Possible end of game tank

FanFon - Dreamweaver
FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Assassin
Rib strike + Blood Paint + 5 dps = ?

Please do not start comparing it to other classes/builds. (I don't wan't to see another +12 page sin vs ......) I'm just wondering if I reach the 5 dps goal, do you think it is possible to be a solo tank end of game for high lvl bosses.

Correct my math if it is off

lets say bade damage is 6k (has no idea what damage might look like end of game)

Blood paint 2% of 6k is 120
120X5=600
600 blood suck a sec + 30% attack speed reduction= me not getting owned by monsters if i come charmed with a lot of apothecary stuff and pots?
Post edited by FanFon - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• PandaXpresss - Harshlands
    PandaXpresss - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Depends on the bosses, there are a lot of bosses that can probably one shot you later on, unless your pour a lot into vit. Big issue with higher level bosses is the necessity of purify from clerics. Sure there's a puri pot, but the cooldown won't be fast enough if the boss spams the debuff.
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hi there. By 5 dps, do you mean attacking 5 times per second?
  • Death_Tide - Heavens Tear
    Death_Tide - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Please do not start comparing it to other classes/builds. (I don't wan't to see another +12 page sin vs ......) I'm just wondering if I reach the 5 dps goal, do you think it is possible to be a solo tank end of game for high lvl bosses.

Correct my math if it is off

lets say bade damage is 6k (has no idea what damage might look like end of game)

Blood paint 2% of 6k is 120
    120X5=600
    600 blood suck a sec + 30% attack speed reduction= me not getting owned by monsters if i come charmed with a lot of apothecary stuff and pots?

No need for Apothecaries if you're pretty geared up with other ppl's buffs.

But yea I've been actually thinking the same thing too lately if Sins can be tanks end game.

If ALUBA, an archer, can come up with 10K+ HP with gears and run around in a catapult in TW, I'm sure Sins can do the same thing, except with the juicy BloodPaint that becomes their built in cleric b:pleased

So yes, with the right gears a sin is able to solo bosses...dunno which ones but I'm sure they can solo plenty of them.
  • BrianFields_ - Heavens Tear
    BrianFields_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah 5 dps with demon spark or may be damage reduction with sage spark but i guess with good +10 gears any class can tank.
    edited January 2010
    Yeah 5 dps with demon spark or may be damage reduction with sage spark but i guess with good +10 gears any class can tank.

Yea but the beauty of sins being able to tank is they can recover HP by massive amount, and not forgetting that Triple Spark also recovers 20% HP

Also sins can just stealth through most of the mobs anyway and lure with a Zeal genie.

Albeit this technique may not work always but it's a great way of doing certain BHs...or just farming molds lol.
  • Rubycc - Heavens Tear
    Rubycc - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    dont forget focused mind, for 60 seconds 1/4 of all attacks are negated cooldown is 90 seconds so you'll only go 30 seconds without it
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i think its possible. if blood paint heals 200 HP per hit (just for an example, numbers will vary from person to person obviously and im not factoring in crits)then with 5 atk/sec that is 1k HP being healed every 1 second.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Hi there. By 5 dps, do you mean attacking 5 times per second?

me certainly hope the OP meant 5 attacks per second. b:shocked
    If ALUBA, an archer, can come up with 10K+ HP with gears and run around in a catapult in TW, I'm sure Sins can do the same thing, except with the juicy BloodPaint that becomes their built in cleric b:pleased

So yes, with the right gears a sin is able to solo bosses...dunno which ones but I'm sure they can solo plenty of them.

O.o'
    archers pulling catas?
    xD
    me want to see that lol
    also ya sure why not, whatshisface soloed his BH or something.
    and me figure their dps can be great enough to hold aggro reasonably well.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Sure, have a sin tank polearm b:chuckle

debufed sin = oneshoted sin (and higher bosses, even not debuffed is one shotted)

Can't heal against a one shot, there is a reason tanks have high hp pool
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    dam ti doubble post<_<
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    i think i ment attack speed or i'm just a really confused nub...

Depends on the bosses, there are a lot of bosses that can probably one shot you later on, unless your pour a lot into vit. Big issue with higher level bosses is the necessity of purify from clerics. Sure there's a puri pot, but the cooldown won't be fast enough if the boss spams the debuff.

wekk Would a HA sin survive and i got no clue wat purity is...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2010

debufed sin = oneshoted sin (and higher bosses, even not debuffed is one shotted)

Can't heal against a one shot, there is a reason tanks have high hp pool

This. b:laugh

The healing from BP could be huge towards endgame but it might aslo be cancelled out but the extra damage we take with LA.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Learn your stuf before you start thinking about end game -_-'

PuriFy = purifying debufs from the target. The most common (and for you soon to find out) example is jewelscalen, who does a debuf that lowers your phys def by 100%.
    After this, everyone with low hp gets oneshot unles the cleric purifies them.

THis is why a tank has high hp. Now if you go pour everything into vit. You won't deal enough dmg to keep aggro of the DD's (as you don't have any aggro skils like a barb)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Kind of hard. But not impossible I guess. Depends on gear and the bosses you're talking about.

Under normal fb conditions I can have up to 21k pdef (counting pdef marrow and pde ornament) when tanking polearm. When he uses his debuff, My pdef is dropped to around 9k. If I remember correctly, he can (but not always) hit 2.5k max on me. That's why you need cleric to purify the debuff.

Well according to my experiments, polearm debuffs you about 200% equipment value. Even with cleric buff, bm buff, and HA, my guess is that you'll have around 1~2k pdef once you get debuffed if not lower. It will hurt really bad.

Not counting the debuff, there are quite a few end game bosses that are lvl?. Your damage on the lvl? bosses will be dramatically reduced and so will the effect of bloodpaint. Going HA will also affect the damage output and reducing the effectiveness of bloodpaint.

There are also bosses like harpy wraith that pretty much one shots anyone less than 10k pdef.

Well it's worth a try though, maybe 5APS sin can maybe not.
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Learn your stuf before you start thinking about end game -_-'

PuriFy = purifying debufs from the target. The most common (and for you soon to find out) example is jewelscalen, who does a debuf that lowers your phys def by 100%.
    After this, everyone with low hp gets oneshot unles the cleric purifies them.

THis is why a tank has high hp. Now if you go pour everything into vit. You won't deal enough dmg to keep aggro of the DD's (as you don't have any aggro skils like a barb)

This is the learning process

sins can't get 1 shot with dead nerves but not exactly spamable so XD

only sin build with stam i know about is 1 str 1vit 3 dex and most ppl would cap it at 50 ish i think
    edited January 2010

Ahem we already considered that dude. =/
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i doubt it really theres bosses in TT that hit me for 3k(thats worse then pole is) or close to that under BB with physical atacks and 5k with BB for mag atacks sins are just no tanks to low base hp and p.def
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    with high refined **** you can do anything from a till z
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if an archer can solo 3-2, a sin can do the same only easier.

with +10 armor and the 90 dagger (removes debuffs) at 5 APS it should proc quickly when you do get debuffed making bosses pretty simple to beat. you'll need quite a bit of money to start this though.

if you did do it farming would be simple for you. stealth past mobs and only fight door mobs/bosses
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Kind of hard. But not impossible I guess. Depends on gear and the bosses you're talking about.

Under normal fb conditions I can have up to 21k pdef (counting pdef marrow and pde ornament) when tanking polearm. When he uses his debuff, My pdef is dropped to around 9k. If I remember correctly, he can (but not always) hit 2.5k max on me. .

lolwtflux. i hope u remmeber wrong. 21k pdef debuffed on polearm at 96, i dont hope u take that dmg. i take 950-1050 debuffed on polearm at 20k pdef down to i dunno, but lil lower than you. it should not hit you up to 2,5k =x.

and yea polearm / debuff bosses dont think will be able to lol. its like 1,8k phys alrdy without debuff for my sin yesterday when was 81.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lolwtflux. i hope u remmeber wrong. 21k pdef debuffed on polearm at 96, i dont hope u take that dmg. i take 950-1050 debuffed on polearm at 20k pdef down to i dunno, but lil lower than you. it should not hit you up to 2,5k =x.

and yea polearm / debuff bosses dont think will be able to lol. its like 1,8k phys alrdy without debuff for my sin yesterday when was 81.

Hmm idk, maybe. Still I remember back when I have no demon bell and marrow one of his attack hit me up to 3k. That's with almost the same gear.

Well idk I'll have to check more on that.
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F4UEBz1iCk

I thinking of the possibilities of the class but what i got in mind i will not discuss until it has proven successful. Believe me, there is plenty stuff assassins can do. Just gotta have bit imaginations and have knowledge of the end game content.
  • _Whisper_ - Raging Tide
    _Whisper_ - Raging Tide Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes im pretty sure endgame Sin with very high attack speed= guild farmer lmao. But thats endgame, possiblities are endless really endgame.

We will have to see when we get there
    [SIGPIC]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/skyeuser/Whispercopy.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I got my Fishy Gills, And my Flippy Floppy's. Im a fish on land, no one can stop mehb:chuckle
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I thinking of the possibilities of the class but what i got in mind i will not discuss until it has proven successful. Believe me, there is plenty stuff assassins can do. Just gotta have bit imaginations and have knowledge of the end game content.

Wanna post your gear (mostly just wondering how you got to 7k+ hp with buff and how much I'll have to lay down on refines/sharding).

I also don't see any increased attack speed in there. You appear to be attacking slower than my Sin, and I only have -0.05 interval.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2010

nice. with better gear you should even be able to do some HH bosses this way. would go faster than a veno too because you can still sneak past all the mobs
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Should be more than possible.

600 HP/sec is about the healing capability of a triple stack of IH from a Cleric with good healing capabilities (not GREAT, mind you, as I'm sure there are plenty of higher level Clerics that could blow that output out of the water. Granted, this isn't taking Spark-enhanced healing into account, either...but whatever). Couple that with Crabmeat Jiaozi and you're looking at 950 recovery a second, before factoring in HP regen bonuses from stats, armor and powders. Now you've pretty much got that same Cleric spam-healing you religiously.

Toss that in with the 20% hp bonus from Triple Spark (which you'd be abusing often, with that attack speed obviously...and if not Sins have plenty of Spark building skills, and there are pots and Cloud Eruption and whatnot to fall back on in a pinch), and you've already got a solid recovery base to work with at least. Assuming you've got a good pool of HP (which you'd have to, considering what you're attempting), that should give you back anywhere between 1.2-2k every Eruption. Which will happen...what...every 15-20 seconds-ish I think?

And then there's charms as a last line of defense...

From there it's just a matter of figuring out what the boss is going to hit you for and prepping gear, apoth and whatnot accordingly I suppose. And with Clerical support that'd be insane. XD

Edit: I really should read earlier posts better, as most of this was already said it seems...but whatever. XP