What does it say.......

RedEmporess - Harshlands
RedEmporess - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dawnglory (EU)
What does it say about a Faction that Charges it's members to be members? I, and many I've spoken to are under the impression that PWI is a F2P mmorpg. Well clearly not if factions are allowed to charge to become members. To me, it says that leaders of such factions are just in it for the money and not for enjoyment of the game. It's a sad commentary for gaming. I thought the Anni packs and the classes were going to ruin this game but now I no longer feel that way. I know believe the downfall of this game will be if factions are allowed to continue to Charge to become members. What's next??? What will Factions be allowed to do next? I really wonder.....
Post edited by RedEmporess - Harshlands on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    loooooooooooool
    RedEmporess
    xD
    me wondering what the heck kind of fail factions has you been getting into?
    b:chuckle
    or is this some sort of harshland thing?
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedEmporess - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    loooooooooooool
    RedEmporess
    xD
    me wondering what the heck kind of fail factions has you been getting into?
    b:chuckle
    or is this some sort of harshland thing?

(>.<)'

Magic..lolz I'm not in such a faction nor would I ever pay to be in a faction like that. I don't think it's a Harshland thing but I just may make new Chars over on another server. A server that doesn't have Factions that you must pay to get in or be in...
  • Selfish - Harshlands
    Selfish - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    just dont join? and stop complaining
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    just dont join? and stop complaining

me are agree with the Selfish fishy
    b:surrender
    me sure a faction like that will die soon enough.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cookiecutter - Harshlands
    Cookiecutter - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What does it say about a Faction that Charges it's members to be members? I, and many I've spoken to are under the impression that PWI is a F2P mmorpg. Well clearly not if factions are allowed to charge to become members. To me, it says that leaders of such factions are just in it for the money and not for enjoyment of the game. It's a sad commentary for gaming. I thought the Anni packs and the classes were going to ruin this game but now I no longer feel that way. I know believe the downfall of this game will be if factions are allowed to continue to Charge to become members. What's next??? What will Factions be allowed to do next? I really wonder.....
    Fail faction. ijs
    PartyAnimalb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/watch?v=WfYyBp4Ln2s Mai theme songb:laugh
  • Mahdust - Harshlands
    Mahdust - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Wtf?

Better question, is this why everyone thinks HL is so bad? b:cry

Join evoke, we're 80+ and who the eff thought it would be a good idea to charge members?

Also the concept of Free 2 Play vs. Pay to Play is not paying money in game, its whether or not you pay the makers of the game REAL MONEY to play said game. The Devs don't even have any control over if a faction charges its members or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    LOL paying to be in a faction.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have to pay 100k to my faction leader everytime I log in :<
    Packs World International
  • Bunny_Spank - Harshlands
    Bunny_Spank - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    When Takoda was a smaller faction we had a mandatory donation system. The money was used to help level it to 3, saving for TW expenses, etc. We have had a system of faction TT runs for a while that brings more cash into the faction to keep it running then donations ever really did. Better yet it supplies very inexpensive TT mats to our members.
  • RedEmporess - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    When Takoda was a smaller faction we had a mandatory donation system. The money was used to help level it to 3, saving for TW expenses, etc. We have had a system of faction TT runs for a while that brings more cash into the faction to keep it running then donations ever really did. Better yet it supplies very inexpensive TT mats to our members.

Doing TT, Mat Run for the Faction is a great idea. However, That is not what This one certain Faction does. The leader Takes the Money charged as his own. It does not go into A faction Bank or Buys mats, charms, whatever is needed for The Faction. This Money goes directly to the Faction Leader for his own personal use. That's the Reason I brought it up cuz most good solid factions will have a bank system for old armours,weapons,mats Which is how it should be but to Charge for Being a Member or to charge to return to Faction and not use that money for the faction but rather your own personal use is Beyond me how it's being allowed to happen.
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Doing TT, Mat Run for the Faction is a great idea. However, That is not what This one certain Faction does. The leader Takes the Money charged as his own. It does not go into A faction Bank or Buys mats, charms, whatever is needed for The Faction. This Money goes directly to the Faction Leader for his own personal use. That's the Reason I brought it up cuz most good solid factions will have a bank system for old armours,weapons,mats Which is how it should be but to Charge for Being a Member or to charge to return to Faction and not use that money for the faction but rather your own personal use is Beyond me how it's being allowed to happen.

does this "Faction" actually have members? Cause if so, a simple pm seems like it would solve everyone's troubles. . and my guess would be this said "Faction" would have itself a lone leader very quickly b:chuckle
  • Bunny_Spank - Harshlands
    Bunny_Spank - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well... in that case, FAIL!!! I would let the members know they don't have to enrich their leader in order to be in a faction. If anything the leader should be helping to enrich its members. That is how Takoda works and that is how it should work.
  • BanGkoK_ - Harshlands
    BanGkoK_ - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    bunnyspank ur a fail veno. kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    bunnyspank ur a fail veno. kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

LOLUMAD?

...yeah, you mad.

b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Well... in that case, FAIL!!! I would let the members know they don't have to enrich their leader in order to be in a faction. If anything the leader should be helping to enrich its members. That is how Takoda works and that is how it should work.

bunny did you just advertise for your faction in someone's thread??? b:surrender
  • Stayne - Harshlands
    Stayne - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    bunny did you just advertise for your faction in someone's thread??? b:surrender

I believe she did. Sign of an awesome marketeer.
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    jealous. . .

goes back to his world chatting shenanigans
  • BanGkoK_ - Harshlands
    BanGkoK_ - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    im never mad =) except when my mains account got BANNED FROM FORUMS! RAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEE b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Jibreel - Harshlands
    Jibreel - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LOL. i think everyone is realy curios.. whos the smart person that made that faction? :P and whats the faction name? xD
    oh and pwi, this is i think the first faction that is asking to pay. so i wudnt really say its pwi huge problem :D
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    Garaver - Harshlands Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    SOME FACTIONS CHARGE MONEY TO JOIN??!!.....b:shocked... I know, slow reaction to the thread hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Semi-quit the game, I'm very busy nowadays
    -Former member of Kylin
    -Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte