Tideborn hairstyles on other Classes

Avinar - Heavens Tear
Avinar - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've seen a few charcters with Tideborn hairstyles, but they are not Tideborns. Is there a way you can do this? If so, could you tell me how please? Thanks (:
Post edited by Avinar - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's not allowed, and you can be banned if caught.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The way you do it gets you a ban, those players are breaking the rules.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Avinar - Heavens Tear
    Avinar - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Oh.. Could a gm confrim this please? I don't see how it is a bannable offense.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You have to edit the ini files to do it. That's bannable.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yep punish the customers instead of the programmers or even fix the situation. b:victory How dare you move a file on your HD!
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You dont "edit" the ini-files when you get tideborn hair on another class, you move them, or copy-paste w/e. Anyway its not allowed to move the files around either. I do think you get warned by GM and told to change it back before you get banned tho. Or thats at least what ive heard from people that got tideborn hair thinking it was allowed b:lipcurl
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You dont "edit" the ini-files when you get tideborn hair on another class, you move them, or copy-paste w/e. Anyway its not allowed to move the files around either. I do think you get warned by GM and told to change it back before you get banned tho. Or thats at least what ive heard from people that got tideborn hair thinking it was allowed b:lipcurl
    As long as you do not edit the game files, you can move the presets around to different classes. Also, as long as that class or character can have that hairstyle, skin colour, etc. it's also okay.

As far as Tideborn hair to other races are concerned, it's glitched if you moved one file to another. The skin tone doesn't correspond to the other classes' skin tone and the hair isn't fix...blahblah. Therefore if you see someone a normal class with TB hair that looks normal, it's reportable.

There's a quote from a GM before that talks about moving the files around as long as you edit them being okay. But I'm too lazy to find it. b:chuckle

EDIT: Found the link
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=592972&highlight=editing+game+files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Yep punish the customers instead of the programmers or even fix the situation. b:victory How dare you move a file on your HD!

Why punish anyone? You agree to the terms of service when they ALLOW you to down load their game. You have agreed you would not modify their files in any way when you click that "I agree" button. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, or that you are allowed to.

You could rob a bank, that doesn't mean you should, or that you are allowed to. My gosh use some self control.

And how dare you move a file on your HD? Have you heard of hackers and prison? Ppl do it all the time, doesn't mean its right.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    personally i think we should be allowed to do it, but i know that we are not. that's the only reason i dont have TB hair on my character.

if you see a non-tb with tb hair then report their ****. thats what i do. bcuz if i cant have it, no one can b:sin
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't care if they have it or not. One way or another, they're bound to get reported. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Tinypony - Dreamweaver
    Tinypony - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ooo nice to read all this. I found this girl and took a SS of her.. I thought hey that hair looks cool on clerics but isn't it a TB style? Then I looked around on the forums and I guess doing such a thing is invasive and bannable? Oo lala!

Well her toon is pretty.. and that hairstyle is the one I use on my TB and love the most! I wonder why they won't just allow the 2 normal looking TB hairstyles on the other classes? I admit the rest of the 'shell' theme ones don't fit humans, elves or beasts though!
    clericTBHAIR-2010-01-19.jpg

Ps. I do have her name... but ermm I'm not one to rat people out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No it's not allowed, trust me I wish it were. b:sad
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KallenHapti - Sanctuary
    KallenHapti - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I wonder why they won't just allow the 2 normal looking TB hairstyles on the other classes?

+100000 and she looks amazing
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Banned TB hairstyle made my Kallen cry b:sad
    Training my new wizzie. Current status lvl5X. b:pleased
  • Mivi - Lost City
    Mivi - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    after the tideborn patch the people can see a head space in the fashion's equip
    well is for new hairstyles
    i see some pics around in the web, unable to find where sorry >_<

edit i found some:
    im not sure if i can post btw

fish18.jpg
    esempio%2Bacconciature.jpg
    fish07.jpg
    parrucca+2.png
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    after the tideborn patch the people can see a head space in the fashion's equip
    well is for new hairstyles
    i see some pics around in the web, unable to find where sorry >_<

edit i found some:
    im not sure if i can post btw

parrucca+2.png
    That bottom one's giving me puppy dog eyes... Ok, ok! I'll buy your girl scout cookies! >_>;;;
    BTW, wasn't there someone trolling a week or so ago because they were wanting to get a free makeover scroll just so they could fix their hairstyle?
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    As we have previously stated. using a tideborn specific hairstyle on another race is not permitted. b:victory
This discussion has been closed.