Defeated a BM same lv as me..

TurismoX - Lost City
TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Assassin
..in a duel, both level 50.

All I did was sleep him, run back, hit him up with knife throw, run in, hit him with slipstream strike, and basically just repeated that process save for a couple of other hits, maybe a tackling slash or a rib strike while waiting for the cool down.

This was both same level, neither of us had any pots and we were in the same party so I didn't bother going stealth since they can still see you.

But yeah, wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, he beat me the first round but I didn't have any tactic at all, I just tried to go head on with him and lost.

I had Chill of the Deep on too, obviously, since basically all I used was skills.

I don't think BMs are quite as scary as most us Assassins think they are..
Post edited by TurismoX - Lost City on

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what is with these testimonies of sins gloating about how they beat mid lvl people in duels? i've taken a 5x bm down in foxform without a pet...

i don't even think they can stun lock very well at 5x.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    You're funny.
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    what is with these testimonies of sins gloating about how they beat mid lvl people in duels? i've taken a 5x bm down in foxform without a pet...

i don't even think they can stun lock very well at 5x.

Mate, why even bother coming in here if you don't like it?

We do it because we think we are at a massive disadvantage against these classes and we are finding ways around it.

So either deal with it, or **** off.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    5x isn't a very good show of what a BM is capable of...ijs

in fact, a lot of classes suck at mid levels. an archer can probably dominate barb bm wiz cleric veno up til 8x. why is that? because barbs don't have a lot of vit (or accuracy for that matter) yet, bms can't really stun that well, the casters don't have as much cast range for their higher level abilities, and no one has spent a lot on their equipment. venos might get QQbirds and co-dominate everyone with archers.

what'd you expect? epeen strokes? so sorry
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • KillMeSoftly - Lost City
    KillMeSoftly - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Good Job... now try to beat a dex type BM...
  • Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    When people talk about how we're gimped against HA classes, they mostly mean in PK.

Take that same tactic, and give the BM a workable charm. Doing that repeatedly would NEVER get past his charm.

And I agree with Quilue. BMs aren't really anything special in the low/mid levels. It's later on when they can just stun-lock you to no end and punch/**** away at you while you can't do anything. Yeah, we've got Maze Steps to avoid that, but that only works for so long, and assumes you started the fight with at least a spark...then it'll be right back to the stuns.

Also, our attacks just get exponentially weaker on HA later on to the point that we're barely scratching them with some of our more powerful attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Duels prove nothing.

/thread
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ..in a duel, both level 50.

All I did was sleep him, run back, hit him up with knife throw, run in, hit him with slipstream strike, and basically just repeated that process save for a couple of other hits, maybe a tackling slash or a rib strike while waiting for the cool down.

This was both same level, neither of us had any pots and we were in the same party so I didn't bother going stealth since they can still see you.

But yeah, wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, he beat me the first round but I didn't have any tactic at all, I just tried to go head on with him and lost.

I had Chill of the Deep on too, obviously, since basically all I used was skills.

I don't think BMs are quite as scary as most us Assassins think they are..

*bangs face on a spiked concrete wall*

why would u gloat about something like this? first off to do a strategy like this against a fist BM is just lol and for a BM to loose against that is just even more pitiful and way beyond words.

its like hitting a pro boxer with a pillow and the boxer looses his balances and falls and gets a down cuz of it a pillow hit him. its just fail.

i think my magic cat has something to say about this:

ffwwwwwwwwwwfffffffffffffffffffgggggggggggggggggggghaebaebbbbbbbmmmmmmmmmmmmmppppp

translation:

lol noobs
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol beating a bm in a dual is really not hard since u have all the time in the world and can sue ur debuffs and things....but the problem lies in the charm.
    pk is not a duel and the HA gives the barbs and bms enough Deff so u won'T kill them in the next 9sec before the charm ticks(ofc thats not always true but its common). and second.....a good bm will have u stunned in matter of sec and i hate roar of pride.....if u don't have the genieskill u will be doomed faster than u think(yeah ofc u have tidal protection but it doesn'T work always).i dueled bms aswell and its really not that hard.....but charmed .....well really hard i'd say
  • Kilnox - Harshlands
    Kilnox - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    QQbirds
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh love it b:victory
  • XprofitX - Lost City
    XprofitX - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol beating a bm in a dual is really not hard since u have all the time in the world and can sue ur debuffs and things....but the problem lies in the charm.
    pk is not a duel and the HA gives the barbs and bms enough Deff so u won'T kill them in the next 9sec before the charm ticks(ofc thats not always true but its common). and second.....a good bm will have u stunned in matter of sec and i hate roar of pride.....if u don't have the genieskill u will be doomed faster than u think(yeah ofc u have tidal protection but it doesn'T work always).i dueled bms aswell and its really not that hard.....but charmed .....well really hard i'd say

