Is Blademaster the best for solo grind?!

Options
dabrozwadowski
dabrozwadowski Posts: 25 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Blademaster
Hello.

As the topic says: Is Blademaster the best for solo grind?!

I've already made a axe type BM in 4 STR 1 AGI build (not sure if it's good one...).

He's not too strong yet, but maybe it changes later?

Homever: Maybe I should pick other class for better solo grinding?
Maybe Barb?

Plz answer :)

Thanks
Post edited by dabrozwadowski on

Comments

• taleon
    taleon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have solo grinded with my BM from the start with him. I do not play hardcore on this server, and am only in the mid 40's. I also soloed with my old BM on a different server and she is in her 70's, but it all worked the same.

I would look into creating herbs, as they are far cheaper then HP and MP pots. At level 1 in herbs, you can create HP pots that will last 10 mins and restore 50 HP per sec. At level 2 you can create MP pots that will also last 10 mins and restore 50 MP per sec. These two combine ( after the refresh of the pot wears off and you can start the second ) will allow you, or should allow you to non stop grind for as long as you have pots in back up to refresh the one falling off. I have soloed with this for hours at a time, and just takes time to regather your herbs to make more, but I never run short on HP or MP, being able to constantly use abilities makes the grind extremely faster, as well as only needing to use your self heal every few mobs vs every single mob.

At level 3 and level 45 adventuring, you will be able to use one single pot that will grant both HP and MP for 10 mins at 50 a sec, same as the other two, just combinded into one pot.
  • Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear
    Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Bm's really don't come into their own till their 40's. They are a fine solo class but if you really plan on doing most of your grinding solo you may wanna consider a Veno. They are the true solo class, with Bm's prolly coming in second. I have no problems grinding solo with my BM now. In my late 20's through my 30's it was a bit if a tough grind but it really is no issue now.

Your build may give you a little bit of difficulty, without adding any Vit to your build you may find your Hp running low alot.

For a standard axe build you really could be looking at something like a 3str/1dex/1vit build or a 6str/3dex/1vit every two levels. This will balance you out more, 4 str per level is too much, you only need 3 per level to carry the latest axes.
  • dabrozwadowski
    edited March 2009
    Options
    How about Barbarian or Cleric for solo exp?

Are they better than BM?
  • Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear
    Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I dont think so, both are better suited for squad. Barbs damage is kinda low, and clerics are a little squishy, They can grind solo, And really, if you roll either, you normally will not have a problem finding someone to squad with you if you need assistance. I have a mid 20's barb that I solo alot with little issue, I go strickly tiger form and can usually kill two mobs, meditate for a second and go back at it, and with the barbs quicker hp regen, it is not too bad. My experience with clerics is not enough to really comment much more yet. I am working on one but is still very low level.

I am experimenting a little with my cleric, going with a Light Armor build for better survivability. We will see how that works out for me.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Blademaster's become an awesome solo class at roughly lv74-ish, when you can solo Nightscream without a cleric. =D
  • dabrozwadowski
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Humm... So u say that I should stay with my blademaster and don't switch to barbarian or cleric? (I mention them cuz they easly get party to TT/FB).

If so which build for me?
  • Drsok - Harshlands
    Drsok - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you should stcik with ur axed blademaster and i have a deffrent build that i think u should try
    every odd level- 3str 1dex 1vit
    every even level- 3str 2vit
    together afetr 2 lvls- 6str 1dex 3 vit

str gives u pure phyical deff and some power in your hits while vit gives hp magical/phyical deff and dex gives u a lil accuracy

for ur axe build get a bunch of stuns and knock back for healing

there best for aoeing[killing mobs], soloing bosses or just doing the game on ur own, an if you kno how to pvping
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    After 59, clerics are able to solo grind better than any other class. They do need to search AH for wood only, or 2 element armor. Boosts to wood def or health are looked for as adds, and socketing with the cheap perfect wood def gems means they can take on 30+ at their level with no charms or genie needed. Only drawbacks are that they only have certain mob areas where they can grab alot to do it. Repair cost after an hour is max of 10K though, and maintaining aggro is as simple as a self heal every 8 seconds. Killing can be done as a 2-shot in the 60s/70s, meaning fast slaughtering as well.

