Expansion

armagedonn17
armagedonn17 Posts: 11 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
how do i download the expansion? will it just automaticly come when i download the game? im having a little trouble finding any details on downloading any of the expansions or any details about them?b:angry
Post edited by armagedonn17 on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    All you have to do is download the client from our website, and the expansion is included after you run the patcher b:victory

Download it from this page: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download
  • armagedonn17
    armagedonn17 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    so just go to the main perfect world website and download the patch?

can i just download the rising tide expansion or should i download all of them
  • masterfu2
    masterfu2 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hello! All you need to do is first download the game client from this website, then install the game just like any other games. Once you have done with all that, then click the perfect world international game icon on your desktop(if you make a shortcut) and let the game install all the patches.

Depends on your internet connection, it will take some time to download and install all the patches since there are 3 expansions xD

So good luck downloading the game and welcome to the game :)

masterfu~ b:dirty

P.S. no, you can't skip the first two expansions just to install Rising Tide
    hi :3
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    you have to download all of it, there has been patches after the expansion too, so any older download and pwi wil tell you it needs update anyways
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • Nolasa - Dreamweaver
    Nolasa - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just download the game and let it update on its own. Tho it will most likely take a fairly long time with a slow net connection.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    u will have to download pwi, pwi lost empire, pwi age of spirits and pwi raging tides + all minor updates
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Fallen_Grace - Dreamweaver
    Fallen_Grace - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The current client download takes you to version 166 and then there are subsequent patches to get to the current version. All patches have to be applied to play. My question is, is there plans to combine patches into 1 large download and create a torrent like the client? I would have assumed that would have been done when the expansion released but no such luck. This would be nice for those that reformat instead of wasting time reinstalling patch after patch, or the client updating forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The current client download takes you to version 166 and then there are subsequent patches to get to the current version. All patches have to be applied to play. My question is, is there plans to combine patches into 1 large download and create a torrent like the client? I would have assumed that would have been done when the expansion released but no such luck. This would be nice for those that reformat instead of wasting time reinstalling patch after patch, or the client updating forever.

We tend to compile a new client whenever we can, my guess (key word) is that this will happen eventually, probably after the next couple patches are applied to complete the expansion content. Please note, this is my speculation based on past experience only.