Question about fist bm

Gentleman_ - Lost City
Gentleman_ - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Blademaster
Hi all. I have decited to go fist bm. But still have a question. Its better to do 5rtr 4dex 1vit and thęn shard armors with amber to make huge dodge rate or 5str and 5dex and shard with citrine? Or 6str 4dex then citrines? If it helps i woųld go more pwe. Tut pvp still needed.
Post edited by Gentleman_ - Lost City on

Comments

• maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dodge rate won't save you from your extremely low HP. Go with citirines.
  • Gentleman_ - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    yea i realize that. but still. do 6str and 4dex or 5 to5?
  • maocchi
    edited January 2010
    It's really up to you. I'm going to assume you don't plan on using axes here.

Personally I prefer more str to dex for faster kill since 1 dex doesn't really save your hide. There are usually really nice and cheap equipments that give you nice addition of str/dex in AH so you can balance out your stats the way you like whichever way you decide to go.
  • Gentleman_ - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    hmm. 40 str some dmg and 40dex 2% crit. well i know how ill do now. :) ty vm
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    umm citrines hands down and get just enough dex to wear ur lvl fists, BMs rely on raw damage output and not on crits, remember we aint archers or sins :p

Ill give you a hint: at my lvl with sparked fists i do 3-4k damage a pop in pve. Combined with wind shield from ur genie = boos raep and possily death for you for stealing aggro <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oscar_Mord - Lost City
    Oscar_Mord - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i am going all 3paths pole/sword and fist axes not wanted untill i master all these 3 paths also same stats 5str 4dex 1vit all the way 2 100 ill need vit to not we a 1 hit in pvp even with all gems on we still want more HP.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    i am going all 3paths pole/sword and fist axes not wanted untill i master all these 3 paths also same stats 5str 4dex 1vit all the way 2 100 ill need vit to not we a 1 hit in pvp even with all gems on we still want more HP.

what the hell man? you cant ignore axes! do axes BEFORE sword always, i mean you cant aoe grind with sword lol ^___^.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear
    Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what the hell man? you cant ignore axes! do axes BEFORE sword always, i mean you cant aoe grind with sword lol ^___^.

But you can, however, AoE grind with poles ~.~
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    But you can, however, AoE grind with poles ~.~

not effectivly O.o onlu one 360 aoe, other u have to line up >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    not effectivly O.o onlu one 360 aoe, other u have to line up >.>

I never said effectively, I just said you can o.o; but the lining up isnt such a big prob ~.~ + you gotta <3 the knockback ^.~
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I never said effectively, I just said you can o.o; but the lining up isnt such a big prob ~.~ + you gotta <3 the knockback ^.~

I hate the knock back!! >:O wats its use when as a bm ur always trying to get in melee range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    I hate the knock back!! >:O wats its use when as a bm ur always trying to get in melee range.

shush T-T Knockback is pro ~.~, Before genies came in I used to RotP+Meteor rush ~.~ It made AoE grinding a viable option o.o (<- very low vit BM ~.~)
  • maocchi
    edited January 2010

Ever done RB? Mastering art of knockback makes a truly epic BM.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    maocchi wrote: »
    Ever done RB? Mastering art of knockback makes a truly epic BM.

thats only ONE use
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    Zyfou - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Reminds me of when I first started, "Go Axes or GTFO."

I thought we've grown past this already?
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    i didnt say go axes only, i said go axes before swords, because axes are NEEDED by a bm, well a good one et leat, to grind and to perform in a squad better. You can use what ever the heck you want, bu i love my bow/pole/fist/axe/sword combination :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    i didnt say go axes only, i said go axes before swords, because axes are NEEDED by a bm, well a good one et leat, to grind and to perform in a squad better. You can use what ever the heck you want, bu i love my bow/pole/fist/axe/sword combination :D

You're right, instead of debuffing and skill canceling Cenequus Polearm I should be AoE bombing it.

.........../sarcasm

On topic: Fist skill Shadowless Kick makes a Barb's job much easier. =D
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You're right, instead of debuffing and skill canceling Cenequus Polearm I should be AoE bombing it.

.........../sarcasm

In terms of overall PvE usefulness Axe is still more useful than Swords.
    FF? Axe.
    RB? Axe.
    Someone accidentally aggros a whole group of mobs? Axe.
    AoE Grinding? Axe.

In a squad there are only 3 main roles, you either tank, DD, or you support. Swords aren't the best weapon for tanking, Swords aren't the best weapon for DD, so I guess that you're arguing that swords are better than axes for squad support?

The only unique strength that swords have in PvE is that Myriad has a debuff, however Myriad is only useful on about 1% of bosses. I'm a bm and I can tank polearm with 1 cleric without needing a sword bm to constantly spam myriad. For the other 99% of bosses Heaven's Flame is far more useful to the squad.
  • Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    In terms of overall PvE usefulness Axe is still more useful than Swords.
    FF? Axe.
    RB? Axe.
    Someone accidentally aggros a whole group of mobs? Axe.
    AoE Grinding? Axe.

In a squad there are only 3 main roles, you either tank, DD, or you support. Swords aren't the best weapon for tanking, Swords aren't the best weapon for DD, so I guess that you're arguing that swords are better than axes for squad support?

The only unique strength that swords have in PvE is that Myriad has a debuff, however Myriad is only useful on about 1% of bosses. I'm a bm and I can tank polearm with 1 cleric without needing a sword bm to constantly spam myriad. For the other 99% of bosses Heaven's Flame is far more useful to the squad.

You're right, RB and FF you need axes to adhere to the dynamics of higher tier squad requirements. You pretty much have to be an Axe BM.

And I agree that a lot of times, given the right squad situation, you don't need to take such precautionary measures, and just DD with calamities until you get full chi, pop HF, rinse and repeat.

Honestly, I don't know how to explain the things I do. You just have to party me and watch =/.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

.........../sarcasm

Apparently u missed the "bow/pole/fist/axe/sword combination" part, but wtv, some people have selective reading syndrome,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Death_Tide - Heavens Tear
    Death_Tide - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Rejoice all Blademasters, especially the Fist/Claw users, for your chi per hit went from 4 to 5!

Which means you get to make sparks 20% quicker!

High Interval + Deicide Claws + Triple Spark faster anyone?
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Rejoice all Blademasters, especially the Fist/Claw users, for your chi per hit went from 4 to 5!

We can permaspark at 4atk/sec now b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010

b:sadb:sadb:sad so....beautiful
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    We can permaspark at 4atk/sec now b:dirty

5 chi per hit is the number that was used to calculate permaspark being at 5 atk/sec. (5 * 12 secs * 5 = 300 chi). The 4 we had before was interspersed with 8s as well, it averaged out in the end to roughly 5 chi per hit. So no real change, just a visual reflection of what we already had.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    5 chi per hit is the number that was used to calculate permaspark being at 5 atk/sec. (5 * 12 secs * 5 = 300 chi). The 4 we had before was interspersed with 8s as well, it averaged out in the end to roughly 5 chi per hit. So no real change, just a visual reflection of what we already had.

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Furet_Fulle - Heavens Tear
    Furet_Fulle - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    @ OP, I'm going 5 str, 4 dex, 1 vit, and use fist primarily, then pole. I'll only lvl skills for these two weapons unitil later in the game, eventually bringing the axe skills up. I should be able to use the axes 1 lvl below my current weapons.
    Always put any "extra" points into Vit to make you more survivable in case you must tank for any period of time.
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I thought it was 15 sec b:surrender Or is the 3 sec invuln part of the 15 sec and therefore cuts the attacking time down to 12?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot