Display Attributes?

Options
DarkHam - Harshlands
DarkHam - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
when I click Display attributes, it says I dont have the tool for it.

What tool do I need? And how much does it cost? 0.0
Post edited by DarkHam - Harshlands on

Comments

• Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you need a sack off observation for the rest i dont know
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What you actually need is an Eye of Observation, which you will either need to buy from another player (so the cost there varies) or you can use 13 Perfect Tokens of Luck to make one at a PW Boutique Agent. (Yes, Eyes of Observation can be gotten from Sacks of Observation, but you don't need the sack to do Display Attributes.) They're used up when you use them, so don't expect to run around displaying everyone's attributes with just one Eye of Observation.
  • Kiryn - Raging Tide
    Kiryn - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And is that the only way to see someone's level? Coming from other MMOs, I was kind of surprised that I couldn't just see what level someone is.

It's handy to know if that guy also killing mobs in your area is similar level, or a high level slumming (my behavior around them would be different, for example..... harvesting materials, for example. I'd be more competitive with a high level. Or random drive-by buffs. A high level, I wouldn't waste my energy on....)
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And is that the only way to see someone's level? Coming from other MMOs, I was kind of surprised that I couldn't just see what level someone is.

It's handy to know if that guy also killing mobs in your area is similar level, or a high level slumming (my behavior around them would be different, for example..... harvesting materials, for example. I'd be more competitive with a high level. Or random drive-by buffs. A high level, I wouldn't waste my energy on....)

afaik that's the only way to know their level for sure. You can still right click and view their player info, and look at the level of their gear and genie, but they could be behind a bit I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • RedBuIl - Lost City
    RedBuIl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    err. click onn them and check their gear, now you know they're lvl plus you saw they're gear, now kill 'em
  • Kiryn - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ...now kill 'em

Nah, I don't do PK. b:laugh
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

huh....
    out of all the many mmorpgs me has played, most don't let people see exact levels of players.
    some mayhaps uses colors to mark, others simply shows nothing, others show only Really out level you, similar level, way lower....
    ._.'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • La_Zorra - Sanctuary
    La_Zorra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    err. click onn them and check their gear, now you know they're lvl plus you saw they're gear

Except some character's gear is far below their exp level, lol, for one reason or another, and I've noticed that some people purposely put on lower-level gear, or none, when in towns, so others CAN'T see what level they or their gear is. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Muchas gracias to Saitada for the siggy ~
  • Kiryn - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    huh....
    out of all the many mmorpgs me has played, most don't let people see exact levels of players.
    some mayhaps uses colors to mark, others simply shows nothing, others show only Really out level you, similar level, way lower....
    ._.'

Hmm, must be because I haven't played PvP focussed ones. In PvE, there's no real problem with seeing other people's levels. /shrug
    (Most of my MMO experience is with World of ********, City of Heroes, and Dungeons&Dragons Online....)

Edit: Hahahahaha, the W word is censored here? That's hilarious! :D
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hmm, must be because I haven't played PvP focussed ones. In PvE, there's no real problem with seeing other people's levels. /shrug
    (Most of my MMO experience is with World of ********, City of removed, and Dungeons&Dungeons Online....)

Edit: Hahahahaha, the W word is censored here? That's hilarious! :D

world of censored also doesn't show levels lol.
    o.o'
    also haven't tried city of [censored] or D&D.
    b:sweat
    and also what whatsherface said, me gear (well most of it) happen to be lower level then me am.
    b:sweat
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiryn - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Options
    world of censored also doesn't show levels lol.

Huh. Maybe it's been too long since I played that one. b:surrender
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    err. click onn them and check their gear, now you know they're lvl plus you saw they're gear, now kill 'em

Way back when I was a lower lvl newb, someone challenged me to a duel. I then looked at their gears to try to get an indication of what their lvl was. They killed me in 1 shot. Their gears was the same lvl as all of mine and so was their weapon. But when I asked their lvl they was more than 30 lvls higher than I was. Why they thought this was fun? Idk.. but had I known I wouldn't have wasted my time, pots or anything else to duel with this person.

Also, pvp players often wear low level gears/weapons to entice ppl to try to pk them. Then of course they are 30 or 50 lvls ahead and pound them to oblivion. On Pvp servers or in Pk mode this would be a good thing for ppl to have surprise attacks.

There are also other obvious reasons ppl may want to wear lower gear. No money for new gears, or they think an old gear is better than a new one... etc.
  • System
    System Posts: 311 mod
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so anybody know a price on the tool needed? :o
  • bamboo666
    bamboo666 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You could get them from tokens or some players sell them they don't cost much but I think it can be used only once.