Blademaster is second, when they use axe path AoE spam. Takes longer to kill, and gathering a large group can be a pain depending on the mob and area. Still makes for a fun character though, and changing weaponry for different roles keeps it more entertaining. Cleric grind is mostly adrenaline rush from pushing mob group to max manageable, though a lag spike will drop the cleric dead when you do.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Holyhellian - Heavens Tear
    Holyhellian - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    After 59, clerics are able to solo grind better than any other class. They do need to search AH for wood only, or 2 element armor. Boosts to wood def or health are looked for as adds, and socketing with the cheap perfect wood def gems means they can take on 30+ at their level with no charms or genie needed. Only drawbacks are that they only have certain mob areas where they can grab alot to do it. Repair cost after an hour is max of 10K though, and maintaining aggro is as simple as a self heal every 8 seconds. Killing can be done as a 2-shot in the 60s/70s, meaning fast slaughtering as well.

I've been wanting to try this for SO long. I will one day when I'm rich an can afford specialized armor...b:sad
    I'm your Guardian Angel, but careful, I can bite hard if the need arises. b:cool

-Alt Char- RangeRunner *Archer* b:avoid
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Fists are best to grind with.

They dont need to use any skills, normal attack is more powerful.

They only use mp for Marrow and Sutra, so get like 10 mp pots and grind for like 5 hours.
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I've been wanting to try this for SO long. I will one day when I'm rich an can afford specialized armor...b:sad

ah you don't really need specialized armor.
    merely good timing on purify and enough IH stacks should be fine.

also....
    Necro Necro Necro Necro Necro Necro
    b:surrender

went from
    3/18/09
    to
    1/28/10
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OBOY - Sanctuary
    OBOY - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if u want the best solo class my far its axe bm, venos are nice but lack the aoe skills, clerics arent in the discussion they can kill 2 maybe 3 at a time under the right circumstancesb:laugh jkjk but it will take them to long, they need bm/archer/wiz to aoe, theres a good reason why if u go to any of the aoe spots ull mostly likely see a bm there maybe a veno soloing,also venos arent solo they have petsb:laugh
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I started it before I could get specialized armor, no one was high enough lvl to be finding it and putting it in AH yet. So I just went with the mold armor and normal citrine set up.

http://yfrog.com/5zaoelj

Full mag, no special armor or high refinement levels. It was +1 or 2 with just using mirages on a few, and I think common citrines. Money gain is pretty good, and I even did charmless mana runs without running out. Need high tempest, razor leveled helps too.
  • Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As an axe BM you have 5 AoEs add pole into that for a 6th. Needless to say- epic
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As an axe BM you have 5 AoEs add pole into that for a 6th. Needless to say- epic

I killed those mobs at that point with 2 spells, tempest and razor feathers. Why would I need more, they're dead in 10 secs or less? b:victory

EDIT: Also, easier for cleric to grab aggro then BM. Blademaster uses roar, or genie skill, to reliably grab and keep aggro. Which doesn't matter so much for seaspray, but when gathering a large amount that are spread, it becomes much more difficult and time consuming, even with usign Sprint. Cleric can get and keep aggro by casting a quick skill every 8 secs. And they move very fast as they don't have the acceleration period of wings when done right; from stop to go at max speed instantly. With decent wings giving clerics move speed of 7.5+, they can gather quickly in complete safety. It's why alternate zhen parties have 2 clerics luring in pattern for gathering large groups of melee.

http://yfrog.com/7g20081124173050p
  • Unknown_Ryuu - Sanctuary
    Unknown_Ryuu - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I strongly believe BM's are the fastest leveling class when it comes to Solo Grinding. They're able to AoE efficiently around 29+, and only gets better and easier from there. Venos may be the best at being able to solo and hold their own when it comes to PvE single targets, but no one lays them out faster than a BM pulling 6-10 mobs at once, not even a Veno with Herc and Plauge Scarab or whatever that skill is.

If you want to level quickly and efficiently, pulling many mobs at once and mowing them down without having to party or depend on anyone, go with the Axe/Polearm Blademaster builds b:angry .
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I will say bm's definetly have lock on solo aoe grinding up between 30-70ish but after that clerics really have some high solo potential. and 2 things to note, reason you don't see clerics at grinding spots is they have different spots full of poison mobs that most classes tend to avoid. and secondly there is basically no repair cost for cleric aoe grinding on poison mobs. poison doesn't dmg your armor and casting magic has pretty much no wear on your weapon. but in reality both classes do fine at solo aoe grinding.
  • Deviling - Harshlands
    Deviling - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Stick with your Axe BM and for PvE you need VIT. Currently you are using i think 4 str and 1 dex build if my asumption of your AGI is correct. I suggest you go for 3 str 1 dex and 1 vit build. It is mainly a PvE build and you will be able to use all Axes. The benefits are a good HP pool for mob killing (at higher levels) and accuracy.

