Shards

Options
Kebo - Harshlands
Kebo - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Wizard
I have a question. In my lower lvl, i think low lvls are before 60-70, what shards i need to put in my eq. psyh. def or citrines? And what to put after lvl 60-70? I think it will be hard to get +4 on my gear before lvl 80 or so.
Post edited by Kebo - Harshlands on

Comments

• Aquagirl - Raging Tide
    Aquagirl - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    always use HP shards, you already have some pdef from HA and a buff to increase it. Next thing u need to increase is HP
  • Sindygoboom - Sanctuary
    Sindygoboom - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    HA? Heavy armor? Posting from a BM, but since this is in the wizzy forum I'm going to assume you are an arcane wizard.

Personally, before 60, I simply didn't shard. Even in my 60s I didn't do much and am just now starting to refine/shard gear that I know will last me for 10+ levels (ie. a much longer time).

If you feel you MUST shard pre-60, I'd be inclined to suggest pdef shards. The pdef will help with those pesky quests where you kill archers and a few dozen pdef points goes a longer way now than it will later on. You'll want to revisit that decision later on.

Or, get a nice pdef ornament and +2 it. I haven't priced such a thing, but it may be worth it. Then just shard w/e.

Of course, if you are light armor, go citrine.

If you are a BM, go to that section =)
  • Kebo - Harshlands
    Kebo - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Tnx, i was asking for my wizzy alt. b:laugh
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yea, phys def shards are best for wizzys, atleast low lvl wizzys. This is because earth shield will amplify the shards' effect

And well, that last shot from that archer mob can be a real pain when you don't have any phys def b:chuckle
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yea, phys def shards are best for wizzys, atleast low lvl wizzys. This is because earth shield will amplify the shards' effect

And well, that last shot from that archer mob can be a real pain when you don't have any phys def b:chuckle

so true....b:surrender

but yeh pdef shards are the best until u get a extremelly high pdef wiht end game gear then getting more pdef start beeing useless and u should move to hp shards, but i think u are not in endgame gear huh b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]