Calling Dibs on Quest Guide

Comments

• Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Question about the Traitor: Is it glitched? I tried helping a cleric who had already started it, and was past 50%. Thinking it was fine, since the mob was down to something around 30% when I got there, I began to attack. Neither one of us got the raw shard.

I ended up having to apologize for "ksing", even though I didn't. So I'm wondering if the mob is glitched, or the raw shard has a really low drop rate or something. I already got a headache for it...don't want to accidentally have it happen again.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    Pledge - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Any help on this one would be appreciated - I received this quest yesterday and went to Etherblade today for the First Step - Traveling and walked my feet off and nothing. I teleported back and forth to and from everywhere as well, still nothing. The quest is just sitting dormant in my quest list. I can't trash it and nothing auto-triggers. What can or should I do? I would love to finish this whole thing.

Hello.
    I can answer that for you, first, you have to walk around a lot, the trigger area covers a big big area, the safest and most reliable place that I went to was where the elder is, from the teleporter, run straight to the elder and it should trigger somewhere along the way, if it does not, trash it, take it again, and see what happens.
    I'm a male... Humanoid... Thing... Well, I'm full of something.
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Question about the Traitor: Is it glitched? I tried helping a cleric who had already started it, and was past 50%. Thinking it was fine, since the mob was down to something around 30% when I got there, I began to attack. Neither one of us got the raw shard.

I ended up having to apologize for "ksing", even though I didn't. So I'm wondering if the mob is glitched, or the raw shard has a really low drop rate or something. I already got a headache for it...don't want to accidentally have it happen again.

Your safest bet would be to not squad with each other, when my higher-level cleric did it beforehand, I had a veno squad with me, the veno engaged the traitor with her pet, then ordered it on stand-by once its got aggro and I pummeled it slowly to death, with the veno occasionally hitting it to regain the aggro directed to my cleric.
    This might work for that cleric friend of yours, but as for you, I suggest you don't do this in a squad or with anyone beside you, do it alone, if you did it alone, the drop will be 100%, if you did not receive it after many attempts, trash and retake.
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    after traitor is it over ?

The traitor is NOT the end. This whole chain are split into three parts:

Part one: Finding the Mysterious Steele - Ending of the Coming-of-age

Part two: Goshiki battling the undead - Ormin saying he is a heartless monster and you retrieve the raw crystal from the traitor

Part three: EMERALD MOON ON THE WHITE SAND BEACH LOST HER MEMORY - EMERALD MOON HELPING DIZZY BY FINDING THE CHRONO CORE.

Part three, go do it.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Pledgeeee! Finish the guideeee! b:cry I have friends that can't find the quest again and I was so excited to see that this was up but it's not done b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Pledgeeee! Finish the guideeee! b:cry I have friends that can't find the quest again and I was so excited to see that this was up but it's not done b:sad

Hi there.

I hear your anguish already b:laugh

Anyway... My veno needs a couple more levels (2 and a half) to continue going b:sad

Sit still. I'm pushing my shaodu cub to kill for me as fast as I can.
  • Xtasy - Raging Tide
    Xtasy - Raging Tide Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    why dont you use your mainb:sad

btw bump...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Hi there.

I hear your anguish already b:laugh

Anyway... My veno needs a couple more levels (2 and a half) to continue going b:sad

Sit still. I'm pushing my shaodu cub to kill for me as fast as I can.

She figured it out though, so I'm not in immediate need anymore. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    why dont you use your mainb:sad

btw bump...

My main got the chain done, it's almost impossible to track down all my quests now... Just sit tight... I'm not giving up on this guide.
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Level 50 at last...
    Hope to continue soon b:victory
  • DracoSin - Lost City
    DracoSin - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Awaiting the finish... oh wait... already finished on my main ^_^
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Level up already so I can use this guide to help my friends Dx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rojhartjemaxime
    rojhartjemaxime Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I did the Blood Combat quest in the area where you've got to kill undead soldiers and officers. Then I got teleported out and got a doll. I gave it to the mysterious girl. Then I returned to the elder for the next step of the quest, but it somehow ended there. There is no new quest for me, the last reward contained 5 tisha stones. HELPb:shocked
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Im pretty sure you need to be a higher lvl to continue the chain lvl 57 or 56 i think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    I did the Blood Combat quest in the area where you've got to kill undead soldiers and officers. Then I got teleported out and got a doll. I gave it to the mysterious girl. Then I returned to the elder for the next step of the quest, but it somehow ended there. There is no new quest for me, the last reward contained 5 tisha stones. HELPb:shocked
    Im pretty sure you need to be a higher lvl to continue the chain lvl 57 or 56 i think

No you don't, you can finish this chain at 51, though the last boss is hard...
    Return to elder, then go to Ormin or Aurosy... Either one of them will continue it for you.
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Success at level 51... Now if only I could find a slave to kill Feng for me... Otherwise this will continue in a really fast pace b:victory
  • arekei18avenged
    arekei18avenged Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I have EXACT the same Problem!
    Did you find a way to get it back? If yes, tell here please..

