Alpha Male and Flesh Ream

OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Barbarian
Several days ago there was a thread started about aggro not being right in the game anymore.

Tonight I was in FB 59 with my barb husband who is lvl 89. After I took aggro I visibly watched him use alpha male, then flesh ream (cooldown)flesh ream again and he did NOT take back aggro. Not even for an instant. These skills do not seem to be working correctly for him.

Are any other barbs having this specific problem?
Post edited by OneHottShot - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm beginning to think it's a skill problem. I'm pulling agro far too easily with regular attacks. I notice it a lot on my cleric too in public quest, I have to keep switching mobs or I build up too much agro and get clobbered.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I should be posting this in the other thread, but Ill post here as well.

I just did a delta. Granted I had a 99 wizard in squad....but for the love of god, I could not hold aggro, no matter how many times I spammed flesh ream, sunder or alpha male. When the bosses came, I kept spamming every single aggro skill I had and I could not pull them away. It was driving me crazy.

If you take away a barb's ability to hold aggro, he becomes practically useless if he is tank build. I plead with the dev's, please look at this issue. I know its not me, I have made it this far knowing how to hold aggro all to myself. Ive never had an issue until this recent patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    One, take a look into the upcoming patch notes if they're still posted. It only states that sin and psy skills currently generate more aggro than they should but it is possible that this effect has spread to the other classes as well.

Also congrats to you and bones on sage/demon
    ~dayzfade

Edit: not spread like a disease mind you, just coding into other classes that may not be functioning properly
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Its probably some conspiracy plan to make us spend more $ on the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Its probably some conspiracy plan to make us spend more $ on the game.

ironically enough, I said in my delta squad:

"now Im going to go charge $1k in gold in order to adequately make my damage enough to properly hold aggro"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ence - Lost City
    Ence - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This has been discussed in my guild and on multiple BH runs as well. It looks like for some reason, flesh ream's aggroing abilities have been dropped very low. Hopefully the devs/PWI team will take a look into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    One, take a look into the upcoming patch notes if they're still posted. It only states that sin and psy skills currently generate more aggro than they should but it is possible that this effect has spread to the other classes as well.

Also congrats to you and bones on sage/demon
    ~dayzfade

Edit: not spread like a disease mind you, just coding into other classes that may not be functioning properly

The patch notes are for the up comming patch. Its not something they've done yet. Its something they did within the last patch that has messed stuff up.

Thnx for the grats :) We both went Sage :)
    This has been discussed in my guild and on multiple BH runs as well. It looks like for some reason, flesh ream's aggroing abilities have been dropped very low. Hopefully the devs/PWI team will take a look into it.

They better more than take a look into it. Wizards and Veno's and Archers aren't built to tank like barbs. If something isn't done these classes will all but become extinct. I don't want to keep spending so much money on charms b/c I pull aggro on stuff and the barb can't get it back. Tanking Stygean isn't on my to do list, I can do it with a good cleric and much ticking of my charm; but that doesn't mean I want to.

The problem needs to be fixed. Unlike the other thread this is NOT an issue due to having a pet out or not. We actually tested this both ways. Barb had his pet out and then didn't too and both ways he could not get the aggro off of me.

b:cryb:cryb:surrender
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ironically enough, I said in my delta squad:

"now Im going to go charge $1k in gold in order to adequately make my damage enough to properly hold aggro"

way to pound the nails into your own coffin...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    way to pound the nails into your own coffin...

it was of course a joke b:shocked nevertheless, I feel its the only way to hold aggro as a barb until they decide to check this glitch out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksmiley - Heavens Tear
    Darksmiley - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i dont have a problem with agro 0.0. But i am demon and do have zerk axes :S
    Darksmiley - A.K.A PWI's old ****

A look at my time: Chaosgods-->Lostsoulz-->Titans-->Triad-->(break from pwi)-->Caesar-->(break from pwi)-->Hikary-->Titans -.-
    I don't TW atm b:surrender

Shoulda rolled a PVP server -.-
  • _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver
    _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I haven't noticed a change in aggro, but.

Level 90+ is tough for a barb to hold aggro when you have archer and wizard in party that is equivalent level or higher.

Simply put - level 90+ archers and wizards are damage machines! Aggro loss can happen with any class that out damages the barb. Usually aggro is lost on a crit hit. DD classes around level 90+ focus everything in damage dealing (pure magic, higher crit% or more dex/strength etc.), where as barbs are more focused in vit.

Barbs need axes with zerk damage to hold aggro (calamity axes level 70-89 then TT90 gold axes level 90+).

Pan gu's and TT green axes are great for tanking but you cannot hold aggro with them. I had Pan Gu's axes refine +5 - any class above my level I had a very tough time holding aggro. So now have tt90 gold +8 and don't have any problems holding aggro now. :/

I truly feel sorry for the Barbs that can't afford the higher refine levels on your weapons, it's really frustrating to lose aggro and not being able to play your roll in a party. Nobody want's a barb that can't hold aggro worth a dam in party and chances are your gonna lose those friends that invite you to RB, BH, FB, FC parties.

