Is Multiclienting on 2 Different servers allowed?

Options
mekkan90
mekkan90 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
i was wondering, and wanted to ask before i do something like that, is it bannable to multiclient on 2 different servers? and plz dont say or no if your 100% sure:P
Post edited by mekkan90 on

Comments

• Zakol - Dreamweaver
    Zakol - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    read the ToS lol.. U'll fine ur answer in there
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." b:cool
  • mekkan90
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok thnx alot :)
  • mekkan90
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1 question lol.. whats ToS?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    mekkan90 wrote: »
    i was wondering, and wanted to ask before i do something like that, is it bannable to multiclient on 2 different servers? and plz dont say or no if your 100% sure:P

Running two clients on one computer, regardless of how many different servers your playing on, is not allowed. Period.

If you have two computers and two accounts, you can run both accounts at the same time, one on each computer. That is the only way playing two accounts at the same time is allowed.

~Saitada
  • Zakol - Dreamweaver
    Zakol - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ToS stand for Term of Service lol or the rules to put it simple lol
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." b:cool
  • mekkan90
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok thank you guys :) but is it possible to play in the same account but in 2 different servers at the same time if u use 2 computers?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok thank you guys :) but is it possible to play in the same account but in 2 different servers at the same time if u use 2 computers?

No.

~Saitada
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

yes saitada is WRONG
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No.

~Saitada
    Yes, it can be done. The servers are independent of each other and they will allow you to log-in using the same account, on two different computers, at the same time.

However, I admit I've never even thought to check the ToS. I assumed it was by working this way by design.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes, it can be done. The servers are independent of each other and they will allow you to log-in using the same account, on two different computers, at the same time.

However, I admit I've never even thought to check the ToS. I assumed it was by working this way by design.

ORLY? I didn't know that. Hmm in that case I think we need a confirmation from a GM on whether that is allowed or not. If it is.... I know I am gonna have fun lol. If not.. best to know now before we get in trouble.
    yes saitada is WRONG

Heh, Ya can learn something new everyday :-). It's good to know this can be done, now we need to know if it is allowed.

~Saitada

*edit* I will admit I just assumed that the login server prevented this from being allowed so never bothered to try it out.
  • Miharu - Raging Tide
    Miharu - Raging Tide Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

And if you've read the ToS, you would know that not reading the ToS is against the Tos so you are now seceptiable to ToS related BAN. b:chuckle

JK. But to the OP, i doubt the mods would like you on your account in two different servers.
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ORLY? I didn't know that. Hmm in that case I think we need a confirmation from a GM on whether that is allowed or not. If it is.... I know I am gonna have fun lol. If not.. best to know now before we get in trouble.

Heh, Ya can learn something new everyday :-). It's good to know this can be done, now we need to know if it is allowed.

~Saitada

As long as you use 2 computers shouldnt be an issue. There is no way to log onto 2 characters on same account on same server and there is no way you can gain any kind of advantage by logging into multiple servers on the same account and it doesnt require changing any files or using a **** program in any way to do it.
  • mekkan90
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lets get a confirmation about 2 cpus using same account in 2 different servers:P
  • Reevoive - Lost City
    Reevoive - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Multiclienting is not allowed, however multiboxing is. Now my follow up question to yours would be, in terms of multiboxing.... does using VMware count as multibox or multiclient because technically it''s running another instance of a given operating system.

Also... why would you play 2 different servers?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lets get a confirmation about 2 cpus using same account in 2 different servers:P

that still be ONE physical computer running 2 clients....you will get ban hamstered if you do that.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    that still be ONE physical computer running 2 clients....you will get ban hamstered if you do that.

Huh... if he's using 2 computers, it's 2 computers.

HOWEVER. My guesses in multi-tastking on PW...

- 1 computer, 2 accounts: bannable.
    - 2 computers, 1 account: bannable.
    - 2 computers, 2 accounts: not bannable.

Mostly because having several players on two different computers with their own accounts isn't, as there are RL couples who play this together. So what if it's one person instead of 2 playing on different computers AND accounts? It's twice the job, lemme tell ya that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

By 2 cpus he means 2 computers
    ...I think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • radesk19
    radesk19 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I've read the Terms of Service... it says that nobody besied PWI is the owner of account, and they can ban you without a reason, but there's nothing about multi-clienting there o-o'

maybe I'll read again just to double check...
  • Alizeee - Heavens Tear
    Alizeee - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well tos says multi-clienting is not allowed and is bannable. As if there is some mechanism that would detect or know this, regardless of what one says, is very unlikely. Do not violate tos. Your account is 1 account- why think you can log in to that account when it is already logged in?

ok...thread closed. b:chuckle pleeeeeeaaseeee close this thread. b:chuckle
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Huh... if he's using 2 computers, it's 2 computers.

