I think we, as a community, deserve an answer

Options
Nukesrus - Harshlands
Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
...as to what happened to our favorite GM, Eatwithspoons. He held on politely through the ****storm about the anni packs, patiently dealt with obnoxious trolls and spammers, and even managed to be a damn nice guy too. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we'll miss him.

That said, we'd like an answer. If he left the company, if he's being moved to CM for another product(like BoI), etc. If he's been let go, you can just confirm that the other two options are in error.

I think we're owed at least that much, considering the disregard for our input on other issues.
Post edited by Nukesrus - Harshlands on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • kopetofu
    kopetofu Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    'why' i think is a better question here

EDIT: probably wont be answered but that's what most are wondering probably
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

That's incredibly vague and I would expect a goodbye post if it were true. I may be wrong, but I feel like there's more to it than this.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Odds are this will be locked, Lower Depth'd, etc, but I agree - it would be nice to have at least some kind of reason why Spoons is gone.
    -Was it his choice, or PWE's?
    -Was it due to PWE's decisions, something in the community here, or simply a career move?

I understand if there are personal or corporate privacy issues that keep you other mods & GMs from being specific, so I don't expect we'll hear the whole story in detail. But it'd be nice to at least have an understanding of some kind...
    b:sad b:surrender
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's incredibly vague and I would expect a goodbye post if it were true. I may be wrong, but I feel like there's more to it than this.

I don't see why. Most forum and game users probably harassed the guy to death. He's probably glad to be out and never have to deal with us again ^^
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Your barking up the wrong tree dude, just drop it. We don't have a right to know. So leave it be.b:thanks
  • Torathin - Raging Tide
    Torathin - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    kopetofu wrote: »
    'why' i think is a better question here

EDIT: probably wont be answered but that's what most are wondering probably

Great CMs leave when the higher ups start doing shady things. Look at wow, they had like as far as i know three or more people who left the company. It was b/c of them just saying "you know what, i can't take all of this anymore i quit". It's just part of how games go. Great CMs move on when tehy can't take how the higher ups are doing things.

At my college the guy who was running the dorms and all the other things related to them one guy. He just up and quit one day. Well... the next semester they higher two people to do his job. They barely make it, the next year... the thing's gone to hell over there. Once my money i've already paid for the tuition is used, i'm going to transfer my credits. It's how it goes, not all games can succeed not all are worthy of it either...
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I just want him to come back as a regular Joe like us and just hang out even if he isn't our CM anymore. b:sad He's still our buddy and should visit us!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well spoons did have his own character, it's possible that he still plays, just doesn't want to say anything. It's either none of our business, company wise... or he didn't feel a need to say anything and we should respect his decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Or it really had only been one day. >.> Maybe he's just busy since things would seem hectic with him leaving and someone else coming in and he'll give us some kind of heads up sometime? I just hope he's alright and something didn't happen to him.. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Miharu - Raging Tide
    Miharu - Raging Tide Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Mabby he got shot b:shocked

Buch 'a haters b:angry (refering to the people who shot him)
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well, there really are only two options:

1) He left the company willingly
    2) He left the company unwillingly

We'll never know exactly what happened. It would be poor business sense to provide anything other than a summary statement. (ie - Decided to pursue other opportunities)
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He moved on with his life :O we dont have rights to poke into his private life of 'why's'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    We don't need 'why's. If he did it willingly, we should respect his actions. Although... I do miss him b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Either way its still like just up and leaving a whole group of your friends without ever saying goodbye. b:sad We all loved Spooner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Sad to say, the evidence points to him being fired. Otherwise, I think it likely he would have at least said goodbye.

As far as us having a "right to know," no we don't have a right to this information. Yes, it would be NICE to know, but it's not our right.

Duke Shouts: Let it be known that eatwithspoons will be missed. That being said, let it drop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ...as to what happened to our favorite GM, Eatwithspoons. He held on politely through the ****storm about the anni packs, patiently dealt with obnoxious trolls and spammers, and even managed to be a damn nice guy too. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we'll miss him.

That said, we'd like an answer. If he left the company, if he's being moved to CM for another product(like BoI), etc. If he's been let go, you can just confirm that the other two options are in error.

I think we're owed at least that much, considering the disregard for our input on other issues.

agreed.

mods are not employees. they have no idea what pwe does or why. and having no official notice from the company itself is an insult to the forum using player base.

i also find it grossly insulting that most threads about him disappearing have been locked, and the only one being left open residing in the off topic board. this is a big deal. there should be a sticky for this on the general discussion board.
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you guys do know, we stole orinj and xarfox etc from other MMOs, maybe he was offered a better oppurtunity elsewhere? orinj's good bye on their former MMO was a rather abrupt one with a lulz video :o. as they say c'est la vie
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you guys do know, we stole orinj and xarfox etc from other MMOs, maybe he was offered a better oppurtunity elsewhere? orinj's good bye on their former MMO was a rather abrupt one with a lulz video :o. as they say c'est la vie

Could at least get a 'Bye guys!'. Literally just that would be good. At least we'd know he didn't die. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Odds are this will be locked, Lower Depth'd, etc, but I agree - it would be nice to have at least some kind of reason why Spoons is gone.
    -Was it his choice, or PWE's?
    -Was it due to PWE's decisions, something in the community here, or simply a career move?

As much as you would like to know, it is none of your business.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Either way its still like just up and leaving a whole group of your friends without ever saying goodbye. b:sad We all loved Spooner.
    i cant say i did... personal reasons. my wife was actually a bit happy to hear it.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i cant say i did... personal reasons. my wife was actually a bit happy to hear it.

Meaning his friends and all of us who are upset and wanting to know why. >.>; Its something to tell those of us who care about it happening. The OP and the point of this thread at all basically. b:sweat Which is why we would want at least a goodbye note, no matter how short.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Sorry, but this isn't your decision to make. It's entirely up to the GM's, so I'm going to close this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.