TT mat prices already starting to crash...

Michael_Dark - Lost City
Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
...in anticipation of the 2x event for 2 weeks.

Sadly, the best and really only way to make money in-game that doesn't involve merchanting is going to die. Bikini vent was killed, cat/pig prices haven't recovered, tokens = cheap chips = gold mats devalued. High gold prices + TT mat price crash = bigger need to charge zhen.

Prices have already dropped about 50% on TT90 mats, with the exception of GBA and Antenna, which has taken about a 25-30% hit. It took over a month and a half for TT mat prices to stabilize on LC after 2 2x weekends, and it looks as if they're going to give it to us for 2 full weeks. In a sense that's nice as people will have an easier time farming their gear. The only people who will earn coin will be the 24/7 TT farmers who multi-client and the people who run 1-2 instances per day for some coin on the side will be stuck with mats for months.

Also, prepare to welcome the server's first lvl 103-105 characters, who will get there with the 5 free levels they're giving away. I certainly hope they decide to only give those 5 free levels to people under lvl 95, otherwise there's probably going to be a lot of people moving on to greener pastures.

Well, the players of PWI will win. Looks like everyone will need to be charging zhen soon, and that benefits everyone.... I guess. b:surrender
I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
Post edited by Michael_Dark - Lost City on

Comments

• Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    how many more do they need for 50k fans?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    me don't know about you but me will laugh when some level 20 or something gets the 5 free level.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PandaTheWise - Sanctuary
    PandaTheWise - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    We still have another week and need 5k more people.
    Hell, we may not make it.
    Honestly, I hope we don't.
    Way too many people will be a high level.
    You'll see people who were recently level 40, wanting to join TW factions and not know what they're doing.
    People will get a lot of TT mats (Especially those pesky veno's with their hercs) and then sell them when TT mat prices finally recover.
    2x for 2 weeks really wont help this game at all in my opinion.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would welcome lower TT mats. It abnormally high TT 99 gold mats. Price for TT 99 armor is 2x7M+8x3M+TT90 green soul+ substances = at least 38M just for armor, where are pants, sleeves etc?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i really dont want that 2 weeks its just gonna be a to big impact on the economy off the game as well as making people level to fast causing even more noobs
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i really dont want that 2 weeks its just gonna be a to big impact on the economy off the game as well as making people level to fast causing even more noobs

me see nothing wrong with people leveling fast....
    it be when they level TOO fast (ALONE against teh same one mob for hours) that be a problem.
    and since it just be double exp and such they just has to grind more.
    and hopefully the double drop makes them go into TT runs more and learn a bit more about squads.

and don't be hating noobs.
    ._.'
    me happen to run on noob power. b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    tbh the game is already ruined with the new bh system. i mean things are still fun, but now everything before 90 is a joke, and a mad rush.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Im glad the mats are gonna be cheap, I can perhaps aim for multiple end-game weapons. Im not a cashshopper, but from my perspective, TT isnt the only source for money.

I can make money though farming herbs and mats and make good out of it.

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • arkaria
    arkaria Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You guys are lucky that mat prices are lower. In the other version of this game that I play on, the gold mat that drops from the last boss in 2-3 is worth 90-100million gold.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Sadly, the best and really only way to make money in-game that doesn't involve merchanting is going to die. Bikini vent was killed, cat/pig prices haven't recovered, tokens = cheap chips = gold mats devalued. High gold prices + TT mat price crash = bigger need to charge zhen.
    Rubbish.

As has been explained 100x before, both merchants (like me) and farmers (like you) do nothing but pass coins amongst players. Only grinders actually bring more coins into the game.

So to claim that "sadly" one particular way of one person taking money from another is "dying" is just your own self-interest masquerading as concern.

Meanwhile, the grinders who actually do all the work of wealth generation in the game's economy are going to get a bigger piece of the pie for their efforts, plus they'll get better prices on farmed mats. I'm perfectly happy with them getting a bigger share.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would welcome lower TT mats. It abnormally high TT 99 gold mats. Price for TT 99 armor is 2x7M+8x3M+TT90 green soul+ substances = at least 38M just for armor, where are pants, sleeves etc?

^^ This

And thats cheap lol. My TT99 chest needs two Illusion Stones, cheapest Ive seen them for is 30mil EACH

So I welcome x2 drops since it will allow me to :

A) Run TT's for mats I need and have a good chance of getting them

B ) Make the mats im not lucky enough to get cheaper.

If this upsets " TT farmers " then tough the game isnt just about them and my wallet comes before theirs
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Doesnt matter either for me. Can get cheaper (too lazy to farm my own mats even though Im a herc veno) mats for my TT90. Or, I can run some FCC for some nice exp.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Rubbish.

As has been explained 100x before, both merchants (like me) and farmers (like you) do nothing but pass coins amongst players. Only grinders actually bring more coins into the game.

So to claim that "sadly" one particular way of one person taking money from another is "dying" is just your own self-interest masquerading as concern.

