Take off safety lock (SL)

Options
SysGen - Harshlands
SysGen - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
It would not only increase the sales of one of your cash shop items, but also make this game fun again.

Or at least open up a server with no SL available, since all red names wannabees, who can currently rpk safely behind their SL. would cry and spam you with tickets that it's unfair haha.

Now you might say that they still have a chance to drop with SL on. Drop what? Mirages? Stones? Rofl, please..

If you really want to rpk, have your 200 hours and a bloody red name, then you also should be able to back it up without SL.

If you want to use SL, go join a PvE server, there are three now and only two PvP, time to equal up with a non-SL one - where PvP will be fun again. :)

Updated:

Suggestion: Add (disabling) "Usage of spells" to the Basic SL function instead of taking it off.

Can any GM/Mod change thread title to: Add (disabling) "Usage of spells" to the Basic SL function. Thx
Post edited by SysGen - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That sounds a bit like a bad idea. Not everyone has the money for gear, and besides, SL has it's downside. As long as it's on, you can't really do anything associated with items (buy pots, trade, go to AH, get things from mail, etc.) I think that's already punishment enough.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree, SL should be removed, but so do guardian scrolls. its not fair that some people can PK whereas others cant because of fear of losing their stuff. in a way, PWI is kinda forcing people to pay, otherwise they end having only half of the product.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    PWI is kinda forcing people to pay, otherwise they end having only half of the product.

Welcome to F2P mmorpgs.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree, SL should be removed, but so do guardian scrolls. its not fair that some people can PK whereas others cant because of fear of losing their stuff. in a way, PWI is kinda forcing people to pay, otherwise they end having only half of the product.

it be called safety lock.....it be so poor hamsters like me can still fight and fight back.
    -.-'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    With the gear-shatter system, SL has an increased chance of shattering, those mirages and stuff they drop are for the ppl who pked them, so the person who killed the pker has a chance of getting a reward! Repairing shattered gear is not cheap. Also, while you have safety lock on, basically all you can do is kill ppl or mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It would not only increase the sales of one of your cash shop items, but also make this game fun again.

"PWI Overlord: woot, now we can make money 1-2 minutes faster!!!"

lol fail
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    that why they introduced shattering equipement safety lock doesnt protect you from it
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • LordChronis - Dreamweaver
    LordChronis - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They better not touch my free pk tool b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a pure mind, happiness will follow you, as a shadow clings to a form.
  • SysGen - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Shattering lol, please.. You really want to tell me dropping mirages/stones instead of equip or losing a guardian scrool hurts anyone?? On the other side, mirages/stones as reward for the red name killer instead of the equip, like it was before SL, is a big reward?? You compare apples with pears here..

Like LordChronis said, SL is a free pk tool. Period. What makes me wonder even more, PWE brings out anny packs to increase income but perfectly shot themselves in the knee pretty much by disabling a long period income source like the guardian scrolls due to SL?!

PWE, bring out a SL free pvp server and compare your sales on them. I'm pretty sure u'll notice a "small" difference..
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Last I remember it, it wasn't getting the drops that made PKing fun, but wasn't it the fighting against another player for pure sport?
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I vote against such removel b:victory

It would only cause more people to leave pvp servers for fear of item loss.

Besides, having SL enabled literally stops you from doing anything other than killing mobs/players.

I'd rather have it removed when the player is not in PK mode since its pretty much meaningless in that case.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Let us not forget the Safety Lock original function is to protect your stuff from beign robbed in case someone gets into your account by preventing sell/drop/trade them. PKers beign favored by this feature is a minor exploit they try to "balance" by introducing the shattering system.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SysGen - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Let us not forget the Safety Lock original function is to protect your stuff from beign robbed in case someone gets into your account ..

You name it Frijolero.

It's function is to keep your account safe while you are not playing your char.

So my suggestion is not to take it off anymore, but add "usage of spells" to the Basic SL disabling function.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You name it Frijolero.

It's function is to keep your account safe while you are not playing your char.

So my suggestion is not to take it off anymore, but add "usage of spells" to the Basic SL disabling function.

Most likely forcing non-cash shop players to leave PvP oriented servers, as they're not going to want to put coins into buying stuff from cash shoppers, or buying money themselves... technically, you're asking for the game to be "free to play, pay to PvP." And connect with the fact that it's the non cash shoppers AND the cash shoppers that make money, with only cash shoppers on the pvp servers, it's possible they could effectively lose money, as cash shoppers won't be likely to buy from themselves, but buy from the Boutique directly, lowering the money they're making and forcing them upon the non-pvp servers, which by a complicated chain would eliminate the pvp servers completely, getting rid of the use of such due to a low population caused mainly by the changing of a simple function. Basically, you just asked to eliminate the PvP servers completely.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    PWE, bring out a SL free pvp server and compare your sales on them. I'm pretty sure u'll notice a "small" difference..

yep....a "small" difference of nearly no income and a virtually empty server population.
    b:sweat
    there has been other mmorpg (some of which me has personally played) where there be no form of PK protection and dying actually risked losing everything....including your character.
    others where dying risks all their gear and since said gear be hard to get...like all mmorpgs be like.....
    they quickly tanked and had only an extremely small highly geared up player base....
    then went bankrupt and disappeared.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SysGen - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Most likely forcing non-cash shop players to leave PvP oriented servers, as they're not going to want to put coins into buying stuff from cash shoppers, or buying money themselves... technically, you're asking for the game to be "free to play, pay to PvP." And connect with the fact that it's the non cash shoppers AND the cash shoppers that make money, with only cash shoppers on the pvp servers, it's possible they could effectively lose money, as cash shoppers won't be likely to buy from themselves, but buy from the Boutique directly, lowering the money they're making and forcing them upon the non-pvp servers, which by a complicated chain would eliminate the pvp servers completely, getting rid of the use of such due to a low population caused mainly by the changing of a simple function. Basically, you just asked to eliminate the PvP servers completely.

Just three questions:

1 (and for me the most important one). Why haven't all this you wrote ever been a problem before SL was brought up?

2. Who forces you to have a bloody red name and/or 200 hours if you cant afford guardian scrolls? In this game you have the possibility to trade ingame coins for "coins" to buy cash shop items (some other games don't have), so if you want to rpk and have 200 hours, you should at least be able to back it up, which brings up question 1.

3. You seriously want to tell me that you can't pk with a "white" name if you can't afford guardian scrolls?
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    First off, I'm not saying you can't PK without a white name or such. But quite obviously, what's the use of attempting to PK someone if you can't afford Guardian scrolls? And even as a white name, you have a higher chance of losing items than if you happened to be blue named? So let me ask you this: Why is it that you want to get better drops from PKs?
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    me think me has a simple answer for that.
    b:sweat
    teh OP be bad at Pking and wishes to get better drops from the few lowbies that he/she managed to kill.
    b:chuckle

PvP for fun....not to **** over others....then teh game be fun.
    ....me just saying.
    b:surrender
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's what I've been trying to say! Thanks for clarifying lol.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danievdw
    danievdw Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I SHOULD have the option to disable this stupid feature on my own account. My risk, my option. Its damn annoying.
  • Killmin - Harshlands
    Killmin - Harshlands Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i like the idea of removeing the abiltity to attack or cast spells when sl is on that would soplve the free pk tool and still allow accounts to be safe