Economy, strability and future of RT

losstarot
losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Tideswell (East)
It seems that mostly everyone on the server is either insanely poor or extremely rich (and those who are are usually heavy-CSers or have experience and can buy/sell very well). Those who are rich and CSers are very desperate to make themselves better and buys the incredibly overpriced items (like tokens), while the poor just struggle and continue to make poor monetary decisions.

This makes me wonder about the future of RT's economy, and thus the life and diversity of the server.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Every server is like this.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soujiro_Z - Raging Tide
    Soujiro_Z - Raging Tide Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ^ agree

dont even start with the "lets not buy gold....etc" cuz is not going to happend b:sad

so just get use to it
  • MeetTheMedic - Raging Tide
    MeetTheMedic - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Everyone's either insanely rich or insanely poor? Eh. I'm not poor, but I'm not insanely rich either. I actually know how to spend and how NOT to spend my money and it's a concept not beyond the might of any other ordinary player either.

...Though tbh I did spend my first $10 on Zen today. Only because I really need more inventory space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Whisper_ - Raging Tide
    _Whisper_ - Raging Tide Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No economy is "stable" it is just like a roller coaster that goes up and down, all the time.

The only way to have a "stable economy" is to have no economy.
    [SIGPIC]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/skyeuser/Whispercopy.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I got my Fishy Gills, And my Flippy Floppy's. Im a fish on land, no one can stop mehb:chuckle
  • MulanWei - Raging Tide
    MulanWei - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Everyone's either insanely rich or insanely poor? Eh. I'm not poor, but I'm not insanely rich either. I actually know how to spend and how NOT to spend my money and it's a concept not beyond the might of any other ordinary player either.

...Though tbh I did spend my first $10 on Zen today. Only because I really need more inventory space.

Same, I know how to make money, what to sell and not to, when to use the AH and when to decompose. I also dropped $10 for the exact same reason inventory and bank space. Although if I did have unlimited funds, I would buy some rough fur since I can never get enough in my initial climb up the crafting laddder. Be smart economically.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    losstarot wrote: »
    It seems that mostly everyone on the server is either insanely poor or extremely rich (and those who are are usually heavy-CSers or have experience and can buy/sell very well). Those who are rich and CSers are very desperate to make themselves better and buys the incredibly overpriced items (like tokens), while the poor just struggle and continue to make poor monetary decisions.

This makes me wonder about the future of RT's economy, and thus the life and diversity of the server.

*facepaw*
    what you be describing be pretty much all the servers....
    you don't reroll to a new server to escape being poor.....that just be a break in logic right there. b:surrender
    if anything, being on a new server makes you Poorer~~~~
    err tokens be "incredibly overpriced"?
    since when? looooool

me suggest you either start preparing good methods of aoe grinding, learn teh market, or cash shop....
    and also bother to manage your monies.
    -.-'
    (crazy stone is a pain in the paw to afford....heck me stopped doing it a while ago)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kardaron - Raging Tide
    Kardaron - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Leveling your crafting is dumb if you have a faction full of crafters leagues ahead of you.
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    *facepaw*
    you don't reroll to a new server to escape being poor.....that just be a break in logic right there. b:surrender
    since when? looooool

me suggest you either start preparing good methods of aoe grinding, learn teh market, or cash shop....
    -.-'
    (crazy stone is a pain in the paw to afford....heck me stopped doing it a while ago)
    arent tokens on RT 35k+ reaching to even 40k.. compared to sanctuary where i've seen them for 20-25k? not really sure though, haven't checked sanctuary's prices lately
  • MeetTheMedic - Raging Tide
    MeetTheMedic - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Although if I did have unlimited funds, I would buy some rough fur since I can never get enough in my initial climb up the crafting laddder.

LOL I almost did the same thing. After buying 11 teleacoustics with the spare 1 gold left over (never know when there'll be juicy WC drama to use to my advantage b:dirty) I noticed i had a huge lack of rough fur and that I should've bought some of that instead. :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowStorm - Raging Tide
    ShadowStorm - Raging Tide Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If your having trouble getting mats for your crafting, do what I did.....get your guildies to give them to you and then make them stuff

Instant win!!

b:victory
    As I look to the Horizon, I know danger is coming
    Fearing my power as a BladeMaster may not be enough,
    Ninja and Samarai skills failing, I look for someone to help avert the incoming disaster. Who will answer my call? Will it be the seeker? Or the Mystic? Or even an Earthguard at all...
    All I know is Darkness has come once again.
    And this time Light may not be enough to repel it...
    Genesis is upon us. Are you prepared for it?
  • losstarot
    losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    arent tokens on RT 35k+ reaching to even 40k.. compared to sanctuary where i've seen them for 20-25k? not really sure though, haven't checked sanctuary's prices lately
    *facepaw*
    since when? looooool

-.-'

Considering the fact I sold 500 tokens for nearly 50k last night, shows that there's something a bit wrong here.
  • Nuala - Raging Tide
    Nuala - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Considering the fact I sold 500 tokens for nearly 50k last night, shows that there's something a bit wrong here.

You know, alot of what's wrong with things, is thinking there's something wrong with them to begin with.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010

forgot a few zeros?
    xD
    loool
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Actually if you think about it, any type of economy, in-game or real life causes people to be poor or rich.

If we lowered gold prices, "poorer" people could buy gold sure yeah. But then "rich" people also could and would buy even more. If gold prices are high, "poorer" people cannot buy any, and only "rich" people could. That causes debates and arguments and yeah.

Especially in a game a perfect economy is not possible. Higher levels need more money to buy their stuff, lower levels need technically less.

If there were no "poor" and "rich" people, as already been stated, there will be no economy. I mean, do you seriously think it'd be fun to have the same amount of money as everyone else? And lets not even go there, since what happens if one of us buys something? Everyones money would go up and down. Its complicated.

Anyways my point is, there has always been "poor" and "rich," and there always will be. Sadly thats life but you have to admit, if it didn't exist then it would be an even more complicated matter. b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Zexion - Raging Tide
    Zexion - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The economy in this game is one that has been hyper inflated by anni packs. What's done is done. As for the future prospects, eventually it will be the TW factor guilds that have a great deal of extra money. There's some rather simple ways to make money if you just look around.
    If you would please, allow me to interject with an interjection into your conversation which requires, an interjecting. For if I'm to understand correctly and correctly understand the present situation, which I may or may not understand correctly, then it seems that you all don't make sense at all.
  • AnotherDay - Raging Tide
    AnotherDay - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I actualy find the econimy Very Stable. Im not complaning unless gold is 500k a pop. Im just poor because i level all my skills. And i bought a cash shop itemb:surrender dumb move on my part. blew off 300k
    Helping other to live to fight another day. That is my job.
    My guild: OUTLAW