its in the next 72 hours

it's not implied, this is pwi.. "the new expansion will be coming soon" 2 months later "we're getting ready to release the new expansion" 3 weeks later, "the new expansion is just about completed".. a month later "only 2 more weeks until the new expansion"... day of the expansion "we've had to put off releasing the expansion for another 24 hours"..

after the event could mean 10 years from now in PWI terms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Hurleyyy - Lost City
    Hurleyyy - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Like I said before in a thread about this event .. They didnt choose the right times to make this event they must choose 1 month before Xmas vacation.

I wish to woke up with this X2 exp. Be patient ? We reached 50k ppl like wednesday or thursday I think... We are already Monday nothing yet .. They are kinda late. Before make contest or event like this , I think they must choose a date when it will be applied. False Hope.

I hope they will be more smart for next event.
  • TwistedGod - Lost City
    TwistedGod - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You know I really hate it for those ppl that are quiting. Right now is the time for the ppl that do not spend money to catch up to some of the ones that spend big. You have quite a few ppl that have +10 weapons or even +12 ones, if you take a look at some of the nirvana gear it kind of puts those players up to par with them. Alot of these high lvl players have +10 vit stone through out their armor, not like they are going to just switch it out to lose those refinements and shards. Ppl are saying you can tranfer refinement, but not if the stones to do it dont get introduced.

I do hh every day with out this 2x and it brings in a nice amount of coin. So I cant wait for the 2x to start. Get you a hh partner if you know like I know and do your hh together 2 ppl doing it means more money for you both.

On a different note does anyone notice hh has gotten a little harder. Seems the last boss in 2-3 is hitting a little harder he killed my cleric yesterday for the first time in a long time, and even seems to be hitting me harder. Normally she is fine, he hits her hard but she can manage, just seems he is going crazy a little quicker then normal and more often.
    edited February 2010
    Like I said before in a thread about this event .. They didnt choose the right times to make this event they must choose 1 month before Xmas vacation.

I wish to woke up with this X2 exp. Be patient ? We reached 50k ppl like wednesday or thursday I think... We are already Monday nothing yet .. They are kinda late. Before make contest or event like this , I think they must choose a date when it will be applied. False Hope.

I hope they will be more smart for next event.

I agree.. they need to state in the "prizes" when the event will take place.. it'll help prevent QQing from people.. but this IS pw.. after over a year of playing, I think they actually like the QQing people do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I believe we get it after next server maintenance.

There is nothing wrong with such an event unless your in a position where you wish people should suffer hard times grinding items, because you want to sell it to them and milk them out of their coins by charging insane prices.

Agruing against a limited Time double Drop Event is pure greed b:fatb
    Just enjoy the next weeks and if you hate it so much dont loggin until its over
    I hate Room 38
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I wish to woke up with this X2 exp. Be patient ? We reached 50k ppl like wednesday or thursday I think... We are already Monday nothing yet .. They are kinda late.

They are not late.. It was stated numerous times by GM's that the x2 wouldnt start until AFTER the Facebook event had finished.

Even if we had got 50k signed up within the first week, the x2 would not have begun until after the 31st.
    edited February 2010
    They are not late.. It was stated numerous times by GM's that the x2 wouldnt start until AFTER the Facebook event had finished.

Even if we had got 50k signed up within the first week, the x2 would not have begun until after the 31st.

actually, it was stated right in the rules of the contest.. however, they neglected to state when we'd get the reward
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    actually, it was stated right in the rules of the contest.. however, they neglected to state when we'd get the reward

Well I would bet after maintenace this week. Could be today but since its only what 7am in USA ? It will not be for a few hours.
  • Hurleyyy - Lost City
    Hurleyyy - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    They will not start this today for sure...
  • Vulcan_Wolf - Dreamweaver
    Vulcan_Wolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Definitely have been patient and expected this not to take place until after the event finished. I just wanted to make sure I utilize the full time to clean up and build a few characters up. One REALLY easy way to prevent threads like this from being made though is to simply have stated an estimate of when we would receive this gift.

Not ragging on PWE, I just believe that we should not be branded as impatient when we just would like to know when a stated reward will be given. Especially if no date is stated for that reward.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    They will not start this today for sure...

Last time, it was started around 6:00 PM server time on the day it first started.

However, wouldn't be surprised if it didn't start today.

Or it was cancelled by popular demandb:chuckle

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited February 2010
    Last time, it was started around 6:00 PM server time on the day it first started.

However, wouldn't be surprised if it didn't start today.

Or it was cancelled by popular demandb:chuckle

b:surrender

lol.. the other thing is they said 2 weeks, they didn't say 2 continuous weeks, they could turn it on and off every other day, as long as they give us 14 days, they've met their end of the agreement b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lol.. the other thing is they said 2 weeks, they didn't say 2 continuous weeks, they could turn it on and off every other day, as long as they give us 14 days, they've met their end of the agreement b:chuckle

ha thats crudy.
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~