Meanwhile, the grinders who actually do all the work of wealth generation in the game's economy are going to get a bigger piece of the pie for their efforts, plus they'll get better prices on farmed mats. I'm perfectly happy with them getting a bigger share.

lol grinders. How much money can you make in 1 hr of grinding? 150k? Maybe 250k? Perfect tokens of best luck introduced hundreds of millions of coin into the system... I know one user who had over 70. >.> If there were a *ton* of 1st time new users on PWI I would agree, but most TB alts haven't even been picking up loot, and easily half of the tideborn you see are someone's alts. Grinding was at one point the biggest source of in-game coin, but that died ages ago.

I'm sure there is more in-game coin being manufactured from oracles and the annipack events than there has been from grinding.

And yeah, of course you don't care. All you do is buy low/sell high and run a dedicated client 24/7 to sell stuff, so I can see why you don't care about anyone but yourself. :P
    edited January 2010
    ^^ This

And thats cheap lol. My TT99 chest needs two Illusion Stones, cheapest Ive seen them for is 30mil EACH

If this upsets " TT farmers " then tough the game isnt just about them and my wallet comes before theirs
    I need also 2x illusion stones. Check AH there are for 7M each. I don't have access to game but I will check it again to make sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    ^^ This

TT99 prices won't see any drop. They're hard enough to come by that everyone who still needs them, will still need them. And at 800+ mysterious chips and +18m, if you can find them for 30m ea, you're doing good.

TT farmers won't be upset. They'll be stockpiling all their alts and merch accounts and wait 3 months for prices to go back up. It's the people who run TT for a little side coin that'll be hurt. The TT farmers will love this event.
    edited January 2010
    I need also 2x illusion stones. Check AH there are for 7M each.

I will check but sure your not thinking of Illusion lord stones ? Which are used for 99 weapons and are about 7mil
    edited January 2010
    I will check but sure your not thinking of Illusion lord stones ? Which are used for 99 weapons and are about 7mil
    You confused me. I'm not sure now.b:cute
    Then it would be even worse.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010

I'm pretty sure he's thinking of Illusion Lord's Stone, the weapon mat, not Illusions Stone, the chest mat.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    lol grinders. How much money can you make in 1 hr of grinding? 150k? Maybe 250k? Perfect tokens of best luck introduced hundreds of millions of coin into the system... I know one user who had over 70. >.> If there were a *ton* of 1st time new users on PWI I would agree, but most TB alts haven't even been picking up loot, and easily half of the tideborn you see are someone's alts. Grinding was at one point the biggest source of in-game coin, but that died ages ago.

I'm sure there is more in-game coin being manufactured from oracles and the annipack events than there has been from grinding.

And yeah, of course you don't care. All you do is buy low/sell high and run a dedicated client 24/7 to sell stuff, so I can see why you don't care about anyone but yourself. :P

dont forget that 100+ bh gives coin rewards now
    edited January 2010
    TT99 prices won't see any drop. They're hard enough to come by that everyone who still needs them, will still need them. And at 800+ mysterious chips and +18m, if you can find them for 30m ea, you're doing good.

Cheapest Ive seen is 30mil but they usually average 40-50mil and that alone is a good enough reason for x2 drops.
    It gives me a chance to farm my own without having to pay some greedy **** over $200 worth of GC for 2 mats.

So yeah for me and alot of players x2 drops is good
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Prices have already dropped about 50% on TT90 mats, with the exception of GBA and Antenna, which has taken about a 25-30% hit. It took over a month and a half for TT mat prices to stabilize on LC after 2 2x weekends, and it looks as if they're going to give it to us for 2 full weeks. In a sense that's nice as people will have an easier time farming their gear. The only people who will earn coin will be the 24/7 TT farmers who multi-client and the people who run 1-2 instances per day for some coin on the side will be stuck with mats for months.

Also, prepare to welcome the server's first lvl 103-105 characters, who will get there with the 5 free levels they're giving away. I certainly hope they decide to only give those 5 free levels to people under lvl 95, otherwise there's probably going to be a lot of people moving on to greener pastures.

Well, the players of PWI will win. Looks like everyone will need to be charging zhen soon, and that benefits everyone.... I guess. b:surrender
    What do u mean? there are tons of player in the facebook group who are less than lvl 95 ........................b:shutup
    LOL QQ thread much?b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
    edited January 2010
    What do u mean? there are tons of player in the facebook group who are less than lvl 95 ........................b:shutup
    LOL QQ thread much?b:chuckle

Not QQing at all. Just stating that there is a relatively good chance that we'll see the first lvl 103-105 player because of this. ijs

As for the 2x drops, the only thing it really does to me me is that I'll most likely have to charge zhen for coin instead of earning it in game until the prices recover. I'm currently helping a friend farm their 90 gear, so the 2x drop *will* be nice for us, since she can't afford the mats otherwise.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    How many times do I have to plead, "guilty as charged" before people stop thinking they're insulting me by pointing out the obvious? b:laugh

Well, no... actually, it's not that I don't care about others having fun. I'm happy to see people playing the game and having a good time.

