So... about this 2x exp for 2 weeks...

Options
Vulcan_Wolf - Dreamweaver
Vulcan_Wolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Chronicles
Title, now I have heard next to nothing about the prizes from the facebook competition. We worked hard to win it, now when is it taking place? I just want to know so I know if I can focus on coding tomorrow or should I be leveling up.
Post edited by Vulcan_Wolf - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There are a myriad amount of threads pertaining to the issue. No one knows the exact date.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Rheth - Sanctuary
    Rheth - Sanctuary Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Watch we wont get it b:thanks
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    now when is it taking place?

Whenever PWI says it does. Patience...
  • Rinari - Raging Tide
    Rinari - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    February 1, 2010. has been stated by GMs on multiple other threads
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • litheyuki
    litheyuki Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    February 1, 2010. has been stated by GMs on multiple other threads

Not true.

Stated it will start after the event, just not when after the event.

Xarfox said he will make an official announcement soon. Let's be patient.
  • Rinari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Options
    litheyuki wrote: »
    Not true.

Stated it will start after the event, just not when after the event.

Xarfox said he will make an official announcement soon. Let's be patient.

stated it will start as soon as the event ends... which means feb 1st
    Retired Character

• litheyuki
    edited February 2010
    Options
    stated it will start as soon as the event ends... which means feb 1st

The following:
    It will begin after the event ends, we won't start it sooner if we reach the goal before then b:thanks

It'll be nice if it started on the 1st server time which is in approx. 45min.

However, "it will begin after the event ends" doesn't neccessary mean right after - just says it wouldn't be before the 31st.

I only say this cause nothing has been said about it. Seems kind of unfair to be starting when they haven't said anything about it yet without fair warning... b:surrender

Maybe I didn't find the thread that stated the 1st if so I'm sorry, just making random comments
  • Rinari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The following:

It'll be nice if it started on the 1st server time which is in approx. 45min.

However, "it will begin after the event ends" doesn't neccessary mean right after - just says it wouldn't be before the 31st.

I only say this cause nothing has been said about it. Seems kind of unfair to be starting when they haven't said anything about it yet without fair warning... b:surrender

Maybe I didn't find the thread that stated the 1st if so I'm sorry, just making random comments

its an implied statement... if not on the 1st, it will be right after maint this week...

so either way, its in the next 72 hours
    Retired Character

• litheyuki
    edited February 2010
    Options
    its an implied statement... if not on the 1st, it will be right after maint this week...

so either way, its in the next 72 hours

Yep. :)

Hence I said let's be patient - I was just merely pointing out that the information for feb. 1st might be flawed, as you agreed by making this statement. b:surrender I didn't find any GMs pointing out it'll be the 1st multiple times

Sorry not here to argue; just didn't want to raise false hopes. I'll be a good girl and leave the thread now b:thanksb:bye
  • Wesleyleung - Heavens Tear
    Wesleyleung - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:shutup i got a feeling its gonna start after this week's maitneance
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    And then the economy will get worse. Prices for TT armor and mats will go down. People will sell so many more items to vendors for cash. Not to mention you put that together with the double coin piles too? More money into the system which means people can charge more for gold because you will have more to spend. Coral packs will still be here to keep prices high. What did you really earn? 2x exp/spirit... because well.. more drops = more money into the system.

We are doomed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ya i hope this dont happen.... who comes up with these crazy ideas anyway?
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ya i hope this dont happen.... who comes up with these crazy ideas anyway?

Guessing that it has to do wif facebook a combination of the PR guy and the bean counters... maybe GMs but normally they enforce rules not make them up...

!~ Da Sheets
  • litheyuki
    edited February 2010
    Options
    And then the economy will get worse. Prices for TT armor and mats will go down. People will sell so many more items to vendors for cash. Not to mention you put that together with the double coin piles too? More money into the system which means people can charge more for gold because you will have more to spend. Coral packs will still be here to keep prices high. What did you really earn? 2x exp/spirit... because well.. more drops = more money into the system.

We are doomed...

I agree with you to a certain extent.

TT mat prices will fall, but more coinage in the system also means that people might be willing to pay still a decent amount for a tt mat they need. Also more drops means you have more to sell - if all goes well it might just even out.

Basically it all goes to say those who are lazy with this event are gonna be pretty much left behind, whether they farm for mats or grind for drops and coin. Even if mat prices will fall for a long period of time.

The only circumstance in which I see the economy will just plain die beyond repair is if everyone suddendly became super diligent and started farming everything that no one needs to buy any mats cause they just farm it themselves. Dont think that's likely to happen.

On a side - yeah tbh I think there's more cash put into this game than there is coin circulating around. Coin is entered into the system by territory, grinding/questing, and RB mostly (did I forget something?) and most people don't bother grinding anymore because dailies are sufficient for lvling. People dont have the coin to keep up with the prices of the items bought directly with cash b:shutup
  • DizzleQ - Heavens Tear
    DizzleQ - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So I'm assuming we haven't come to a conclusion on WHEN we're getting our 2x time, only concluded that it will be in the future lol I was also under the impression that it would begin at 12am server time on the first and am currently standing in TT waiting to begin my first 1-3 run of the 2 week grace period. But I don't wanna waste my sub if I'm going to get better drops for the same sub in a couple days... b:laugh
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yea, same here, I guess its not starting any moment now.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Poisa - Lost City
    Poisa - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I agree with you to a certain extent.

TT mat prices will fall, but more coinage in the system also means that people might be willing to pay still a decent amount for a tt mat they need. Also more drops means you have more to sell - if all goes well it might just even out.

Basically it all goes to say those who are lazy with this event are gonna be pretty much left behind, whether they farm for mats or grind for drops and coin. Even if mat prices will fall for a long period of time.

The only circumstance in which I see the economy will just plain die beyond repair is if everyone suddendly became super diligent and started farming everything that no one needs to buy any mats cause they just farm it themselves. Dont think that's likely to happen.

On a side - yeah tbh I think there's more cash put into this game than there is coin circulating around. Coin is entered into the system by territory, grinding/questing, and RB mostly (did I forget something?) and most people don't bother grinding anymore because dailies are sufficient for lvling. People dont have the coin to keep up with the prices of the items bought directly with cash
    i agree 2x is a temp spike however coral cough ani packs are not which has more to do with the 10 mill banker note as a prize along with various other things which make it a permy spike that and it seems thier permy b:laugh
  • litheyuki
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i agree 2x is a temp spike however coral cough ani packs are not which has more to do with the 10 mill banker note as a prize along with various other things which make it a permy spike that and it seems thier permy b:laugh

on that note i just wonder...

i'm assuming most of the people that recieve the 2 best luck tokens are people who get them by buying packs with cash (just guessing, altho i know there are many that gain coin via game and win the best tokens that way - me being half and half)

so the people with the cash just get more coin to spend on... what...? lol

the game needs more rewards you can only get via game that would let the cash shop users spend their money on something they cant get through rl money. more coinage flow that way maybe? not an economic expert if you cant tell b:laughb:shutup
  • Falzar_King - Lost City
    Falzar_King - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My friend quit. And I saw a few other people quit cause we're having this 2 week EXP/Spirit/Drop. And they all said the same thing more or less. That PWI is mostly getting rich off the Lowbie Player cause most of them are to lazy to Lv up the right/hard way. Cause mostly kids asking they're parents for money or lazy adults who got money. waste it all on gold. Then they said once they are high Leveled real fast thanks to the event. There will be more high lv player then low lv one. and that making the high lv abit bore or just for the hell of it become PK'er ( if they are on PvP server) and pk the noob's to where they quit. They also said along the lines of Items Being sold UBER HIGH. ( say Saliva Root being like 10 or 30 coins to a NPC and over price player sell it for 3200. But with this event people are going to sell it for like 5000+ for something you can get tons of at any of the starter citys.)
    So Cosmic Overprice items will be sold at the same time players that are selling them try to buy it can for like 100 coins. Then There the gold. Cause of the double Drop/coins, overprice items, Lucky Coral, Something about there being Hyper EXP. gold will be most likely be in the mils if not close to it. and player are over pricing items pretty much forcing other player to use IRL money even the ones who don't got money to waste but likes playing the game.But overprice seller's are mostly forcing player to waste IRL money to get what they want and sell it away later for something better but because they got the coin's for it now. That lending to they wasted IRL money for nothing.
    And the Last thing they said before leaving of.
    If PWI tryed and listen and gave us what we want for once people would be more into this game.
    (IE. Like increase the EXP reward of killing a mob. Or like easyer BH's or something)
    But PWI is more into making money then pleasing the player's that they are causing they're down fall and the end of Perfect World.

so is it really worth having this event. I mean I'm all for it. but what if what this people say is true?

