Blade Tempest and Tangling Mire.

Kila_Master - Harshlands
Kila_Master - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Wizard
Hey you guys. I dont know if this has been discussed before but does Tangling Mire affect Blade Tempest? Btw, Tangling mire is a AoE genie skill that reduces the targets physical def.
Post edited by Kila_Master - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Why you'd waste a genie skill slot on a debuff that only supports one of your skills is beyond me, but even then, Extreme Poison or Frenzy or both > Tangling Mire.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Why you'd waste a genie skill slot on a debuff that only supports one of your skills is beyond me, but even then, Extreme Poison or Frenzy or both > Tangling Mire.

and energy cost is Extreme Poison or Frenzy or both < Tangling Mire

if somebody ahve vit/con genie then can cats both 3 :P

i think the point on aoe and extremity not aoe.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'd rather have frenzy + extreme poison then tangling mire because i can use it when i drop BIDS, BT, or MS and follow up with hailstorm if needed and still have the +20 attack lvl through that.

Tangling mire will only be used for your BT and will not effect any other of your skills and personally i believe +20 attack lvl > 35% debuff in terms of damage us wizzies deal. Since our undine (60% debuff) deals roughly around 25% more damage.

If you want it, go ahead, its fine to be different.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    I'd rather have frenzy + extreme poison then tangling mire because i can use it when i drop BIDS, BT, or MS and follow up with hailstorm if needed and still have the +20 attack lvl through that.

Tangling mire will only be used for your BT and will not effect any other of your skills and personally i believe +20 attack lvl > 35% debuff in terms of damage us wizzies deal. Since our undine (60% debuff) deals roughly around 25% more damage.

another thing BT good agaist more every class than BIDS.
    yes i use more time the extremity posion but ebcause i do often 3rd fury so its nice in 1vs1. with dex genie its more than -35% pdef . u can combine the 20attack lv+mire in tw but anyway only in huge group pk worth something.
  • Kila_Master - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    I understand what u guys r saying but i was just wondering if it works. I wasnt actually gonna get it. A fact-mate and I were having a debate over it.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It would increase the damage of half of blade tempest yes.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Kila_Master - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Good. I win our bet. =D
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Undine doesn't work with an amp, it lowers defences. So the fact that 60% reduced def results in about 30% more dmg is caused by deminishing returns. Same will apply to tangling mire, so it'll probably only give a 10% bonus to half your BT'st dmg (that's a netto of +5%dmg)
    Yea, worthless compered to a skil that gives a plain and simple raises your dmg by 20% (frenzy or extreme poiton)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Undine doesn't work with an amp, it lowers defences. So the fact that 60% reduced def results in about 30% more dmg is caused by deminishing returns. Same will apply to tangling mire, so it'll probably only give a 10% bonus to half your BT'st dmg (that's a netto of +5%dmg)
    Yea, worthless compered to a skil that gives a plain and simple raises your dmg by 20% (frenzy or extreme poiton)

that is teh math if targets have same fire reducion and same phy reducion, what happens is that BT is most used on arcana targets that have a **** pdef, low phy reducion and high fire resist....70% of BT is from the phy atk side actually, assuming it lowers targets pdef it will increase the dmg of the phy atk side of BT only...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Ok i should clarify what I meant to say. Since tangling mire is 35% debuff and then it'll do even less damage increase compared to frenzy alone. Since i know our undine alone at 60% gives only roughly 30% damage increase and their talking about tangling mire on half of BT's damage which makes it even worse.

Nowhere did i state that i combined frenzy, extreme poison, and undine.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited January 2010

about when u considering the sage mastery also give 5% dmg and not too many ppl underestimate that.

u can do extremity poison but that work only with 1 ppl
    Strength: Every 5 Genie Strength points reduces physical defense by an additional 1%.

still in my server i think this dex depend not str so 100point =20%, -55%pdef nearly a smaller aoe udine with bt. when in tw have a group and u want a shot with biggest effect then frenzy and mire could have effect to everybody who get from aoe and in that case when ahve more class in same place like bm with mdef sutra,light armor and robe this could be effective.

another question how many times happen a good situation for this combo...
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    about when u considering the sage mastery also give 5% dmg and not too many ppl underestimate that.

u can do extremity poison but that work only with 1 ppl

Eehm, we're talking about genie skils here. What does sage/demon has to do with it?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Eehm, we're talking about genie skils here. What does sage/demon has to do with it?

i think he is talking about making BT do more damage with BT.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze