Did anyone notice this is help a Noob week?

_makina_ - Sanctuary
_makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
http://pwi.perfectworld.com/event/eventsubpage/9112

Its an event you can win a tidal serpent mount for doing lowbie fb's 19-39 and you get entered every time you run one.
Post edited by _makina_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes...always check the Announcements and Events during/After Maintenance. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    One of my lowbie alts is level 28.

Gogo FB29 b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Furfuf - Lost City
    Furfuf - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I noticed! So lastnight i ran a noob through fb19 and soloed it for him then gave everything to him. (not like i would have any use for the stuff from fb19)
    b:angryb:angryb:angryb:laughI feel better taking out my BEAR aggression. Lame joke i know but suck it.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    newb... not n00b. For shame PWI :/

I knew about it but haven't run any fb's. Anyone announcing they have a fb gets pounced on in 5 seconds by about 50 high levels, so there's not much point searching for someone who needs help. And those with friends/factions have already had all spots booked well in advance by those friends.

Tbh, it should be for bosses, not fb's. Doesn't really benefit newbies one bit. Fb help has always been easy to find.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I run my guildies through fbs all the time :D b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary
    Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    OK, so I help somebody with a FB (already did actually..plenty even), now how do I sign in?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yep, saw it.

Helping, not in fb39, I hate that cave. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hmm. So tempted to make a comment... Ah, hell why not?

Their title is technically correct. Because, with the current situation, you could, in fact, be helping an Oracle Noob with their FBs, as they won't know any better, anyway. And even non-Oracle players can still be noobs. You kinda stop being a Newb when you stop being a low level, which, last time I checked, was right around FB19. And if you absolutely need those Uber High levels to pwn your various FBs, you are, in fact, nothing more than a Noob. Period. If you're just **** around with your friends on a alt, however... By all means. Go ahead. b:victory
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hmm. So tempted to make a comment... Ah, hell why not?

Their title is technically correct. Because, with the current situation, you could, in fact, be helping an Oracle Noob with their FBs, as they won't know any better, anyway. And even non-Oracle players can still be noobs. You kinda stop being a Newb when you stop being a low level, which, last time I checked, was right around FB19. And if you absolutely need those Uber High levels to pwn your various FBs, you are, in fact, nothing more than a Noob. Period. If you're just **** around with your friends on a alt, however... By all means. Go ahead. b:victory
    I disagree since it only applies for fb19,29 and 39.If they really intended oracle noobs they would have said fb69/79/89 :)
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010

YESH! FINALLY!

PWI finally encouraging trollingb:laugh
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    YESH! FINALLY!

PWI finally encouraging trollingb:laugh

Shh, they don't know that. b:chuckle

Or do they?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Ysionris - Sanctuary
    Ysionris - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Helping, not in fb39, I hate that cave. b:sad
    ^^^

After the Hadean Cadevil Quest, no force on this earth will make me go into FB39 again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AinaMizuako's smexy Assassin. b:kiss
  • Snow_Flake - Raging Tide
    Snow_Flake - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Noticed it just now.
    And I'm yet to help any.
    Not because I don't want to, it's just...
    I have tons of quests on my list b:faint

I'll be sure to lend a hand if I'm near one of those caves.
    If I'm doing my BH, I could bring along those who need FB b:victory

However,
    Helping people with FB doesn't mean I do it for the serpent though.
    If they really need help and I have spare time, why not? b:cute
  • Rheic - Dreamweaver
    Rheic - Dreamweaver Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    FYI:

Newb, or newbie: a player who has only recently joined in a MMO and is still studying the game mechanics, terms, etc.

N00b: a player who didn't bother reading any tutorials, tips, etc. and constantly asks other players for free stuff etc. A major annoyance incarnate.

Please don't mix these.b:thanks
    Who needs a sig anyways?
  • VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver
    VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes, I noticed after the patch. However, I already help with FBs when I can, so no reason for anything to change.
  • Fryckie - Sanctuary
    Fryckie - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    FYI:

Newb, or newbie: a player who has only recently joined in a MMO and is still studying the game mechanics, terms, etc.

N00b: a player who didn't bother reading any tutorials, tips, etc. and constantly asks other players for free stuff etc. A major annoyance incarnate.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught that mistake.

I knew about it but haven't run any fb's. Anyone announcing they have a fb gets pounced on in 5 seconds by about 50 high levels, so there's not much point searching for someone who needs help. And those with friends/factions have already had all spots booked well in advance by those friends.

Tbh, it should be for bosses, not fb's. Doesn't really benefit newbies one bit. Fb help has always been easy to find.

