Things that should be looked into

Options
trogers2
trogers2 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Suggestion Box
-Removing blinking on death.
It's unrealistic and stupid, I get a good laugh out of it watching yourself die but continue to blink while lying there.

-Remove straw hair
I don't like the fact your hair is like wood, it doesn't move to wind or pressure i.e. Running, been carried etc... It stays in one place, this should be changed or at least looked into.

-Plastic Band
We've all had it, jump off a cliff and be pulled back up onto the cliff, same when landing strangely enough you are thrown back into the air this can happen upto 10 times in a row and can cause deaths. Fix it.

-Increase to Meditation rate
I'd like to see it risen to 30%, 35% would be nice. 25% just seems too low to me.

-Remove 1 hour limit on Mail
Annoying, pointless and a waste of time. It should be removed.

-Send more than one item in mail via 1 mail
It would save time, increase of price per item would seem necessary if this was to be looked into.

-Warn us when you force game into window
This apply s to clicking on "Radio" and "Buy gold" for some this can cause game crashes which can cause death. A pop up box warning us is necessary.

-Built in radio
Following on from my above point, it would be nice to have the radio play on the game instead of a browser. It would also be nice to have voice chat in the game, it's a thought.

-Clan Base
Would be nice to have a "clan hall" a, go to an NPC, click clan hall, Get teled to some place, and there you go. Would also be an idea to have NPCs for, donation, item donation, clan quests and maybe clan rep.

-Reduction in Teles
Please go to: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6494211&posted=1#post6494211

-Hyperlink to items
Link items to text, displays the info about the hyperlinked item upon hovering over it (this is also used in Bounty Bay: Online MMO)
Please goto: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=601681

-Barb true forms
Should reflect the animal you are, wolf - wolf, tiger - tiger, panda - Panda.

-Tidespawn should have flying sea mounts
Wings? LAAAAAAAZZZZZZY! PW need to work on this, it not only DOES NOT suit this class but also reflects how much effort PW actually are putting into these things, little. Why make something good when it costs money? A simple 3D model of a rigged cleric wing should do.
This has been suggested many times, which makes me question the use of this thread, or the point of it. Please goto: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=597001

Added a poll, although I don't really think the poll is worth it (all of these things should be looked into) It will be interesting to see your views, on the most impotent issue.
-
Post edited by trogers2 on

Comments

• betterwatchout
    betterwatchout Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The "plastic band" as you call it has been a problem for quite a while if I recall i would like to see it fixed. You have a nice list here, i would also like the meditation rate increase that would be a useful asset.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Rubberbanding is an issue - nothing else you listen bothers me, tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    meditation regen should be 300% regen so it would worth using it instead of pots
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Xserionx - Sanctuary
    Xserionx - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    about the "clan base", I feel it's a good idea. I've played another mmorpg(beleive I cant state it's name though) where the guild leader could rent out a room for fellow members to go into a buy stuffs/hang outs. also a faction bank account would be nice for storing cash moneys and junk for TW and expansionsb:victory makes it accessable to leader-marshal ranks or something ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Truth and Time oft intertwine...For in Time is Truth revealed...
  • trogers2
    trogers2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thanks for your input guys, it's appropriated.
    meditation regen should be 300% regen so it would worth using it instead of pots

Uhmmm, I see your point mediation is slow, when you are forced to turn to it every second feels like an hour. Been there done that. Although I think 300% seems slightly too high, 30%, 35% would seem more "bearable" and help maintain balance while taking off a huge weight on MP classes.
    about the "clan base", I feel it's a good idea. I've played another mmorpg(beleive I cant state it's name though) where the guild leader could rent out a room for fellow members to go into a buy stuffs/hang outs. also a faction bank account would be nice for storing cash moneys and junk for TW and expansionsb:victory makes it accessable to leader-marshal ranks or something ^_^

Totally agree with you, this is a common feature in most MMOs like PW regarding factions/guides. Why don't PW have it also? I know my faction uses an alt for their bank, it would be nicer to have an NPC for this feature. Again, these things will help make things easier for us while helping to maintain a healthy balanced community.
    Rubberbanding is an issue - nothing else you listen bothers me, tbh.

Yeah, I agree. There are things that can be done to treat it. I'm not saying a cure is impossible, but difficult.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Meditation 30%? what kinda glue have you been sniffing?
    You'r regen is increased by 100% in meditation dude

Clanbase:
    Worthless, what's the freaking use of a room to do nothing in when you're playing a game? you have msn or some internet chatroom for that

Blinking after death:
    You're seriusly right? You actually get offended cause you still blink after you die?
    Ofcourse, it's far more realistic if you only restart blinking after you ressurect. O wait, is ressurection that realistic?

Straw hare:
    Eehm. Isn't it so that even today's fastest supercomputer isn't able to recreate realistic hair movement?
    Now ofcourse, you want realistic hair in a simple FREE to play MMORPG. What's so difucult about building a supercomputer to make that?b:angry

Teleport costs:
    It's a freaking coin sink nuub. Ofcourse, every wants a coinsink, but not one that people actually use, cause I'm not ganna sink my own coins into the sink aswel. Only other people should do that.

Eeehm, I think I have the highlights here
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Straw hare:
    Eehm. Isn't it so that even today's fastest human supercomputer isn't able to recreate realistic hair movement?
    Now ofcourse, you want realistic hair in a simple FREE to play MMORPG. What's so difucult about building a supercomputer to make that?b:angry

fixed
    although there be human computers which can barely reach about 1/2 the potential of our computers which be sufficient enough to recreate realistic hair movement.
    but those be rare and not released to the general public.
    b:surrender

also why tideborns should keep their wings and not ride sea monsters.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    fixed
    although there be human computers which can barely reach about 1/2 the potential of our computers which be sufficient enough to recreate realistic hair movement.
    but those be rare and not released to the general public.
    b:surrender

b:chuckle

Well, most of the players here are just simple humans b:chuckle
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Blinking after death:
    You're seriusly right? You actually get offended cause you still blink after you die?
    Ofcourse, it's far more realistic if you only restart blinking after you ressurect. O wait, is ressurection that realistic?

Come on, give him a break, after all, he is only asking for some REALISM as his character was killed by some pile of rocks that happens to be alive while he was riding on a gigantic Koi Fish out of the water.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Sirrobert, if you don't have anything nice to say or like "taking the ****" don't bother posting. This is a suggestion, agree or disagree as required DO NOT reply in the manner like you have.
    Clanbase:
    Worthless, what's the freaking use of a room to do nothing in when you're playing a game? you have msn or some internet chatroom for that

Fair enough, if you disagree, you disagree.
    Blinking after death:

Who said I was OFFENDED, where did i use that word? Like I said above if you disagree disagree DO NOT **** take my idea/threads. Am I saying, resurrection is realistic? This is a fantasy game, death is REALISTIC just as running, walking and sitting. Oh wait, you want to turn into a giant blue smuff when you run, or blow up when you die? When you die, you die pretty realistically actually. Last time I checked you don't blink when your dead.
    Straw hare:
    Eehm. Isn't it so that even today's fastest supercomputer isn't able to recreate realistic hair movement?

Actually, it's rather simple animation don't know what the hell your on about mate. I've seen games as old as 10 years have this feature and NO it does NOT take up a huge amount of RAM nor does it require a "super computer" it all depends on how this is done. FYI: best performance is here for a reason also.

Teleport costs:
    It's a freaking coin sink nuub. Ofcourse, every wants a coinsink, but not one that people actually use, cause I'm not ganna sink my own coins into the sink aswel. Only other people should do that.

Like I said above, if you don't have anything good to say don't fill my thread with **** please. I am not a "nuub". Coinsink is one way of putting it, another way is "oh-no-I have-no-gold-to-help-my-friend-who-happens-to-be-30mins-away"

Eeehm, I think I have the highlights here

Don't bother replying, the purpose of this thread is your view, not to **** take my views or say how it "will never happen".
    Come on, give him a break, after all, he is only asking for some REALISM as his character was killed by some pile of rocks that happens to be alive while he was riding on a gigantic Koi Fish out of the water.

Hahah! No. Please don't filly my thread with your stupid jokes, agree or disagree as required. I'm really not in the mood for these randem attacks. Do you know my age? No, so how can you call me a 'kid'

No further replys unless relevant to the topic please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hahah! No. Please don't filly my thread with your stupid jokes, agree or disagree as required. I'm really not in the mood for these randem attacks. Do you know my age? No, so how can you call me a 'kid'

No further replys unless relevant to the topic please.

