I see that the game designers are Silent Hill fans. Obviously.

Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Because there's no way you could come up with something like this unless you played Silent Hill at least six times.

2cxfacy.jpg

Seriously, though - What IS this thing? Right now I'm literally lying dead at its feet, waiting for a friend to come ress me. Was on my way to go to the Seer, but I looked away from the screen for too long while running. Five minutes later I find myself dead. My friend told me it's a world boss, but the only time I've ever seen it is on top of that plate in Archosaur.

Why couldn't it STAY THERE. b:surrender
And who's the dude on top of him?
Post edited by Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Meet Sword Tamer, pwner of soloers, low lvls, and any inadequately prepared group that dares come near it. Many an accidental suicide and purposefully made death happen here. He is most definitely not your friend, nor does he want to be. Whatever was behind its creation was not human >_> I'm not making any insult to the devs, But now that the question came up, What influenced you to create such a boss? or any of these bosses such as Mantavip, Krimson, or even Dismal Shade?
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Because there's no way you could come up with something like this unless you played Silent Hill at least six times.

2cxfacy.jpg

Seriously, though - What IS this thing? Right now I'm literally lying dead at its feet, waiting for a friend to come ress me. Was on my way to go to the Seer, but I looked away from the screen for too long while running. Five minutes later I find myself dead. My friend told me it's a world boss, but the only time I've ever seen it is on top of that plate in Archosaur.

Why couldn't it STAY THERE. b:surrender
    And who's the dude on top of him?

Sword Tamer indeed does share the same design as Warsoul Spirit in the center of Archosaur. Why, no one knows.

And indeed, Sword Tamer is a world boss. World bosses are boss monsters that are set roaming free on the world map. They have the highest stats in the game, drop good stuff and are extremely hard to kill.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I love silent hill also. Especially movie is my favorite. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol. "plate in arch"

and theres no point in getting a res if youre that close to it. it's just gonna kill you again soon as you get up.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Haha, we did it. :P He ressed me when the monster was turned around and then we went tearing into the river nearby. ^_^
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    very good. lol
  • Mivi - Lost City
    Mivi - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    petition for a cart
    "dont feed the animals"
  • DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The more likely scenario is that they were huge fans of the "Anima" Summon in FFX

Resembles that more than it does anything in SH tbh
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luixo - Sanctuary
    Luixo - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The guy on top is named Bob, He tames it on thursdays and fridays, and works at the local market selling apples on tuesdays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    The more likely scenario is that they were huge fans of the "Anima" Summon in FFX

Then again, you could say there were a few things inspired by FFX... for example, If you look at the male human dance emote.... you can't say that doesnt look like a version of the Jecht shot being done in one small spot... or the Dust of Diamond mobs in RB don't have a resemblance to Shiva... >_>
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I don't know... Sword Tamer's origins could be from Silent Hill. Admittedly all the chains and the weird mouths on his shoulders kind of resemble Anima, but I wouldn't say it's too close.

That aside, Sword Tamer is my best friend. They've moved him recently, which made me cry, because I loved playing "steal Sword Tamer's log" back when he used to guard it. Best. Game. Ever.

Until he AoE's you for trying to steal his log and then you kill some people passing by on accident... but hey, accidents happen. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrbungle - Lost City
    Mrbungle - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i love the design of this monster
  • Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear
    Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Now Sword Tammer share territory whit Nightspike bosses and i will advise to keep long possible distance from any WB because they are little pushy when comes to unwelcomed guests b:shocked .

And speaking about World Bosses.

Can anyone tell me where Snake Lady from Jade Shore go?, she was way too big to goes unnoticed but now she is gone. b:bye
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    And speaking about World Bosses.

Can anyone tell me where Snake Lady from Jade Shore go?, she was way too big to goes unnoticed but now she is gone. b:bye

Cenminator? No, she's still there. If you're not close enough to her though, she doesn't show up despite her odd size. Run around a little and you're sure to find her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear
    Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cenminator? No, she's still there. If you're not close enough to her though, she doesn't show up despite her odd size. Run around a little and you're sure to find her.

Thank You for that information b:thanks, and looks like Snake Lady bought Tideborn shadow walk skill to hide herself from farmers b:chuckle
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Lol, this whole thing just teaches me to actually watch the screen when I decide to autopilot. xD
  • Narore - Lost City
    Narore - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I actually noticed the Dude ontop of the weird thing is actually a Chick, well the one in arc is, haven't got close enough to Swordtamer yet to check D:.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    she be a she and sword tamer be her husband.
    b:shocked
    they broke up which be why sword tamer is so pissed off all the time.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yall are crazy, that looks nothing like anima

309px-FFX-Anima.jpg
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    she be a she and sword tamer be her husband.
    b:shocked
    they broke up which be why sword tamer is so pissed off all the time.
    Well what would you expect? He's pissed cause he has to pay alimony and child support >_> Krixxix warned him about cheating on the Warsoul Spirit with Cenminator and having Krimson with her >_>;;;
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Read Journey to the West and all shall be revealed
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To me he's part of the 39 cultivation.They should probably make it that the dead thing only triggers when you ge killed by him since maybe 90% of the people jump on him after getting the quest from the celestial elder.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I love silent hill also. Especially movie is my favorite. b:dirty

*gets a strange urge to go watch the film again*

aaah dammit i dont own it =< ... *goes to buy*
  • LagunaStar - Heavens Tear
    LagunaStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    both tamer and the guy on the 'plate' in Archo are two of the sickest looking critters I have EVER seen! but my guess is that they are based on some Asian myth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star of the Sea
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    both tamer and the guy on the 'plate' in Archo are two of the sickest looking critters I have EVER seen! but my guess is that they are based on some Asian myth.

u should play RE and dead space then =o. and ya id classify sword tamer in the silent hill universe. looks like it will be at home with the silent hill monsters.
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well, to me all those world bosses look kinda cool, good design.

But whoever designed "Eyes of the crimson beyond" must either have been stoned out of his/her mind, or just have woken up from a nightmare after drinking to much Flaming Tequilas.

That boss looks SICK, and he hits like a ton of bricks too. b:shocked
  • MeatbunXD - Dreamweaver
    MeatbunXD - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    When I first saw the Decaying Cleavehands by 1k streams, I thought they resembled Insane Cancers from Silent Hill 3. b:surprised

6-020.jpg
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Insane cancers. Damn. Those. Things. b:shocked

They're forming a cult against me. Nothing but Slurpers and Insane Cancers, out to destroy me. >__<

I remember seeing that Sword Tamer in Arch for the first time and running around it for like twenty minutes. :P So, so weird.