Window mode causes game crash (recent)

ExELFine - Heavens Tear
ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Support Desk
It happened to me twice, last night and tonight. As I placed the game in window mode, the game just crashes and is turned off.

Any suggestion?

b:bored
[SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Crafting:
Tailor: lev 7
Blacksmith: lev 6
Craftsman: lev 6
Apothicary: lev 5
SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
Post edited by ExELFine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aghamyr - Sanctuary
    Aghamyr - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well GM will probably said that you post in wrong section, go to technical support thread ^^
    They probably will ask you a DXdiag and maybe a hijack log, well.. that's what they said to me last time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This happens to me a lot. If I resize my window by mistake (usually by clicking the side of it when i'm clicking a menu, a mob, chat ect..) there's like a 50/50 chance it will just crash on me, same if I'm going from window mode -> full screen or back again, or if I minimize/alt+tab it from full screen. However, this is a tech support thread is it not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have the exact same problem. I have resorted to using XFire's in game browser to pull up information =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    change resolution and type settings in the launcher. there ya go, all set

Hmmm... well, I haven't changed anything recently and never had that problem before.

But I did get another un-related problem tho when I installed vent a few weeks ago: while vent was on, my game screen went sideways and I couldn't play nor chat unless, I guess, I would have placed the monitor on its side, hehe.

I uninstalled vent and everything was fine afterwards.

Wrong section? Oops, maybe I should erase it?

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Spoons might appreciate that, so he not have to. maybe even a kiss from spoons XD b:laugh
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hmmm... well, I haven't changed anything recently and never had that problem before.

But I did get another un-related problem tho when I installed vent a few weeks ago: while vent was on, my game screen went sideways and I couldn't play nor chat unless, I guess, I would have placed the monitor on its side, hehe.

I uninstalled vent and everything was fine afterwards.

Many people have the shortcut clrl+alt + arrowkey which flips their monitor 90, 180 or 270 degrees depending on which arrow key is pressed. ((I did this at school a lot, people would leave to use the bathroom and I`d flip their resolution upside down. The look on their face when they got back was priceless b:chuckle ))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    well from what i understand, you went thru the ingame settings menu and used the drop-box to select "Windowed" instead of "Fullscreen", right?

Indeed, that's how I always did it... how else can you do it? Press Start --> minimize?

b:surprised <--*scratches head*

EDIT: ok tks all for comments and suggestions, I will just delete this

Re-EDIT: sorry, cannot erase thread *sigh/
    Crafting:
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This happens to me a lot. If I resize my window by mistake (usually by clicking the side of it when i'm clicking a menu, a mob, chat ect..) there's like a 50/50 chance it will just crash on me, same if I'm going from window mode -> full screen or back again, or if I minimize/alt+tab it from full screen. However, this is a tech support thread is it not?

i have this problem as well
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Due to the influx of misplaced threads, all threads will be moved to their correct section or locked. We appreciate your understanding b:victory
This discussion has been closed.