Accidently put vit...

kumico
kumico Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Wizard
Yep, I put a few points in vit on accident because I thought it was STR. I'm still a lowbie lvl but I like my name and don't wanna spend 7 days waiting for it to delete so I can reuse the name... Can I restat w/o the item mall? If so, how? And I plan on going pure magic, I'm a pve person so ya. Thanks in advance, I go lvl XD
Post edited by kumico on

Comments

• Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    A few points won't hurt much. I intentionally statted 50 vit because it adds extra survivability for roughly 200 less damage. I didn't think I'd miss it, and I haven't. I'll probably stat it out depending on my gear later on. Don't sweat a couple extra vit. points. It may slow you down early on, but it'll be perfectly fine later on.
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    A few points won't hurt much. I intentionally statted 50 vit because it adds extra survivability for roughly 200 less damage. I didn't think I'd miss it, and I haven't. I'll probably stat it out depending on my gear later on. Don't sweat a couple extra vit. points. It may slow you down early on, but it'll be perfectly fine later on.

Just wow....
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just wow....

I know, right? b:lipcurl
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010

This^
    i also use 50 vit currently and people are surprised when they find out. Maybe around 90 you will want to take it out but its pretty nice before you can get good gear.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • losdoslobos
    losdoslobos Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There's no real damage. Just be sure to restat after 90. You won't need vit after 90.
    *****LosDosLobos - Blademaster *****
    Active on Lost City since Jan 30 2010.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There's no real damage. Just be sure to restat after 90. You won't need vit after 90.

don't listen to n00bs behind alts peoplez...
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • LosDosLobos - Lost City
    LosDosLobos - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    don't listen to n00bs behind alts peoplez...
    Soooo... you approve putting vit into wizard stats in order to gain HP? Am I wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Soon to open a siggy shop. Stay tuned!b:pleased
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Completely and utterly doomed, unlucky man :||||||||||||||| DARN IT
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Soooo... you approve putting vit into wizard stats in order to gain HP? Am I wrong?

If your gear is not amazing.. there is no problem putting vit in at all. You give up about 600 matk (so a little less than 150 dmg per hit in pvp) for an extra 500 hp. I can't tell you how many times I've lived with < 500 hp left. TBH, I really can't complain about my damage... I'm only using a +7 HH99 crit sword (no shard atm) and have 50 vit and I really don't have any trouble killing people. My issue is staying alive.. 4.7k hp and 6.1k pdef self buffed is not great (though I am going to raise it quite a bit soon when I try refining my cape/belt again.. and hopefully switch g7 garnets for g8 citrines.

Ideally you should put everything in magic.. but if that extra vit means you can get a few more shots off before you go down, and really missing 50 magic barely affects your damage at all.
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This^
    i also use 50 vit currently and people are surprised when they find out. Maybe around 90 you will want to take it out but its pretty nice before you can get good gear.

this^^
    more magic atk u get from gear better is the boost given by ur magic stat, otherwise vit is always 10hp and few def/mag resist no matter of gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    this^^
    more magic atk u get from gear better is the boost given by ur magic stat, otherwise vit is always 10hp and few def/mag resist no matter of gear

we try to speak ENGLISH on pwi forums.
  • __Hysteria__ - Harshlands
    __Hysteria__ - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2010

lol i was thinking the same
    4x Wizard - Marshal of the faction Sacreds
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I also at beginning put accidentally 30 points to vitality. I didn't know anything about game or character. And I can live with that. It's not big deal.
    BTW. I also put 1 point to dexterity.b:laugh
    Maybe later I will buy 5points restat and make it right. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    If your gear is not amazing.. there is no problem putting vit in at all. You give up about 600 matk (so a little less than 150 dmg per hit in pvp) for an extra 500 hp. I can't tell you how many times I've lived with < 500 hp left. TBH, I really can't complain about my damage... I'm only using a +7 HH99 crit sword (no shard atm) and have 50 vit and I really don't have any trouble killing people. My issue is staying alive.. 4.7k hp and 6.1k pdef self buffed is not great (though I am going to raise it quite a bit soon when I try refining my cape/belt again.. and hopefully switch g7 garnets for g8 citrines.

Ideally you should put everything in magic.. but if that extra vit means you can get a few more shots off before you go down, and really missing 50 magic barely affects your damage at all.

He wants to go pure vit and he was scared that he can't restat. He put those few points in vit by accident. All I said to the OP is that there is no real problem and he can fix it later. Also I understand that a few vit points can help a bit in the early lvls but after you start refining good armors (especially the 90 ones) its advised to put the vit points to some better use (magic as the OP wants to do) if you want of course .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    He wants to go pure vit and he was scared that he can't restat. He put those few points in vit by accident. All I said to the OP is that there is no real problem and he can fix it later. Also I understand that a few vit points can help a bit in the early lvls but after you start refining good armors (especially the 90 ones) its advised to put the vit points to some better use (magic as the OP wants to do) if you want of course .

advised by who? Cash shop whores that have +7 gears? For an average player, 50vit makes way more sense than pure int

edit: people saying a little vit is dumb for a mage are behind the times.. ijs
    edited January 2010
    advised by who? Cash shop whores that have +7 gears? For an average player, 50vit makes way more sense than pure int

edit: people saying a little vit is dumb for a mage are behind the times.. ijs

He can be a cash whor.e if he wants.b:chuckle No bad thing about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    He can be a cash whor.e if he wants.b:chuckle No bad thing about that.

lol nothing wrong with it.. in fact we need them, I appreciate them supporting the game while I can afford a car etc etc. All I'm saying is that its pretty damn unrealistic to assume everybody is going to have that kind of gear.
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited January 2010

want to give me some english lessons via pwi forums? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xulin - Harshlands
    Xulin - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Stating VIT is OK.

You'll want atleast 4k hp unbuffed (which is decent) for PVP at 9x anyways.
    Any lower and you won't be able to survive for very long in PVP or TW.
  • Ashend - Sanctuary
    Ashend - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok, level 16 and I have found it hard to lvl... I do good damage but the mobs still hit me 1-2 times by the time they die, that ends up taking about half my hp... I can see the whole statting to 50 vit now. How do you restat though? I'm not much for pvp, more of a pve person... Also, I'm making a new char so I can get my name. I made a tideborn using my main name back when tideborn just came out so I'm deleting it so I can use that name. Be tomorrow evening, should I just do vit from lvl 1-11 so I get the 50, then str and then int? And I am not a cash shop person atm, once I get a job I might put a bit in for a nice looking costume and some of those hp/mp thingies. Never liked using cash shop to make gear in games because it seems to take so much money and it can still fail in which case you just GAVE your money away... and I don't wanna do that =_=

Oh, I'm Kumico, just changed avatar to my in game one xD
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2010

+1 lol i read like 2 words and i moved on it was too much work reading rest
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok, level 16 and I have found it hard to lvl... I do good damage but the mobs still hit me 1-2 times by the time they die, that ends up taking about half my hp... I can see the whole statting to 50 vit now. How do you restat though? I'm not much for pvp, more of a pve person... Also, I'm making a new char so I can get my name. I made a tideborn using my main name back when tideborn just came out so I'm deleting it so I can use that name. Be tomorrow evening, should I just do vit from lvl 1-11 so I get the 50, then str and then int? And I am not a cash shop person atm, once I get a job I might put a bit in for a nice looking costume and some of those hp/mp thingies. Never liked using cash shop to make gear in games because it seems to take so much money and it can still fail in which case you just GAVE your money away... and I don't wanna do that =_=

Oh, I'm Kumico, just changed avatar to my in game one xD

Ooo my dear. You choose the hardest character to play, BUT the strongest at the end. Go with LA. I was pure from beginning and I died 1M times. Another 1M times I wanted to broke computer, and keyboard when I died. I wanted to change the character but never did I have always just 1-this. Fortunately the nature gave me VERY strong mind and I never give up. And after 1 year and 1 month Whooop I'm level. 96. I'm much stronger. Now I'm killing the mobs not they killing me.b:laugh Best part is PvP I became stronger and stronger every level gained.
    My advice. HOLD ON You will never regret it.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashend - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I'm rather used to wizards because I've played a wiz in EVERY mmo I've ever played. I actually remember uninstalling a game because there was no wiz class.

What are those shards of the weapons and such? At the moment I open with the stone throw or whatever the nob stone one is, then use the fire one and gush until mob dies. But sometimes I gotta use like, 5-6 skills to kill the mob and I'm pure int atm... All noob gear, NPC armor and a quest weapon... When server comes back up maybe my tideborn will be deleted so I can remake my wiz with the name I like, then I'll go LA right off the bat from lvl 1... With LA should I add some vit or will the LA be high enough def wise I wont need vit?
  • Thrasymachus - Sanctuary
    Thrasymachus - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ya gotta kite if you wanna play pure-int arcane at lower levels. Hit, run away, hit, run away, hit, etc, until they die. Nearly all the mobs you'll be killing at your level will run up to you to hit you. If they hit you, they can interrupt your casting. All your spells are cast at range, so if you can't kill 'em before they run up to you, you have to run away before they get there because 2-3 hits will put you down.

Keep pyrogram, gush and Stone Rain maxed for your level and put a couple of levels on D.Pyrogram. If the mob is anything but water-based, open with DP at maximum range. If it's water-based, open with stone rain. When your channeling bar starts to fill up, hold down the "S" key. When you're done channeling, you'll cast your spell and start to run away. Keeping the "S" key held down, hit your gush using either a hotkey or clicking the skill with your mouse. You should stop running, channel and cast gush, then keep running. After that, use pyrogram the same way, and alternate between pyro and gush, continuing to run away, until your target is dead. Be careful while doing this not to run into any aggro mobs. If your character turns around when you hit your skill as you're running away, this means you're out of range for that skill, so ease up on that "S" key a bit and let the mob catch back up some.

Archer mobs will still probably hit you once or twice doing this, so I'd suggest you keep your stone barrier maxed, and use it when you have to kill those sorts of mobs. And just because they're ranged too doesn't mean you shouldn't kite as your skills have a longer range than their arrows. Otherwise, keep your water barrier maxed and use it to keep your mp recovery up. Pure int arcane doesn't have to be expensive for PvE, if you kite well, you won't get hit very often so you don't need much defense, and all those int points make a bigger and bigger difference in damage dealing as you level up.
  • Ashend - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I'm doin LA build, if I get socket gear which I plan on attempting to get, what should I socket? HP or p def =S?
  • WitchTamer - Sanctuary
    WitchTamer - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Leveling up as a pure build basically forced me to become a very careful player, learning how to kite effectively is a huge part of this. Leveling will be an absolute pain until lv.60 (might be easier nowadays) but after then you basically have all the tools you need to PvE without taking any damage (Except on tricky tower style mobs).

Playing this game on a high level wizard that's been grinded/ground up the hard way is very rewarding and very fun.
    Main = WitchBurner
  • xxibatistaxx
    xxibatistaxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I also at beginning put accidentally 30 points to vitality. I didn't know anything about game or character. And I can live with that. It's not big deal.
    BTW. I also put 1 point to dexterity.b:laugh
    Maybe later I will buy 5points restat and make it right. b:laugh

i put in 30 dex an 36 vit and i regret it XD
  • xxibatistaxx
    xxibatistaxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm rather used to wizards because I've played a wiz in EVERY mmo I've ever played. I actually remember uninstalling a game because there was no wiz class.

What are those shards of the weapons and such? At the moment I open with the stone throw or whatever the nob stone one is, then use the fire one and gush until mob dies. But sometimes I gotta use like, 5-6 skills to kill the mob and I'm pure int atm... All noob gear, NPC armor and a quest weapon... When server comes back up maybe my tideborn will be deleted so I can remake my wiz with the name I like, then I'll go LA right off the bat from lvl 1... With LA should I add some vit or will the LA be high enough def wise I wont need vit?

if ur LA u dunt need vit u just use citrine shards
  • Ax - Harshlands
    Ax - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm doin LA build, if I get socket gear which I plan on attempting to get, what should I socket? HP or p def =S?

With a LA build its best to socket HP.