Detailed Explanation:

I finished BLOOD COMBAT at 55. I talked to Dizzy and she told me to go to Elder in City of raging tides. I talked to Elder of RT and then suddenly the quest disappeared. I got the Reward that was supposed to given to me if i now go to dizzy again.

Im confused.. is this a bug? Did i make anything wrong? Thanks for any help about this. b:sad
    EDIT: Got the hint, that the HIDDEN PART is only avaliable AFTER 60.
    So, ill check Ormin and all the other quest dispatcher after reaching 60. [55now]
  • Ence - Lost City
    Ence - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just popped in to check the thread chain after Pledge's message to me.

I have to say, Well done! :D I look forward to doing this quest chain myself, which I had already planned on starting tomorrow.

The stories of PW which 99.9% of the populace appears to never read are always interesting and intriguing to me, so I'm trying to shield myself from reading the plotline xD (Though I'm very very very very tempted b:shocked )

At any rate! Yay! And, the status will be updated on Quest List up top (Sticky)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flexfit - Dreamweaver
    Flexfit - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hey just wanted to add something for the lochmur monster that may help some people. Even though you technically have to solo it, my faction mates and I have found a way around that. We found that after you get the first hit, you can have your friends DD and then at 50k hp, everyone must stop attacking and you must solo the last 50k or so, using this method has worked for everyone (so far). Remember you can't be in a squad for this.

In short, get the first hit, everyone can DD till 50k then you have to solo the last 50k hp,

hope this helps

~Flexfit
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is from personal experience:

If you did the party version your "Test of Loyalty" quest you can do "Blood Combat" in squad, if your party also did the party version. If you get a message in your quest log saying that you must do it out of squad and your squad has already been teleported in, you should ignore that message.

They will be teleported in with you, when you take the quest (in my case, I was squad leader and my party member friend was standing next to me).

With a good enough squad you might even be able to keep super trout alive -- I do not know if that would be possible though because I did not ignore the quest log message when I should have, (and even if we had, wealso we only had the two of us). But I doubt they created a completely different quest chain for such people so the story line probably will not change a lot, or maybe super trout is doomed -- I do not know.

Another possibility might be that if your squad has all done test of loyalty in squad mode, you might be able to be in squad for "Place of "Dreams". Unfortunately, we were not allowed to test this. (When we tried to kill it, about six people with 10-ish levels on us jumped in and KS'd us. We were told first that we were jumping the line -- never mind that no one had been attacking for minutes before we started, and also that we were doomed to failure and that they were saving everyone's time. I am still angry when I think about that situation.)

(Edit: We did that quest using the "people can help when you get to 50% method" but we had to kill it like a a dozen times because of all the "help" we were getting, including a several solo-tanking runs on the part of my friend.)
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Hey just wanted to add something for the lochmur monster that may help some people. Even though you technically have to solo it, my faction mates and I have found a way around that. We found that after you get the first hit, you can have your friends DD and then at 50k hp, everyone must stop attacking and you must solo the last 50k or so, using this method has worked for everyone (so far). Remember you can't be in a squad for this.

In short, get the first hit, everyone can DD till 50k then you have to solo the last 50k hp,

hope this helps

~Flexfit

Yes, I know, I have purposely meant to put this in the guide itself as well, however... It is virtually impossible to do this, for one, if you can take it down by half, he is easy to kill for you, the other half, the aggro is still on you since you dealt literally a LOT of damage, from what I see to this hint, it's great, it works, but it's risky, best not to squad, like I said this is still in its alpha stages, though I did this in a squad I know many people who didn't get this when squaded, I'm sure you won't wish to take this risk. Even outside squad, taking it down by 50% is a long haul, it's the equivalence of the time you need to fly from one end of the map to another with a Zuriel's Blade, I doubt you can find anyone that patient, if you do and wish to attempt this, at least deal 75% of the damage to be safe. Better safe than sorry I say.

==========================================================
    This is from personal experience:

If you did the party version your "Test of Loyalty" quest you can do "Blood Combat" in squad, if your party also did the party version. If you get a message in your quest log saying that you must do it out of squad and your squad has already been teleported in, you should ignore that message.

They will be teleported in with you, when you take the quest (in my case, I was squad leader and my party member friend was standing next to me).

With a good enough squad you might even be able to keep super trout alive -- I do not know if that would be possible though because I did not ignore the quest log message when I should have, (and even if we had, wealso we only had the two of us). But I doubt they created a completely different quest chain for such people so the story line probably will not change a lot, or maybe super trout is doomed -- I do not know.

Another possibility might be that if your squad has all done test of loyalty in squad mode, you might be able to be in squad for "Place of "Dreams". Unfortunately, we were not allowed to test this. (When we tried to kill it, about six people with 10-ish levels on us jumped in and KS'd us. We were told first that we were jumping the line -- never mind that no one had been attacking for minutes before we started, and also that we were doomed to failure and that they were saving everyone's time. I am still angry when I think about that situation.)

(Edit: We did that quest using the "people can help when you get to 50% method" but we had to kill it like a a dozen times because of all the "help" we were getting, including a several solo-tanking runs on the part of my friend.)

