No Dual Sword BMs?

Options
Flintus - Heavens Tear
Flintus - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Blademaster
I noticed alot of talk about Axe Fist and Pole BM's , but no Sword/Dual Sword BMs

i wanted to play Dual Swords but is there a reason that no one uses Swords?
Post edited by Flintus - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    cause they are not useful? idk i have a single blade thats fun for myriad sword stance thats about it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flintus - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    cause they are not useful? idk i have a single blade thats fun for myriad sword stance thats about it

so u dont recommend me going dual sword the whole way... ive always like the idea of sword and attacking quick

but whatever is best for me to level fast and get some parties x]
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i recommend doin axe/pole till 70s. Then investing in tt80 fists and pole and have calamities for aoes. A BM really shined when wielding multiple weapons. I have all 5 with me at all times for different situations, its very fun actually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flintus - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    okay thanks for the input will do
  • Ehmi - Heavens Tear
    Ehmi - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Until 70, sword is probably the most efficient PVE weapon. You can AOE grind with axes if you have a cleric on-call 24/7 or rich with charm. At 70 you probably need to AOE grind anyways with calams because solo mob grinding becomes very slow. But I agree a BM can only benefit from using all 5 weapons(including bow). Fist at later lvl might out-dd sword though if you are rich. Pole to me is more of a situational weapon, doesnt really shine in many areas except the range it has.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    zzz stop mis leading people -___________________-.

I'm so tired of hearing people answer these questions w/, weapon A is better than weapon B. To be honest you w/e weapon you want man, by the time your level 70 make sure you have Roar of pride leveld and dragon bane. by lvl 80-90 make sure you have Heavens flame a decent level. You dont need to go a certain path inorder to use skills. I love using dual blades and swords just cause they look cool. That doesnt mean i dont have axes for aoe grind, or fists for cylcone heel. As long as you have all the axe skills and roar of pride maxed no one care what weapon you use as ur main its up to u.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You have multiple weapon paths for a reason. I laugh at those 9x BM's that only use axes.

Fist BM's have ungodly DPS
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    Zyfou - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I noticed alot of talk about Axe Fist and Pole BM's , but no Sword/Dual Sword BMs

i wanted to play Dual Swords but is there a reason that no one uses Swords?

I've been a sword/dual sword BM until my 90s, when I started exploring axes and fists. I was always able to level up just as fast, and fit in with squads, as other BMs who focused on different weapons.

It's not that the blade path is useless, it's just best used for tactics and mob control.

Blade specific skills:

Mage Bane - I will have to agree that this skill is useless. The spark it requires can be saved for better 2 spark skills or the Axe skill, Drake Bash, which is used for stunlocking.

Spirit Chaser = In addition to Drakes Ray, this is one of the few ranged skills a BM has. It's useful for luring, catching, dealing an extra hit against runners, and attacking flying mobs in instances where you cannot jump or fly (specifically FF).

Atmos Strike - This skill has good spike damage, and is useful for mob control because of its knockback ability. You can use it to get behind a runner mob and throw it to the other side of the room so it won't run off and aggro its friends down the hall. The knockback won't work in PvP, however.

Myriad Sword Stance - The real meat and potatoes of the blade path. Its a ranged AoE that deals massive amounts of damage and debuffs all targets physical and magical attack. I find it particularly useful against bosses with AoE (i.e. Dambed Guarnob and Cenequus Polearm in fb69) or high magic attack (i.e. General Wurlord in TT2-x), or when I come across a group of ranged, pure magic mobs.

The only problem with sword/blade vs. dual sword/blade is that there's not a whole lot offered for duals in terms of high level equips. TT60 and TT70 weapons just offer single blades, with TT80 and on offer 1 or 2 dual weps vs. 4 different single weps. Also, TT90 Gold Blade is really good, if you can afford it.

Another good thing about the sword/dual sword path is that it requires a fair bit of dex. Extra dex means extra Accuracy and Evasion, and means you won't have to spend millions on accuracy boosting gears in order to hit anything in late game (Misty Forest Rings +50% Accuracy, specifically).
  • GrimStorm - Dreamweaver
    GrimStorm - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dual Sword BM here... i know im low lvl but i love them... i dont care what people say... Im making my character how i want it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_Slipknot_x - Heavens Tear
    X_Slipknot_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i use axes and fist axes are the best wep to grind with i also use fist they really good 2 and fast....b:thanks
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options