I myself have been grinding since lvl 26 and i must say that till level 29 i spent money on pots (both hp & mp). Even then i made money. At level 29 i got Diamond Sutra and since then i have not used any hp pot. My inventory contains still 90+ hp pots i bought when i was lvl 29 starting 0% (yea biggest mistake ever).

So in my opinion and experience :

1) Diamons Sutra + Second Wind (genie healing skill got at lvl 10) is enough to heal you while grinding. You won't need an HP pot unless in extreme cases while you are fighting really strong monster.

2) Need good accuracy to finish off mob fast. You don't want to miss your skill damage. That's so frustrating b:angry . Get a weapon which has accuracy bonus. This is mainly for those mobs on which you have like 85% hit.

I am grinding well and i am 31 now.
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Blademaster's become an awesome solo class at roughly lv74-ish, when you can solo Nightscream without a cleric. =D

Hey, Im level74-ish. WOOHOO!
    But really, I think venos are. Yeah yeah your gonna burn some MP pots, But oh well. 100 Large Mystery Pots is only 120k b:laugh

EDIT: WOLY SH*T, This topic has been bumped by almost a year D:
    I was never here, k?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    bm is a grate class for solo grinding still try grinding whit a cleric ;) when you can kill 15-20 mobs on you and they all die at same :P:P
    about solo yea its grate but at high lvls you start to use mp pots more than hp pots :P:P
  • Endrnz - Dreamweaver
    Endrnz - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hello.

As the topic says: Is Blademaster the best for solo grind?!

I've already made a axe type BM in 4 STR 1 AGI build (not sure if it's good one...).

He's not too strong yet, but maybe it changes later?

Homever: Maybe I should pick other class for better solo grinding?
    Maybe Barb?

Plz answer :)

Thanks

Hmm, BEST I would say so as I think venos are the kings/queens of grinding as they can kill mosnter a couple levels higher without any/or very little pot usage.

But if you mean speed...as which they kill...yeah if you have infinite cash veno = PIMP AOE grinder...my BM is only 44 and he can AoE grind like a beast. Get your genie to 44...get ToP, max Sutra...and get a ***** loadof MP pots and you are on your way.

I haven't seen any other class AoE grind as efficient as BM as most don't have as many AoE skills as BM.

I would suggest you try out the classes...well if you like to (personally I like to try all classes and level them all at once...just for the variety in skills and gameplay styles)

But yeah to conlude, I think BM next to veno is probably one of the best grinders.
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yea bms can aoe grind but a true bm is a loot above 70, you can see there how you dont spend coinz for nothing than repairs ;) rest is all from drops or herbs. And if you wana be a kiling machine grab a cleric split your repair cost whit him and go aoe grind you can grab 15 mobs at same time and kill them so fast ( will burn a loot of mp tought ) :P
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Question: Why is a cleric wasting time splitting xp, when they can kill more mobs solo just as easily?

grinder.jpg

21K wood resist goes a long way in reducing damage :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

• rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if you cash shop enough assassins make a great aoe grinder as well.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    rikako wrote: »
    if you cash shop enough assassins make a great aoe grinder as well.

I'd rather use armor bought for 30K and under from AH, with free perfect wood shards from WB runs. Much less expensive.

• Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    honestly I doubt most clerics would be willing to split repair costs with you for aoe grinding, personally I wouldn't. The few times I've attempted aoe grinding with bm's it never turns out as well if I just do it by myself.

Personally imo best is defined by most efficient which veno always comes out on top, next is either cleric or bm cleric may have a large pot bill but repair bill is almost literally nothing, but it's kinda a tossup since both have pro's and cons.
  • GrimStorm - Dreamweaver
    GrimStorm - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    both my cleric and bm are lvl 66. repair cost for bm 36K plus 50k in pots (mp). for my cleric repair cost 5k plus 70k in pots (mp) b:chuckle

its easier to do it with my cleric...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    both my cleric and bm are lvl 66. repair cost for bm 36K plus 50k in pots (mp). for my cleric repair cost 5k plus 70k in pots (mp) b:chuckle

its easier to do it with my cleric...

Pots? Make orbs that heal you and give you MP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Kisho_Seiko - Heavens Tear
    Kisho_Seiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yeah....BMs shouldn't be using pots to AoE grind, typically. Spend the 15 minutes to farm even basic herbs, throw them into the apothecary, then you're fine <<
  • Kalee - Lost City
    Kalee - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hmm, not sure bout anyone else but Blademasters r really good at solo grinding if they find a good spot to grind in. Also should prob be good if have a charm or something on while doing it. One of my favourite spots to AOE grind on my BM at lvl 75-80 was Nightscream Island. The mobs there r very good, physical damage and close together.