Sorry to hear about your KS situation, it happens, when I went to observe a killing, there were three blue named TBs killing it and I had to shoo them off to let the quester do the job... But I do admit those KSers talk sense... Kind of... It is bad to KS and that was... I have to admit kind of true... Out of the near 30 attempts I've seen to kill it, only 2 or 3 succeeded and they were all venos in factions that dominate half the territories in Perfect World, I can tell you this, in squad, you are doomed to fail this. Blood Combat is given as a squad if you choose to do Loyalty (Party) instead of Loyalty (SP), but NOT the lochmur, I can tell you that right now, trying is pretty much useless - Even if I am wrong and the lochmur is able to be squad-killed if Loyalty (Party) is done, this chain is still developing, BAM a bug comes and it doesn't count, at this stage of development, anything could happen to that lochmur... So my advice... If you wish to kill him, kill him alone, it's not worth it to try to get a point from all of this.
    Also from what you said about doing Loyalty in Party makes you able to do Blood Combat in a squad, that I beg to differ, even though it gives you a huge wing-up on things, Goshiki will die. I have safely protected him on my cleric, once that Goshiki charging in animation is done, Goshiki disappears from the scene of battle and returns to the starting point as a NPC, no matter how fast you do it, it's only 30 minutes to do them all, and Goshiki will die, it's part of the plotline... If he doesn't, you won't go through those much troubles again to help Dizzy and talk to Ormin or even have to kill the Lochmur... PWI will never let you off the hook that easily b:pleased.
    So my point... It's not worth it, Party requires you or a squad member to be high leveled, and doesn't give near as much reward, by the time you reach Blood Combat, with plentiful of HP potions (or MP, class dependant) Who cares if you need a squad or not? It's 30 minutes of slaughtering, in my opinion, you won't get another chance to do this, why not enjoy it alone while you can? b:laugh

Good luck to the both of you
    Gale (Pledge)
  • Xtasy - Raging Tide
    Xtasy - Raging Tide Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Sticky this alreadyb:angry
  • ProGrinder - Raging Tide
    ProGrinder - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    iam glad i could help b:laugh
  • Flexfit - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Yes, I know, I have purposely meant to put this in the guide itself as well, however... It is virtually impossible to do this, for one, if you can take it down by half, he is easy to kill for you, the other half, the aggro is still on you since you dealt literally a LOT of damage, from what I see to this hint, it's great, it works, but it's risky, best not to squad, like I said this is still in its alpha stages, though I did this in a squad I know many people who didn't get this when squaded, I'm sure you won't wish to take this risk. Even outside squad, taking it down by 50% is a long haul, it's the equivalence of the time you need to fly from one end of the map to another with a Zuriel's Blade, I doubt you can find anyone that patient, if you do and wish to attempt this, at least deal 75% of the damage to be safe. Better safe than sorry I say.

==========================================================

Srry i think you misunderstood what i was saying, i meant you have to solo the last 50k hp not the last 50%. So far everyone that has used this method has had the kill counted. For this to work you can't be in a squad. So really all "you" have to do is get the first hit and solo the last 50k of the HP, which shouldn't be too much of a problem with a cleric.(of course you could probably solo the whole boss with a cleric, this method saves the cleric some money on mp costs)

~Flexfit
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Srry i think you misunderstood what i was saying, i meant you have to solo the last 50k hp not the last 50%. So far everyone that has used this method has had the kill counted. For this to work you can't be in a squad. So really all "you" have to do is get the first hit and solo the last 50k of the HP, which shouldn't be too much of a problem with a cleric.(of course you could probably solo the whole boss with a cleric, this method saves the cleric some money on mp costs)

~Flexfit

Yes, of course... Sorry for the misunderstanding...
    That would be a great stradegy to use of course... The thing wish the lochmur is... It is totally Brutal to clerics level 75-... He's a total meanie to MY cleric... b:cry
  • Infliction - Raging Tide
    Infliction - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    QQ b:cryb:cry

Got the last boss to 400k hp left and my cleric buffs ran out =[ soloing that thing for that long at lvl61 is a freaking fail to die
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    QQ b:cryb:cry

Got the last boss to 400k hp left and my cleric buffs ran out =[ soloing that thing for that long at lvl61 is a freaking fail to die

Aw... I'm so sorry to hear to that...
    The thing is... He's suicide for a simple level 61... With all due respect... Get to at least 75 to survive... For a bit.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Aw... I'm so sorry to hear to that...
    The thing is... He's suicide for a simple level 61... With all due respect... Get to at least 75 to survive... For a bit.

I healed a level 60 BM doing it...took a longgggg time, but he didn't die b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    I healed a level 60 BM doing it...took a longgggg time, but he didn't die b:surrender

True, suicide does usually mean "when done alone" b:laugh
    Anyway... It really sucks to be a cleric when you see people begging for you to help... It kills more charm than TT and more pots than you get.
  • Flexfit - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    True, suicide does usually mean "when done alone" b:laugh
    Anyway... It really sucks to be a cleric when you see people begging for you to help... It kills more charm than TT and more pots than you get.

I know your pain, from what i've heard, doing something like that burns about 400k off the charm or something like that