Graphic card??

Pot_Head - Harshlands
Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Is having a bad graphic card result in lag, Because I lag from time to time when I play on lost city and it's a west coast server and I'm from the east coast could that be the problem or is it my graphic card???b:surrender
Post edited by Pot_Head - Harshlands on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't think so. Lag depend on many factors. Like internet speed, hardware of you computer(memory, processor, motherboard, etc)
    After new tideborn came, the requirements on hardware went up. Because of better details, new textures and effect came to game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    it's the GPU. I don't lag ging across to UK servers in most games untill my GPU has to do serious work. (like west arch, for example)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    west arc just has alot of information to process, itll lag alot of people if dont have a decent computer/internet connection methinks
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    west arc just has alot of information to process, itll lag alot of people if dont have a decent computer/internet connection methinks
    I have 6mb DSL, it's not my connection. it's actually the GPU. I do know what I'm talking about
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    edited January 2010
    it's the GPU. I don't lag ging across to UK servers in most games untill my GPU has to do serious work. (like west arch, for example)

Ok so. I'm playing for more than year. I had lag of course and I have it also, but not so big. What happend? Last week I had to change my motherboard because of failure. 2 years almost non-stop working broke it down. When I change it, the game change also. Now it works much better with much lower lag. Everything is same just I changed motherboard for new one. And I also didn't had to reinstall operating system. So everything is the same.
    I have Geforce 9600 512mb. And I had bigger lag before. I had asus motherboard. I changed to intel with q35 chipset and it's awesome. What I want to say, is that doesn't have to be just GPU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Well I can tell you my graphic cards it's a ati radeon xpress 200 series is it any good?
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Its old as hell, and isnt really a "card". Its integrated. Meaning, it isnt really good.

Also, lag depends on many many factors, not only gfx alone.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited January 2010
    Well I can tell you my graphic cards it's a ati radeon xpress 200 series is it any good?

OMG, it's pretty bad. The worst for gamers what you can have is integrated graphic card. If you can change it ASAP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    its one of those 'itll get the job done' kindof graphic cards. itll play most games, but to experience the full array of games at their optimal FPS, youll need to upgrade.
    OMG, it's pretty bad. The worst for gamers what you can have is integrated graphic card. If you can change it ASAP.
    no its not... intel G965 express mobile chipset is the worst, the thing is a piece of garbage when it comes to shading, it cant even play wow correctly.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    true, but GPU is the #1 culprit
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Well I don't know anything about graphic cards could anyone recommend a good one to me?
    edited January 2010
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 295 try it, ive seen them around online ~110-150USD.
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    edited January 2010

I can't afford that >.>
    I'll look into this one and read about it.
    Thanks for helping me all of you!b:thanks
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    your welcome.
    edited January 2010

OMG. Why so expensive? He doesn't need this. If he would buy this, he would need much more powerful power supply that he has now. Also He need PCI express. Maybe he doesn't have it if he has integrated card. Maybe he has to change all computer.
    Just buy something like this.
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX26552%28ME%29.aspx
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX24103%28ME%29.aspx
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX24388%28ME%29.aspx

ATTENTION. Maybe you will need change your power supply also. Just check description.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    295GTX will requite a major power supply upgrade. I'm rolling an 8600GT 512 with no issues on my current power supply. it's probably a 400w one. my brother had to but a new power supply for his 260GTX (that I stripped the power supply out and replaced with the new one. his had a 400w in it, BRAND NEW)
    edited January 2010
    Generally. All new graphic cards in middle price are for PWI good enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130292&cm_re=8600_GT-_-14-130-292-_-Product

this is what I'm using.

and despite what the readout says, with NEW driver it works with OGL3
    edited January 2010

Wait what? Where did you see such gtx295s for 110-150? Are they new/good condition?
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2010

only way you finding a 295 for that price is if it is broken. manufacturers charge stores over $300-400 for it (depending on store) so not going to happen.