How do you determine if mob is aggresive type?

Options
Bacchanauzi - Dreamweaver
Bacchanauzi - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Yah, mob from the old school . Mobile Object .. AKA critters you swat with
sword.

My question is thus. I"m out with a now level 9 archer. So far no MOBS
are aggro until I swat them.
Except for one I just ran into the other day. Something called a "Snaggletooth Kitten'.

They will attack if I venture too close.

What concerns me is there appears to be no way, via the interface' to
determine if a mob is 'aggro' aka aggressive. When I select the peaceful mobs
and this 'Snaggletooth' the health bar for both looks the same to me. I see
no indicator the critter is a 'hostile or whatever' that one usually finds
in most any other game of this type.

So, what is the method to determine this if any?
As I progress in the game will all mobs become aggressive attack on sight
so the problem goes away by default?
As it is, it is very confusing as at my level so far virtually nothing other than
this silly cat is aggro.

YEs, I did try to search this forum but came up empty.
Post edited by Bacchanauzi - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I am afraid that in the low levels (prior lv30) you just have to learn what mobs will aggro.
    But dont worry, later on everything will want to kill you, no exception b:chuckle
    b:dirty
  • Bacchanauzi - Dreamweaver
    Bacchanauzi - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    K, thanks for the reply.

I just discovered something . There are level 51 mobs right next
    to an area where level 4 mobs are. WTF.

I decided to run near it to see what would happen.
    It attacked but I had to get pretty close.

One shot killed me.

I guess I'm confused by this game due to all the other games I've played
    before. Having a hard time learning the ropes.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There are few areas where when you go you suddenly find your self with mobs much higher then you would normally expect. It is weird at first (specially if you have other MMO experience).
  • Deviling - Harshlands
    Deviling - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ever since the maintanance, the mobs which did not previously aggro have started to aggro on me.
    Midnight jacka...smething which were not aggresive and those venomous ghouls and those rebirth blobs have become aggro ! Anyone else can confirm this ?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They were always aggressive. Well back when i was on that level range (a year ago). But since the new expansion suddenly they were not aggressive so if they are now. It would mean, things are getting back as they were....
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ever since the maintanance, the mobs which did not previously aggro have started to aggro on me.
    Midnight jacka...smething which were not aggresive and those venomous ghouls and those rebirth blobs have become aggro ! Anyone else can confirm this ?

Venomous Ghouls have always been aggressive. That I know, as I spent many a travel being poisoned by those suckers. That's all I can say though as I've not done too much with the game since the expansion and havn't even logged on since the maint.
    They were always aggressive. Well back when i was on that level range (a year ago). But since the new expansion suddenly they were not aggressive so if they are now. It would mean, things are getting back as they were....

Or this. Like I said, I havn't really played, let alone in that area. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yea, only way to find out is to simply stand on top of them.

And just about all mobs 30+ are aggresive, some from long range, others only if you walk right past them.

And yes, there are some areas where the low lvl mobs sudenly turn into high lvl mobs. THis is somply because the starter towns are on edges of the map, while the mid lvl place is in the center. Later the high lvl areas will be on varios edges of the map, even further way from the center than the starter tows.
    If you had used the road btw, you would have ended up at a group of guards and a weird looking guard house, with the guards telling you it's dangerous to pass
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I am afraid that in the low levels (prior lv30) you just have to learn what mobs will aggro.
    But dont worry, later on everything will want to kill you, no exception b:chuckle

rofl XD

but yeh she's right :P everything will see you as some tasty snack ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Some of the monsters around Archosaur became nonagresive when tideborns came out. If they attack now then, i guess, they finally fixed that.
    To see who is agresive go near them and check. If you have wings then fly near them, easier to run away.
  • Rheic - Dreamweaver
    Rheic - Dreamweaver Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think your level also affects that. I've found out that some mobs won't aggro anymore whereas 4-5 levels back they did.

This doesn't apply to all mobs, however. Trial and error, I guess.
    Who needs a sig anyways?