I agree, all you need to for FB 19 is yell out "anyone want to help me with my FB 19?" and you'll get a few PM's and invite or 2 (banks, AH and elder are good spots to ask). For FB 29, just go to SP and ask, again you'll get a few PM's and/or an invite. FB 39 is a little tougher, but going to the HH and asking a BH 39 squad to help out should solve that problem.

I have never had a problem finding a FB squad, but finding someone to help out on a boss can be hard if your not in a faction.

Apart from all that, you know something is wrong when you need to have an "event" to get people to help others.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    FYI:

b:avoid
    me don't bother reading tutorials, tips, etc
    so does that mean me are a noob?
    b:shocked
    but me don't ask for free stuff. b:avoid

Noob Power!

also me noticed but still hasn't really gone into any FB19/29/39 etc.
    well...me got sucked into BH39 like 5 times in the last 2 days.....
    and also sucked into BH51 like 3 times
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rheic - Dreamweaver
    Rheic - Dreamweaver Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:avoid
    me don't bother reading tutorials, tips, etc

With your post count, I find it kinda hard to believe that you haven't READ any of the tips and quides here....b:chuckle

Anyways, I think I'll pass the opportunity for that contest and start leveling my alts instead. There's bound to be some people who would be happy to help with those FB's now.

Btw, if there's 2(or more) newbie characters in same party running that instance once for each tab, do THEY get a chance to win the competition too?b:sin
    Who needs a sig anyways?
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Agreed. FBs have never been very hard to get help for, since usually FB = there's a tabber = people get exp and *REP* for doing them. It would've been much nicer for the newbies if the event took into account ANY kind of help, though I guess it would've been much harder to track that way.

TBH things like Tideborns' weapon token, culti bosses, normal quest bosses, etc. are normally harder to find help for than FBs. I've been lucky enough not to have that problem, but I know what it's like from trying to get people to help others with those quests =|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    As far as i know...
    'newb' = Not a negative term -> New player / low lv
    'noob' = Negative term -> Insult (like id1ot/mor0n) / mid or high lv player that makes stupid mistakes they shouldnt be making

Thats how i've always seen it and pretty much everyone i knew in gaming. Either PWE is unfamiliar with the exact terms or they're flat-out insulting the newcomers.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    With your post count, I find it kinda hard to believe that you haven't READ any of the tips and quides here....b:chuckle

Anyways, I think I'll pass the opportunity for that contest and start leveling my alts instead. There's bound to be some people who would be happy to help with those FB's now.

Btw, if there's 2(or more) newbie characters in same party running that instance once for each tab, do THEY get a chance to win the competition too?b:sin

me actually don't really read up on tips at all and only brows through guides. me only read up a bit on wizard stat and that be about it. everything else me just ran in and did what me thought be okie at the time. (the rest of me knowledge comes from experience of dozens of other mmorpgs, FPS, rpgs, strategy games, etc and me power comes from noob power.)
    also the only time me venture into teh beginner's guide section and stuff be to answer questions.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    Kado - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    They should have included helping with their BH's in this too. Just a thought.
  • timkalex
    timkalex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The first day of this, I started a thread called *Help A Noob Week*
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This should clarify things. Unfortunately, so many of the players in this game do, in fact, fall under the category of Noob. Which means that PW is technically correct in their use of the word "Noob", instead of Newb.
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yay I get help this week b:victory
    Btw anyone know what i do with these Call of Duty thingies? b:surrender

2010-01-3012-24-20q.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Yay I get help this week b:victory
    Btw anyone know what i do with these Call of Duty thingies? b:surrender

2010-01-3012-24-20q.jpg

Oracles, Maybe? b:shocked
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    This should clarify things. Unfortunately, so many of the players in this game do, in fact, fall under the category of Noob. Which means that PW is technically correct in their use of the word "Noob", instead of Newb.

That's just horribly funny.
  • aloque
    aloque Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I didn't hear about this event until yesterday... I've been helping all my guildies with their fb's... particularly 39's... T^T so... ti...re..d...
  • PandaTheWise - Sanctuary
    PandaTheWise - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I doubt anyone really knew, seeing as most announcements show up when you log in.
    The new CM has not updated that at all.
    We've broke 50k fans, and nothing has been said.
    Its Help a Noob Week, and nothing was said.
    They can't just act like everyone in PWI checks the forums/site to see if there are events.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Actually, that little cartoon supports the 'newb' term as best used on this situation/announcement. What PWI is doing is insulting the inexperienced players by calling all newcomers 'noobs'.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]