Well, I really do not care how old you are, and I never called you a kid.
    I equaly do not care what day of the month is or what type of mood you are in.

If you chose to use invalid arguments to support your reasoning, than you cannot complain when people point it out.

Eyes can blink after death.
    http://tafkac.org/medical/decapitated_head_blinking.html
    http://tafkac.org/medical/decapitated_head_blinking_more.html
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    *to lazy to quote specific things*

Actually, the teleport costs thingy is, in your words, the only thing where I actually say something instead of 'take a ****' (sorry, next time I'll try to make it to the bathroom instead of in your thread)

It's a coinsink. Verry simple. The only reason gold doesn't cost 1mil coins right now, is because we have a coinsink. I'll do the same as I did in said thread, look as post war germany. They didn't have a coinsink, but they did have lots of moneys flooding into the system. Ever heard of WWII genius? The inflation caused by WWI (or more directly, by printing money without a coin sink) is one of the reasons Hitler came to power.

Now obviusly, it's not going to be that dramatic here. We won't have a wraith gain power and try to distroy w/e, but we will have massive inflation without a coin sink. Gold is just 1 of the things that will be affected
  • daphkate
    daphkate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If there's this many things you want to change, play something else. =D If your going request ridiculous ideas that other games have, then go play a different one.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well, I really do not care how old you are, and I never called you a kid.
    I equaly do not care what day of the month is or what type of mood you are in.

If you chose to use invalid arguments to support your reasoning, than you cannot complain when people point it out.

OK, then let me put it like this: Please don't put your stupid jokes on my threads. To be that attacking me randomly for no reason, for what?
    daphkate wrote: »
    If there's this many things you want to change, play something else. =D If your going request ridiculous ideas that other games have, then go play a different one.

I actually would like to see these things in game, I don't really care if they are not implanted or not. Other games have these features? So what.

Actually, the teleport costs thingy is, in your words, the only thing where I actually say something instead of 'take a ****' (sorry, next time I'll try to make it to the bathroom instead of in your thread)

It's a coinsink. Verry simple. The only reason gold doesn't cost 1mil coins right now, is because we have a coinsink. I'll do the same as I did in said thread, look as post war germany. They didn't have a coinsink, but they did have lots of moneys flooding into the system. Ever heard of WWII genius? The inflation caused by WWI (or more directly, by printing money without a coin sink) is one of the reasons Hitler came to power.

Now obviusly, it's not going to be that dramatic here. We won't have a wraith gain power and try to distroy w/e, but we will have massive inflation without a coin sink. Gold is just 1 of the things that will be affected
    Coinsink is one way of putting it

Regarding your "coinsink" comment, why are you repeating yourself when I obviously haven't disagreed with you about this. It's actually quite cheap to tele across the map, but having to move around the map 24/7 is where you lose the money. So actually reducing the tele costs wouldn't really effect the coinsink, if anything it would help it. Think of it like this: Lower costs, more teleing = More money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

edited January 2010
    Options
    I really don't understand why people can't just leave positive comments saying "I agree because...", "I disagree because..." instead of litterially insulating the poster for his/her views on the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    rubberbanding is annoying esp when youre pking <_<
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Mochii - Heavens Tear
    Mochii - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I didn't really find anything in your suggestions to warrant mockery. There are some I agree more than others. For example, I am all FOR taking out the one hour wait on the Mailbox. I don't even notice the blinking so it doesn't affect me. And so forth.

Anyway, I find the list quirky and observant.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    OK, then let me put it like this: Please don't put your stupid jokes on my threads. To be that attacking me randomly for no reason, for what?

So.... your feeling got hurt when someone uses humour to point errors on your arguments... than you proceed TO ASSAULT AND INSULT THEM? Double standards much? Please do not insult other posters. I never insulted you, so keep it civilized.