(sorry if this is about much and confusing to understand I just woke up)
  • Failureeee - Lost City
    Failureeee - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Did you say easier bh's?

b:laugh

b:bye
  • litheyuki
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My friend quit. And I saw a few other people quit cause we're having this 2 week EXP/Spirit/Drop. And they all said the same thing more or less. That PWI is mostly getting rich off the Lowbie Player cause most of them are to lazy to Lv up the right/hard way. Cause mostly kids asking they're parents for money or lazy adults who got money. waste it all on gold. Then they said once they are high Leveled real fast thanks to the event. There will be more high lv player then low lv one. and that making the high lv abit bore or just for the hell of it become PK'er ( if they are on PvP server) and pk the noob's to where they quit. They also said along the lines of Items Being sold UBER HIGH. ( say Saliva Root being like 10 or 30 coins to a NPC and over price player sell it for 3200. But with this event people are going to sell it for like 5000+ for something you can get tons of at any of the starter citys.)
    So Cosmic Overprice items will be sold at the same time players that are selling them try to buy it can for like 100 coins. Then There the gold. Cause of the double Drop/coins, overprice items, Lucky Coral, Something about there being Hyper EXP. gold will be most likely be in the mils if not close to it. and player are over pricing items pretty much forcing other player to use IRL money even the ones who don't got money to waste but likes playing the game.But overprice seller's are mostly forcing player to waste IRL money to get what they want and sell it away later for something better but because they got the coin's for it now. That lending to they wasted IRL money for nothing.
    If PWI tryed and listen and gave us what we want for once people would be more into this game.
    (IE. Like increase the EXP reward of killing a mob. Or like easyer BH's or something)
    But PWI is more into making money then pleasing the player's that they are causing they're down fall and the end of Perfect World.

so is it really worth having this event. I mean I'm all for it. but what if what this people say is true?

I understand where you and your friends are coming from, but I think your comments are a bit blown out of proportion.

Your comment about lazy is just right - there are no rules that states that a new player must spend cash to lvl. It is slower to lvl without cash, but it is definitely doable. BHs dont require cash. CS money can be grinded in no time at all.

You do not have to buy items that you can farm that are overpriced. You can simple go farm them, don't pay 5k for them. You aren't forced by the company but by your own impatience to use cash to gain what you want. Which is exactly what they want; but it's your own choice to fall for it.

I agree that PW is sending out a lot of temptation tho, however, espcially for new players making them discouraged.

They are giving double exp for mobs. The lvl of players are getting higher imo simple because of the above stated fact new players are impatient and quit in the process, and the current players have either stuck through from the beginning and lvled before all this was out or they spent cash.

It is tough and unfair for players who are just starting. They say gold prices only say high because people are willing to pay those prices - but what about those who can't afford those prices?

Yes, I understand all that, however, if you really can't stand the competition/struggle and just play the game for the sake of the game, perhaps it is better that you do quit. It's not healthly to even play a game if all you do is torment yourself for something you cannot have and dont enjoy what you can have by doing what you can do.

Just remember that players have gone to high lvls and enjoyed the gameplay before this all even came out.

You do in fact miss out on much by only seeing how everything is going wrong. Sure I still get jealous whenever I see someone fly past with those awesome new mounts from the pack but I don't QQ and quit saying the system is broken because I couldn't afford them. People just need to quit blaming the game/others for choices that they've made (ex. you chose not to spend money on the game so don't go bashing people that did to get what they want).

PS Joining a pk server means you're agreeing to a chance of being continuely pked by higher lvlers. Join a pve server if you can't handle it. :)
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Did you say easier bh's?

b:laugh

b:bye

yes I mean FB/BH/Call of duty/ What you want to call it. for like lv 19 to 39 player able to SOLO the mobs with no real problem and maybe Solo the boss but still needing a cleric or something.

Something where they can do it themself not have to make a party or lv 30+ more then the place just to be able to solo it.
  • Warchief - Raging Tide
    Warchief - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Seriously I did not understand 90% of what you have just said above but anyways, I don't think the 2x exp/drops will start until server maintenance this week end or maybe even later.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I understand where you and your friends are coming from, but I think your comments are a bit blown out of proportion.

