Gold prices falling

Options
Ponza - Lost City
Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
It seems on some of the servers the gold price has actually been falling instead of going up. Or at least not staying at the ridiculous 500k levels like in previous sales. Are we finally getting tired of anni pack sales? Or maybe most of the cash shoppers have their gear already?

I already have a couple pieces of TT99, but I refuse to buy packs just for nirvana crystals, and yes farming them is a pain, but when PWI promised refine transfers for nirvana gear then suddenly says that they will not be implemented in PWI, I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend another couple hundred bucks to refine my gears to +7,or +8, AGAIN, when I thought that I'd finally be investing in some worthwhile endgame gear that had "future" value via refine transfers.

And to top it off the they've introduced an incredibly powerful stealth class into this game, with very little counters to their stealth ability. One of the reasons i started this game was because of the lack of stealth classes. Do you know sins can instantly dissapear and become untargetable while gaining almost 2 free sparks, every 90 seconds? Once they go POOF, there is no reliable way to ever detect them again.

It just really feels like PWI has been deliberately deceptive in their marketing, I understand it's a business but I at least want to feel like they value my continued business and are not out to just milk me of my money and run off laughing to the bank.

I don't know. I just no longer feel comfortable with spending even a dime anymore on this game. The game has just become another generic free-to-play game willing to do anything to make a quick buck. I may still play this game because i have friends, memories, connections still to this game, but I don't think I can ever play another game run by this company ever again. Does anyone else feel this way?
Post edited by Ponza - Lost City on

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    People got tired of anni packs after the second time. That's why every time they come back gold prices rise less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Ysionris - Sanctuary
    Ysionris - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't know what you're talking about, when I came back (pre-coral) gold was 300-330k, and last time I checked it was 400-480k.

What servers are you seeing this on?

Edit; disregard this, I suck ****.

It does seem that gold isn't shooting up as high as it used to go.. or perhaps we're just getting so used to the any packs that the standard gold price is rising and rising.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AinaMizuako's smexy Assassin. b:kiss
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    simple answer is because anni packs are no longer in cs. people were solely buying anni packs when they came out which risen the gold price of them because people wanted them so badly but there was not enought gold sellers (supply) to meet the demand of the buyers. so prices were raised by ppl offer insane high prices of anni packs and at the same time raising gold prices.

now that the packs are gone gold sellers are realizng that buyers were only buying gold for the anni packs but not paying such insane rates for any of the other CS items. and thus the gold sellers are almost forced to lower there prices of gold so they can actually be able to sell them again.

if you noticed the price of gold did decrease by a significant ammount. but if you go around and look at the guys still selling anni packs the price have RISEN significantly. there about 650-800k each on heavens tear now. and the price for anni packs will only rise more as the server starts to empty out on them.

so ya lets be happy that gold prices are going down (untill next year when anni packs 2 come outb:chuckle)
  • VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver
    VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ballistixz, the anniversary packs are back under a new name, "Lucky Coral". It is encouraging to see that the gold price spike after they were introduced is apparently temporary. b:victory
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What's funny is all the gold up to 480k sold in AH the minute these things were announced, yet gold prices haven't really gone much above 420-430k.

Obviously people went crazy thinking "zomg golds gonna be 500k+, time to profit!"....and the general population, instead of thinking "omg! End-game items, it r tiem to charge mah gold lazors!!" ....just shrugged it off with a "meh, another pack sale. Might buy one or 2"

To sum up, not as much demand for gold anymore. Packs have lost the "wow" factor they had on the first release and are becoming pretty run-of-the-mill.
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They are not run of the mill...it's just that anyone who can afford the uber anni pack gear now has it anyway. All that's left are the cheap asses (aka me) who won't sell gold for the money.
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What's funny is all the gold up to 480k sold in AH the minute these things were announced, yet gold prices haven't really gone much above 420-430k.
    A lot of that has to do with people getting smarter regarding the packs. By now, most people have figured out that the packs are going to be around forever, so there's no need to go into a buying frenzy whenever they appear.

People just wanted to satisfy their "I'll just try a few to see" curiosity factor, as was clearly evident yesterday when I blew through my stockpile of Gold by selling cheap Coral within less than an hour. I then kept rebuying Gold at between 400k-410k as the night went on, and then selling more Coral for between 425k-440k. The sales volume rapidly went from insanely fast, to fast, to moderate, to mediocre.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A lot of that has to do with people getting smarter regarding the packs. By now, most people have figured out that the packs are going to be around forever, so there's no need to go into a buying frenzy whenever they appear.

People just wanted to satisfy their "I'll just try a few to see" curiosity factor, as was clearly evident yesterday when I blew through my stockpile of Gold by selling cheap Coral within less than an hour. I then kept rebuying Gold at between 400k-410k as the night went on, and then selling more Coral for between 425k-440k. The sales volume rapidly went from insanely fast, to fast, to moderate, to mediocre.

The initial overshooting on the gold exchange is still odd. Each new version of the gamble box has its own expected value. Because the distribution of prizes in the box are not initially known, you can't be sure what the cash value of an unopened box is right at the start. Patient players will wait to see what the distribution is while the risk-loving players are jumping in quickly in the hope of striking it rich before the market figures out the correct value. What the initial spike in gold prices suggests is that the gold supply is constrained enough that these risk-lovers are actually falling victim to something auction theorists call "the winner's curse." That is, the players with the most optimistic expectations of the new box's value are buying up all the gold initially available in the market. Now, what ought to happen with enough repetition is that people should learn that there is no winning in that situation. Being the high bidder for scarce gold means you are almost certain to be disappointed by the real value of what you've won. And, yet, we continue to have this same initial spike every time there is a new box.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    but the pangu box didn't have gold go over 500k despite it having much much better chances of breaking even or better. i think you give people on our server too much credit.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It depends on how rare the item is. Endgame gear=people rushing to buy gold. Rare mounts=people rushing to save money by not buying gold and instead buying mount when it's in botique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There was a lot of Speculating with the Token going on like buying gold below 450k buy packs and hope for something good and resell the token when the packs are gone for at least 30k to recoup the cost and profit by anything better than token from the packs.

Buuuuut new coral packs killed the speculation bubble about token prices around 30k and the first day i found a LOT of Cat Shops with 3k-5k and more Token inside who tryed to get rid of their stuff for 18-20k each

I think some resellers are burned b:angry and wont fuel the coral pack sale lunacy for a while

people who buy and sell gold are the big winners this time b:victory
    I hate Room 38
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately threads that make false accusations toward the company must be locked.

We invite your constructive feedback, however when accusations are made it does not help us to improve.
This discussion has been closed.