Genie automatic exp gain - needs to be turned on?

Options
raemi
raemi Posts: 16 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
It says on the genie's exp infuse page, as well as in a few posts on forums here and there, that genies will gain exp automatically as you fight monsters and turn in quests (equal to 10% of what you gain, without taking any from you). This was added in a patch, apparently.

However, my genie is not doing this. Does the feature have to be activated, somehow? In the genie's page, this is displayed when i highlight the large green diamond in the center of the page, but there is no visible button or checkbox associated with it. :(
Post edited by raemi on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's automatic. Are you sure your genie isn't receiving it? It can't level past you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • raemi
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's a fresh genie that I transfered over from another character, so it was at level one (while I am at 24). I equipped it, made sure its trade state was at "non-tradable", and went outside archosaur and killed two lesser venomous ghouls. Exp was still 0/22. T_T
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The infuse rate might be so low at that level that you'd get less than .01% for two kills?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • raemi
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ah, i see.....so the genie gets 10% of 10% with this kind of gap, leaving it at..................1% <_< Yeah, you're right, that IS less than one experience point! @_@ I'd better keep my genie equipped from now on, before the gap gets even worse! XD Thanks. ^^/
  • Jeran - Harshlands
    Jeran - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Its best to level it with spirit, as the amount you get from fighting mob for your genie itself is insignificant as little as non :D
  • raemi
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah, but I'm not really sure I'll be using it much, so I don't want to set back my character itself in favor of the genie. XD Besides, I'm an assassin, and don't have much spirit to spare. @_@
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You won't have spirit to spare until higher levels. But the quests will give a larger amount of exp, and that should level it up a bit to get it to have a better exp rate. Then it will get exp from random mobs. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    your genie need to be in non trade state to get exp oterhwise u can level it with exp cube only
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]