In fact, that's how I make my vast fortunes in the game. I buy from grinders/producers for slightly more than my competition does, thus making them happy. I then sell to consumers for slightly less than my competition does, thus making them happy again.

But my actions almost definitely upset the competition, who then probably go on the forums and lament about how the game is dying because they can't milk the masses for as much money as they used to be able to. I don't know why they complain so much, but you're right, I don't care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    QQthread is QQ. there is nothing wrong with TT prices dropping, its absolutely ludicrous that my chest armor is around 80-100m at 99. the only reason gold is ridiculously high is because peopl are willing to pay stupid prices.
    But my actions almost definitely upset the competition, who then probably go on the forums and lament about how the game is dying because they can't milk the masses for as much money as they used to be able to. I don't know why they complain so much
    this is the sad truth about PW forums.

B F'ING DEAL Q_____Q; I CANT SELL MY TT DROPS AT A HIGH PRICE, IM SAD NOW. TT gear should be avaliable to anyone who wants it the legit way, not just those who've been milking the economy or playing for ages.
    edited January 2010
    QQthread is QQ. there is nothing wrong with TT prices dropping, its absolutely ludicrous that my chest armor is around 80-100m at 99. the only reason gold is ridiculously high is because peopl are willing to pay stupid prices.

this is the sad truth about PW forums.

B F'ING DEAL Q_____Q; I CANT SELL MY TT DROPS AT A HIGH PRICE, IM SAD NOW. TT gear should be avaliable to anyone who wants it the legit way, not just those who've been milking the economy or playing for ages.

lol nofactor says what? Post your main or GTFO (go to final oath)? b:chuckle

Honestly, you're QQing more in one post than I have in this whole thread. Ironic, huh? lol Illusion Stone is 840 chips + 18m coin. 756 tokens @ 21k per token = 15.8m. 18m + 15.8m = 33.8m. If you BH100 and Cube every day, you'd have a nice stash of chips already saved up, making it even cheaper. I don't see how you're doing your math, but you clearly fail.

BTW, if you've ever run 3-3, you'd know that you get one chest mat per how many runs? Seems to average maybe 1 Illusion Stone ever 8-12 runs or so. If the whole group were just going to dedicate runs only for you, that'd be at least a few charms and dolls per run unless you have an ep with lvl 11 rez... but anyone who would farm you those mats would also most likely need it themselves, so the cost of farming these mats + time spent farming at normal drop rate for a whole party, your money is almost better spent just buying tokens for chips and spending the coin for it.

lol too funny.
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    nop ur right,u need 2 illusion stones like everyone else whos farming 99 gear,all need same mats.
    i farm hh every day but i am not happy with this event,prices gonna go down alot and its gonna take months to recover.

arkaria wrote: »
    You guys are lucky that mat prices are lower. In the other version of this game that I play on, the gold mat that drops from the last boss in 2-3 is worth 90-100million gold.

i disagree.
    all hh mats gonna become cheap BESIDES hh99 mats and 2-3 from last boss,and thats because
    not many ppl can finish that boss or open 3-3.
    those mats arent so expensive cuz they drop rarely,they are most expensive cuz not many people can do those bosses,which is why those mats will keep same price as now if thats the reason why u all support this event.
    also,thats the reason why on ur server is mat worth that much,cuz theres not many people who can finish this boss,since drop rate is same in all servers.but all other mats gonna be atleast twice cheaper because everyone will be loaded with same mats,and they gonna put lower price by them self to sell it faster,but it wont effect belials price of gold mat or hh99 mats.
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    its called i play sanctuary, and it runs a completely different price scale should i want to buy the mats piece by piece as i come into funds. not everyone has money to cube daily, or groups to dedicate runs for me. if i want my TT **** i have 2 options, buy it or farm it one mat at a time.

yes, because every **** at 100 is loaded to the brim with coin, and can afford to do things your way, right? i can name a number of my acquiantances who just stick with the 90/anni pack stuff and only get the 99 weapon due to it being simply out of reach the way you describe.

take your mat price whining elsewhere, ****.
    edited January 2010
    its called i play sanctuary, and it runs a completely different price scale should i want to buy the mats piece by piece as i come into funds. not everyone has money to cube daily, or groups to dedicate runs for me. if i want my TT **** i have 2 options, buy it or farm it one mat at a time.

yes, because every **** at 100 is loaded to the brim with coin, and can afford to do things your way, right? i can name a number of my acquiantances who just stick with the 90/anni pack stuff and only get the 99 weapon due to it being simply out of reach the way you describe.

take your mat price whining elsewhere, ****.

I'm not whining, you are about your mat prices. I've already stated, instead of farming 3-1 a few times a week I'll just spend another $20 when I go broke. Silly me for posting a thread about the in-game economy crashing. b:bye
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010

whinewhinewhinewhineqqqqqqqqqq
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i can understand why people complain of price hh99 mats but those prices are that way with a reason,
    and that reason is not low drop rate.2x event wont make those mats go down.
    if u wanna find out why,find ur self a party and try do atleast 1 run in 3-3,and prepare ur self to be for hours in there.