No Server yet- Looking for guidance

christopherwolf
christopherwolf Posts: 8 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Guild Banter
Greetings my friend,

I am gonna join the game realy soon and I would like to join a guild as soon as possible for somme guidance. I am gonna be a archerI do not know for the dage deamon thing yet. If you think you can guide a new player to help. I will send u pm when i join the game.
Post edited by christopherwolf on

Comments

• Elvindor - Heavens Tear
    Elvindor - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=185611 Look here for basic archer info, Also Look under the archer sub-forums for more info xD, enjoy
  • christopherwolf
    christopherwolf Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Um i am looking for a guild just incase I miss something in the guide that I have friends.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    For that, you need a server :P

There are a few servers, Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, Lost City, Dreamweaver, Harshlands, and Raging Tide.

Raging Tide is the newest, which is why it might be good for new players. Then comes Dreamweaver and Harshlands, Harshlands is a PvP server, meaning as soon as you hit 30 and leave the safe zone you'll probably get killed a lot. I really like my server, Dreamweaver, everyone is pretty nice and helpful, and there are a few great guilds.

There are the older servers, but I think a new player should start on a newer server, especially if you're a first-timer to PWI.

If you do chose to come to Dreamweaver, just give me a PM, my IGN is teh_fishey (all lower case). I can help you out and maybe help you find a good faction.

But just letting you know, nobody advertises their faction (guild) without knowing what server you'll be on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Fishey, it seems like he's picking his server based on what faction he wants to join, so that's why he's asking.

PvP servers are kind of intense. I hear good things about HT though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Fishey, it seems like he's picking his server based on what faction he wants to join, so that's why he's asking.

PvP servers are kind of intense. I hear good things about HT though.

Well imho thats not a good reason to join a server. Granted factions matter a lot, the truth is you probably won't stick with the same faction from lvl 1, and even great factions change over time and become less great than they used to be. Join a server that fits your play style, be yourself, and you'll find a guild that matches you. It takes time to find the right guild, and if you've never played before, you hardly know how its gonna go (originally I planned on being a wizard, and with my other friend he was originally an archer, but ended up a venomancer).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010

PvP servers are kind of intense but fun. I hear good things about HT though.

b:sad
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:sad
    b:surrender

I know but...sugar-coating the truth for a newbie could mean the difference between playing a server he loves or hates. I love Lost City and never found being PKed a huge problem, but a lot of people really dislike it. Should definitely be a warning on LC and HL b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    personally me think the words PvP server be warning enough...
    if they didn't bother to figure out what it mean and joined in....b:surrender
    *cough*

*also Aadi you wouldn't happen to know anyone selling a 3.0 speed human aero? like a really cheap one? ._.'
    mayhaps paschar's spite upgraded?*
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]