HOWEVER. My guesses in multi-tastking on PW...

- 1 computer, 2 accounts: bannable.
    - 2 computers, 1 account: bannable.
    - 2 computers, 2 accounts: not bannable.

Mostly because having several players on two different computers with their own accounts isn't, as there are RL couples who play this together. So what if it's one person instead of 2 playing on different computers AND accounts? It's twice the job, lemme tell ya that...

some of your guesses be wrong.
    (>.<)
    one can has as many accounts as they wish. (but having too many like 50 be a bit suspicious.)
    2 computers and 1 account be okie...unless you be trying to log on the same account at the same time using two computers.
    2 computers and 2 accounts with 1 each be fine.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ulquira - Lost City
    Ulquira - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I actually found this thread interesting, as im also unsure of what the rules are. I know that two PWI on one computer is bannable. . . What about PWI and a private server? lol b:chuckle
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I actually found this thread interesting, as im also unsure of what the rules are. I know that two PWI on one computer is bannable. . . What about PWI and a private server? lol b:chuckle

in me personal experience (with other games) me would recommend not having a private server version of a game at the same time you has the official version.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hendrickson - Sanctuary
    Hendrickson - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ok, is it just me or someone found the ToS?

I've searched just to be 100% sure and all I've found was this

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=72282&highlight=terms+service

and a broken link inside, I've tried to find GM Spoonsomething thread about multi-clienting (last thread had the ToS link) and no luck again.

I do not have the best memory of all but, as far as I remember, the ToS had something like:

You agree to have only one account bla bla bla bla

AGAIN my memory is not the best so I could've confused with other game terms or something like that, but I'm almost sure about that.

So, again as far as I remember you can not have two pwi accounts, but there's nothing saying about in game (the tos make clear that you can't use ****, third party programs or change client files). I know that gms make it really clear that you CAN NOT use multi-acc, so you should do as the gms says if you have doubt or pm one to make it clear.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    srsly?
    you guys can't find a simple ToS?
    (>.<)'
    here be the tos if you couldn't find it.
    b:sweat

also here be where it states multiclienting be not allowed
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ulquira - Lost City
    Ulquira - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "Q3: Is multi-clienting allowed?

Multi-clienting on a single machine is not allowed. This stance is non-negotiable. Sorry."

Doesnt really tell us much does it o.O

Searching the ToS for 'multi-client' gave me nothing? lol
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "Q3: Is multi-clienting allowed?

Multi-clienting on a single machine is not allowed. This stance is non-negotiable. Sorry."

Doesnt really tell us much does it o.O

Searching the ToS for 'multi-client' gave me nothing? lol

Eatwithspoons has said it many times. This isn't a player opinion on multiclienting, it is a GM statement. They (the GM's) have stated that running more than one client per machine is not allowed but running 2 machines each running their own account is fine. I don't believe the question has come up before on whether it is ok to run the same account on two different machines and two different servers. I 'assume' that it isn't allowed, but don't quote me on that as I am not a GM.

~S
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    Coshten - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't see why one account on two computers with the characters on different servers would be a problem. Its not like it would make it any easier on a person.

From what I was told tho, in a simplified version, you cannot run more than one client off of the same ip address... so it you ran one account on two different computers then each computer would puts off its own ip just like as if you were running two accounts so I do not see the problem. Would a GM or admin comment on the conversation to give us a final ruling??? I think we are all kinda curious...
  • Hendrickson - Sanctuary
    Hendrickson - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    srsly?
    you guys can't find a simple ToS?
    (>.<)'
    here be the tos if you couldn't find it.
    b:sweat

also here be where it states multiclienting be not allowed

yep, it is hard, just as hard as write "I" instead "me",

'-' I do know that the gms and the faq states that multi is not allowed, what I said it was that the ToS do not talk about virtual machines (since it's not working as third party), windows users account (example => you have one pc, and you + your brother play pw, you let your WINDOWS acc with pw on in afk shopping and hit windows+L, your brother get the pc and have no idea that you're playing pw, he open the game and everything is normal).

What I wanted to say is, anyone play with the ToS, the ToS do not make clear those parts, but, the Gms make clear that is not allowed anything above. But in the sameway,"PWE MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, BLOCK ACCESS TO OR DELETE THE SERVICE OR ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE." from the ToS.

Edit: hehe I've found the ToS, it is in the bottom of the pwi site, it's reaaaaally smal, I think that something THAT important (it's the ingame/inforum rules) should be in the top or something x_X
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Multiclienting is not allowed, it doesn't matter how you slice that statement.b:chuckle

Multiclienting means that you have more than one game client running on a single physical computer. In regards to your question about playing with 2 computers on the same account and different servers, please send a ticket if you have further questions.
This discussion has been closed.