Your comment about lazy is just right - there are no rules that states that a new player must spend cash to lvl. It is slower to lvl without cash, but it is definitely doable. BHs dont require cash. CS money can be grinded in no time at all.

You do not have to buy items that you can farm that are overpriced. You can simple go farm them, don't pay 5k for them. You aren't forced by the company but by your own impatience to use cash to gain what you want. Which is exactly what they want; but it's your own choice to fall for it.

I agree that PW is sending out a lot of temptation tho, however, espcially for new players making them discouraged.

They are giving double exp for mobs. The lvl of players are getting higher imo simple because of the above stated fact new players are impatient and quit in the process, and the current players have either stuck through from the beginning and lvled before all this was out or they spent cash.

It is tough and unfair for players who are just starting. They say gold prices only say high because people are willing to pay those prices - but what about those who can't afford those prices?

Yes, I understand all that, however, if you really can't stand the competition/struggle and just play the game for the sake of the game, perhaps it is better that you do quit. It's not healthly to even play a game if all you do is torment yourself for something you cannot have and dont enjoy what you can have by doing what you can do.

Just remember that players have gone to high lvls and enjoyed the gameplay before this all even came out.

No se now I know that and understand it full well. Im just saiding is it Worth having this event. Or wasting money on this game when if what they are saying is true. so like say all over the world total money wasted on PWI is say 7.5 bil. but people are quiting in mass amount and but one week time there is only say 100 players left and the next day PWI just stop and closes out the game no longer running it. That would mean everyone would have haved about 10000+ dollars or more on a game they may or may not like and really got nothing for it if the game is discontinued.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Seriously I did not understand 90% of what you have just said above but anyways, I don't think the 2x exp/drops will start until server maintenance this week end or maybe even later.

Ok how this for understanding. The Player's and my friends said before they quit. ( Heres a shot ver.)
    By having this 2x event PWI is leading themself to it doom. Player will quit and PWI will be no more.

(sorry for the double post but I dont know how to muti post/quote.)
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No se now I know that and understand it full well. Im just saiding is it Worth having this event. Or wasting money on this game when if what they are saying is true. so like say all over the world total money wasted on PWI is say 7.5 bil. but people are quiting in mass amount and but one week time there is only say 100 players left and the next day PWI just stop and closes out the game no longer running it. That would mean everyone would have haved about 10000+ dollars or more on a game they may or may not like and really got nothing for it if the game is discontinued.

LOLWUT?

i think you should turn off the computer and crack open your english and math books a little bit.

who the hell is gonna spend $10,000 on a game they don't like?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • litheyuki
    edited February 2010
    Options

To those that spend cash in game without knowing that it will eventually close and be for nothing = fail.

Think those that spend cash are doing it for momentary pleasures. They'll rant if the game closes (which it wont for a little while) but its entertainment for them, and it never lasts. I'm not sure but I dont think people actually pour in $10k randomly just to store. There's a limit to how much you can charge a day, and I think zen bought is either used or sold rather quickly (dont quote me on that).

Also I know this exodus of players is a reoccuring pheomoneon - those who have left return in one way or another usually.
  • litheyuki
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Also to answer your question -

Yes it is worth having this event, and people obviously think so or they wouldn't have created so many fake accounts to achieve the goal b:laugh

Seeing as you said it would be a waste to spend real life money, why not have an event that'll let you get more coin through the game?

Think 2 weeks is pushing it tho.

But you know, PW isn't run by complete idiots - and this is afterall their spotlight game for now. I don't think they'll do anything that they believe with jepardize the continuation of the game... i think...
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Also to answer your question -

Yes it is worth having this event, and people obviously think so or they wouldn't have created so many fake accounts to achieve the goal b:laugh

Seeing as you said it would be a waste to spend real life money, why not have an event that'll let you get more coin through the game?

Think 2 weeks is pushing it tho.

But you know, PW isn't run by complete idiots - and this is afterall their spotlight game for now. I don't think they'll do anything that they believe with jepardize the continuation of the game... i think...

well the 34 players I seem/heard quited seem to think differently.
    I'm all for this event( well the EXP part. but not the coins/gold as it stand right now but in do time it'll be lower again all the coins I saved up that would have gotten me about 5 gold or so would be about 9 to 15 gold give or take once The prices are lower again.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The only reason I like this event is so I can get better TT gear and such....whether if that is a good or bad thing is up to you.

As well as doing all my grind quests I have stocked up so that they are a bit more "rewarding".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-