Eyes can blink after death, since everything in this game is a bit exagerated (like how high one person can jump), just assume that instead of the dozen of so seconds that IRL eyes are able to blink after death it also got extended to be much longer.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    trogers2 wrote: »
    -Removing blinking on death.
    It's unrealistic and stupid, I get a good laugh out of it watching yourself die but continue to blink while lying there.
    not much of an issue and its pretty much possible even in real life that a corpse retains some of its sensory or muscular functions even

-Remove straw hair
    I don't like the fact your hair is like wood, it doesn't move to wind or pressure i.e. Running, been carried etc... It stays in one place, this should be changed or at least looked into.
    Again not much of an issue since it would be applicable only to long hair, especially for female characters. However given the costs involved in changing it at this point would make it unwise to implement since obviously there would be monetary gain for it. People will join even if this is not there

-Plastic Band
    We've all had it, jump off a cliff and be pulled back up onto the cliff, same when landing strangely enough you are thrown back into the air this can happen upto 10 times in a row and can cause deaths. Fix it.
    Agreed on this

-Increase to Meditation rate
    I'd like to see it risen to 30%, 35% would be nice. 25% just seems too low to me.
    Disagree. The small rise you ask wouldnt make much of a difference and frankly at higher levels nobody would bother meditating unless their AFK/BRB. Hence increasing this wouldnt really help.

-Remove 1 hour limit on Mail
    Annoying, pointless and a waste of time. It should be removed.
    While it would be nice to have no delays in receiving the mails (like how we do in AH), it would be straying away from the realism you're so fond of when it comes to other things. It does take considerable time for a particular mail to reach the recipient. However there could be 3 options for sending mails (15 minutes @ 2000 coins, 30 mins @ 1000 coins and 1 hr @ 500 coins).

-Send more than one item in mail via 1 mail
    It would save time, increase of price per item would seem necessary if this was to be looked into.
    Agreed

-Warn us when you force game into window
    This apply s to clicking on "Radio" and "Buy gold" for some this can cause game crashes which can cause death. A pop up box warning us is necessary.
    Although a popup window confirming it would be nice but its not so much of a hassle after you've tried it once.

-Built in radio
    Following on from my above point, it would be nice to have the radio play on the game instead of a browser. It would also be nice to have voice chat in the game, it's a thought.
    Agreed. It would be a nice addition I guess

-Clan Base
    Would be nice to have a "clan hall" a, go to an NPC, click clan hall, Get teled to some place, and there you go. Would also be an idea to have NPCs for, donation, item donation, clan quests and maybe clan rep.
    Agreed, but i doubt it will be implemented anytime soon or ever.

-Reduction in Teles
    Please go to: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6494211&posted=1#post6494211
    Being consistent with my replies in said thread, I disagree. This would defeat the purpose of having faster CS flying mounts/wings implemented.

-Hyperlink to items
    Link items to text, displays the info about the hyperlinked item upon hovering over it (this is also used in Bounty Bay: Online MMO)
    Please goto: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=601681I really dont know what youre getting at here.

-Barb true forms
    Should reflect the animal you are, wolf - wolf, tiger - tiger, panda - Panda.
    Disagree. The skill specifically says that you turn into a tiger irrespective of the type of barb you chose to make. Besides its a lot of effort to modify so many items that has a relation to the untamed's trueform. Of course if i were one of the devs and noticed the amount of wining, I would simply remove the wolf and panda barbs and probably give them more customizations like the other races :P. There you go, tiger barb -> tiger form and u get customizations. A tiger with goldie locks hair style and pink shining feather's set perfectly fits in.

-Tidespawn should have flying sea mounts
    Wings? LAAAAAAAZZZZZZY! PW need to work on this, it not only DOES NOT suit this class but also reflects how much effort PW actually are putting into these things, little. Why make something good when it costs money? A simple 3D model of a rigged cleric wing should do.
    This has been suggested many times, which makes me question the use of this thread, or the point of it. Please goto: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=597001
    Disagree. Tide"borns" using flying water creatures is too scary to imagine b:shocked. The present energy based wings seem fitting. Or would u prefer ducks? Flying sharks would be too odd. The only oddity is the human's flying swords or gourd but I guess they couldnt give them aircrafts

Added a poll, although I don't really think the poll is worth it (all of these things should be looked into) It will be interesting to see your views, on the most impotent issue.
    -

I think i've covered most of the points. While I agree with a few of them, the game seems just fine without all these "minor or cosmetic" fixes. That being said, I rather have them fix evasion before all these. When mobs against which u have a 50% evasion chance hits you 90% of the time, its rather scary.