im only lvl 59 and w/o my trancendant skills and i took out a charmed lvl 66 bm in 4 shot w/ wolf emblem active my crits ate his hp faster than a fat kid in an eating contest ^^ ....ijs but also agreed no class truly shines till upper 7x-8x so we will see when we get there ^^b:victory
  • XprofitX - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    and also about the stun lock thing if our stealth exceeds the bms or barbs lvl all we need to do is sleep/silence/headhunt/spark/then repeat with a couple other skills to allow for cooldowns and stealth before the bm/barb stuns and they lose their target b:laugh

as long we are in the same lvl range it all depends on how u play ur char

sry wrong order lol silence then sleep
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Duels prove nothing.

/thread

^(o.o)
    this

well if this be a thread on how one class beat another class they be naturally disadvantaged to.....
    me 1-3 shot two different similarly leveled assassins in duels
    me 1 shot a 10 level lower assassin in a duel
    me also 1-4 shot archers in duels

b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaphireDemon - Lost City
    SaphireDemon - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lame tactic bro

as a 8X i was attacked by a 8X Axe bm pk style
    sadly all we did was tick each other charms for 2 full minutes
    so we just went our seperate ways b:bye

saddest thing is that my highest dmg on him was 2,5k crit... from a genie xD
    but gotta love when they use phy marrow and let the genie r*pe them b:chuckle
    Angel BEGONE!! b:angry

The Devil has my ear today b:pleased
  • Oscar_Mord - Lost City
    Oscar_Mord - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    no bm but noob will use marrow in pvp we all knew off genie so that is fail also a good bm is not pure axe bm so we wont miss ever ad with pole and bleed u can try 2 stealth and reaper when bleed is on effect.
    1 shoot afterwards.
    srry but this thread is stupid only dumb wanabe barbs go pure axe_vit
    pro go multy path meaning great acc also meaning we HIT ur ****.

but continue ur dumb thread off how fail axe bm do cos they are fail alredy nothing proven beating themb:victory
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Give me some punctuation, fix the words ur and cos, and I'll reconsider your post...

(Grammar **** Mode Off)

I see the thread, I read the thread, and somehow only the grammar peeve gets a post *facepalm*

Most of a sins skills are at their peak early on in the game, there is a substantial drop off as you near the higher end. For the OP (think that's opening poster I have no idea) the general point here is that people complain about losing to HA classes in PVP due to charms not because they are difficult in duels.

@Hammy, damn you wizzies and your leet skills. Tried to poke abysm yesterday, chop chop chop, oooh this is going good, slap "Abysm hits you for 6,680 damage" ....
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Well, perhaps we'll get something for our 79 skills that aids us in defeating them.

Because right now seems like you have to fluke the win then.

The BM I beat was axe user.

Charms are just dodgy, I basically don't count losing to someone with a charm as a loss. ._.
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cool story bro.. now GTFO
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Jealous? ._.
  • Seanzo - Sanctuary
    Seanzo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well all classes don't get their full potential until level 60+.
    Seanzo - lvl 65 Blade Master

AltiarII - lvl 25 Assassin
  • XprofitX - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    ^(o.o)
    this

well if this be a thread on how one class beat another class they be naturally disadvantaged to.....
    me 1-3 shot two different similarly leveled assassins in duels
    me 1 shot a 10 level lower assassin in a duel
    me also 1-4 shot archers in duels

b:chuckle

um hamsta granted u 1 shotted my lvl 65 archer do u not remember me 1 shotting u in nightscream isle or w/e its called in dreamweaver port with a lazily executed barrage of arrows? LOL 1 shotting someone 20+ lvls lower than u doesnt make u an expert in beating a class ur gimped too ^^ ijs.b:laugh
  • XprofitX - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    no bm but noob will use marrow in pvp we all knew off genie so that is fail also a good bm is not pure axe bm so we wont miss ever ad with pole and bleed u can try 2 stealth and reaper when bleed is on effect.
    1 shoot afterwards.
    srry but this thread is stupid only dumb wanabe barbs go pure axe_vit
    pro go multy path meaning great acc also meaning we HIT ur ****.

but continue ur dumb thread off how fail axe bm do cos they are fail alredy nothing proven beating themb:victory

Speaking of fail classes and chars LOL look who it is.The ONLY LA barb on the lost city server if that doesnt spell failure i dnt know what does anymore LOLb:chuckle