Again, I do not think aggro was nerfed, it's just the natural progress of DD classes at the higher levels. But, I do agree barbs could use a boost in aggro skills. Aggro is a skill that should not be based on D-orbs in the cash shop.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    See thats just the thing. Before this recent patch, I had no problem whatsoever holding aggro in delta at lvl 87 or fcc/bh's even with lvl 90+ wiz/archer/bms.

idk.....having zerk axes isnt exactly the best choice for a barb tanking in delta or fcc....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    But, Ceshi, we did those OHT bosses right before your delta run and agro seemed normal. You held agro fine on the ones where it was an issue. On the last two, I was sparking away (4M HP and weak attacks, bleh) and only got agro about when I would have expected to. I suspect the problem is more nuanced than a general reduction in the skills' agro levels.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i dont have a problem with agro 0.0. But i am demon and do have zerk axes :S

Yea, this. I never noticed either, DPS tanking ftw! b:victory
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    Kado - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I too have came across this problem as well. The other night we ran a stygean bh and I could not keep hate no matter how hard I tried. My squad was a rainbow squad all within an eight level gap and the major dd's were trying as best they could to manage their dps. Never the less it was as though roar which is capped did nothing and normally it gives me time to get ream activated on most of the mobs in a multi mob pull. I burnt through so many mp pots it was sad.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Due to the influx of misplaced threads, all threads will be moved to their correct section or locked. We appreciate your understanding b:victory
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    But, Ceshi, we did those OHT bosses right before your delta run and agro seemed normal. You held agro fine on the ones where it was an issue. On the last two, I was sparking away (4M HP and weak attacks, bleh) and only got agro about when I would have expected to. I suspect the problem is more nuanced than a general reduction in the skills' agro levels.

true.....but some of those bosses were ? level
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngelaMarie - Heavens Tear
    AngelaMarie - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Me and my barb husband have noticed this problem as well. We were questing together killing Ossaur Calvalries. He was in tiger form. When he flesh reams the mob, he cannot hold aggro at all; when he DOES NOT flesh ream the mobs, he holds aggro perfectly.

There is definitely something wrong with flesh ream! This is a scary prospect for all of us squishies in the world b:shocked

Edit: We even tested human form, which he lost aggro to me almost instantly in before. Now, he keeps aggro even when I AOE. Aggro is all messed up...not just flesh ream.

Edit: Not only that...he can actually TAKE aggro from me in human form.
  • Boryon - Sanctuary
    Boryon - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was wondering if it is possible that aggro skills are not the problem. Recently i began playing on an alt. I noticed while around archo that mobs do not aggro without innitiating an attack. While i know lower levels do not aggro, I do remember being chased by dual bladed centipex. Neither the Centipex nor the venomous gouls aggroed me as i ran by them. I would only get aggroed if i attacked the mob. Could this be the cause of the strange aggro issues? Maybe I remember incorrectly or maybe something was changed with how strongly mobs show aggression?
  • AndreiHunter - Dreamweaver
    AndreiHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well u could always go in human and spam those skills........b:cry better than spaming flesh ram....belive me i tried it xD....but with this patch...who knows?b:cry
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Funny thing is, I come across a few barbs who say they have no problem holding aggro.

But they were demon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary
    Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was wondering if it is possible that aggro skills are not the problem. Recently i began playing on an alt. I noticed while around archo that mobs do not aggro without innitiating an attack. While i know lower levels do not aggro, I do remember being chased by dual bladed centipex. Neither the Centipex nor the venomous gouls aggroed me as i ran by them. I would only get aggroed if i attacked the mob. Could this be the cause of the strange aggro issues? Maybe I remember incorrectly or maybe something was changed with how strongly mobs show aggression?

Yes this is true, some mobs around lev 30 - 40 are now aggro-less. This a change made recently too, but not from last patch. Nevertheless has nothing to do with this aggro of the barb discussion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm sage and I have np holding aggro. Held it on stygean in 79 fine with every debuff under the sun and wizzy aoeing with dds hammering it.

It did twitch afew times tho b:surrender

Personally I think you guys should learn to tank, damage dealers have become better, think it's time you should too...
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I'm sage and I have np holding aggro. Held it on stygean in 79 fine with every debuff under the sun and wizzy aoeing with dds hammering it.

It did twitch afew times tho b:surrender

Personally I think you guys should learn to tank, damage dealers have become better, think it's time you should too...

So just because everything is fine with you, you think everyone else sucks?

Last time I checked, the world doesnt revolve around X_trigger_X, but then again, my college doesnt teach Ego 101 either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngelaMarie - Heavens Tear
    AngelaMarie - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I know good tanks that are having issues since this last patch. It's not just the fail barbs that are having issues.
    Last time I checked, the world doesnt revolve around X_trigger_X, but then again, my college doesnt teach Ego 101 either.

lmao! Mine didn't either...too bad...
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Can any Barbarian who had experienced this issue confirm if it was fixed in today's patch?
  • _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver
    _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Can any Barbarian who had experienced this issue confirm if it was fixed in today's patch?

If there was a problem and it was fixed wouldn't it be posted in the Cabbage Patch Notes?
  • Punisher_ - Harshlands
    Punisher_ - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i had this problem in a tt 1-2 run last night. the veno in the squad was 5 lvls lower then me and his pet is almost 10 lvls lower and for some reason flesh ream wasnt doing its job. i had max chi and spammed flesh ream until my chi was gone only to watch the magmite take aggro back in 3 hits and die. this happened today too while aoe grinding with a cleric, she did one aoe and took aggro even when the mobs had less then half hp.

hopefully the devs can find the issue and fix it asap
  • Brutu - Heavens Tear
    Brutu - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Honestly I haven't been having any issue as of yet... Even when in a squad that is composed of people that choose to attack different targets at the same time.

Hell I don't think I even have trouble holding aggro from psys who are suppose to be aggro hogs.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lately i actually got less agro problems then ever i dunno what it is
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts