Teleporting Costs

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There is no costs related on it but it would not take you long to print it out and have your prices hand written along the lines for your own reference.

If you do that, methinks you're taking PWI a LITTLE too seriously...

b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So are you saying that having a binder with spreadsheets of every quest made out per race and lvl 20 afterwards so it can be easily grabbed for reference to seriouzzz?? b:sad

Kowtows to Troll master.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
    edited January 2010
    So are you saying that having a binder with spreadsheets of every quest made out per race and lvl 20 afterwards so it can be easily grabbed for reference to seriouzzz?? b:sad

Kowtows to Troll master.

PWI: SRS BSNS

b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Rheic - Dreamweaver
    Rheic - Dreamweaver Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Kowtows to Troll master.

Now where we would need a binder with spreadsheets? Or a printer for that matter? PWI working=internet working.
    Who needs a sig anyways?
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Usually that would work.

My PC does not like me running too many things even considering I play the game on its lowest settings.

Switching the game back and forth to EI drags my PC.
  • Rheic - Dreamweaver
    Rheic - Dreamweaver Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If that's an issue you could always keep a folder for your PWI related stuff on your comp. Pics and notepad shouldn't give that kind of issues.
    Who needs a sig anyways?
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    *runs off of Forums b:cry

This guys is trying to make me do things more effective.

Cheers. My last post, weekend here we come!!!!
    edited January 2010
    *runs off of Forums b:cry

This guys is trying to make me do things more effective.

Cheers. My last post, weekend here we come!!!!

You'll come back. They ALL come back.

b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Funny how everyone always yes to devs to make a coinsink, and than want the current coinsink removed.

Seriusly dude, you rather have constand inflation like they had it in post war germany? You know, a sandwich costing 1mil on one day, than 2mil on the next, than 4mil, than 8mil, ect.
    That's what will probably happen here if we lose all ways of coin sink. 'We'v SEEN it happen with chests of coins and tenmil bignotes from tokens of best luck.

Take your pick. Either you fly costing you the coin you would have made grinding, or be lazy and teleport saving time you can grind, or mix it for maxium efficiancy (which takes some brains)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Seriusly dude, you rather have constand inflation like they had it in post war germany? You know, a sandwich costing 1mil on one day, than 2mil on the next, than 4mil, than 8mil, ect.

WTB> 8 mil sammich.
    b:dirty
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    WTB> 8 mil sammich.

That sandwich better be filled with lunar rings or something.

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    WTB> 8 mil sammich.

11111907048.jpg
    May I suggest our top desert sir?
    Only 25.000 dollars

EDIT: img tags don't work here?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I fly all the time, not because I think its fun or anything just because it is free. I often auto path and then sit down and read my book. All this flying have taken me through 281 pages in the book which I only read while flying.

I don't care much about teleporting, but I can understand the topic starter. Pwi is more about money than it is a game since to many of the players are to greedy. Everything costs a 1mil today so putting money in teleporting is rich mans luxury.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
    edited January 2010
    I Auto-path and play my PSP...or do homework...or sleep.

It's all about how you use that downtime that decides if it's worth it or not. It always is for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if they reduced the price of tele by 1 WHOLE 0 at the end, the price of mounts and aeros, ESPECIALLY aeros, will plummet.

thats what they are FOR: for lazies. if ur REALLY lazy, just pay for teleport. see the pattern? pwi doesnt like laziesb:chuckle
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    heres how i look at it:
    The money price for teleporting < Time i lose by flying when i could be grinding for $
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Funny how everyone always yes to devs to make a coinsink, and than want the current coinsink removed.

This was exactly what I was thinking. Everyone complains that there aren't enough coinsinks, then I see threads like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I support the idea. The game's economy is **** as it is. We might as well save money somewhere in this game without taking forever auto-pathing somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agree the pricez shud be lowered, but u have to walk to a place's teleport master to get that place added. Thatz the point... u have to work for luxuriez... duhh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's a money sink. The prices are fine as they are.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You do not have to use the teleporter, it is more a matter of convenience.

There is a fly and auto-path feature b:surrender

Well, no offense, but you are an elf, which means you've been able to fly since level 1. The rest of us pay millions just by teleporting before level 30, and there are a LOT of quests that require us to go trekking halfway across the map. And...well, walking/swimming isn't fun. It's slow, time consuming, and there are times where you have to run through flocks of monsters thirty levels higher than you. b:surrender

So I agree with lowering the prices, at least for us who must run everywhere. We don't even make that much money in lower levels unless we spam the hell out of the cash shop early on and sell for coins.
  • Kinrest - Sanctuary
    Kinrest - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Pay for convenience. Its the exact same in real life. You can cook your own food for a low cost, or you can be lazy and order take out/delivery/dine out for a cost.

What grinds my gears: People that insist to fly on their slow 0.5m/s to and from Head Hunter to BH69. Just use some teleports people, dont make your entire squad wait for you to save 10k.

First off, as someone (>_>) said earlier, PW and RL should not be compared. Most of us play this to escape the RL hectic-ness.

Secondly, maybe at lvl 69 you're all rich, but I know sometimes money can be a little tight, and so I will fly everywhere on my slow .5m/s mount, because that's the only one I have. There's no way I'd be able to afford buying a mount in-game anytime soon, and well CS isn't an option either.

I fully support the lowering of teleport costs! b:surrender
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well, no offense, but you are an elf, which means you've been able to fly since level 1. The rest of us pay millions just by teleporting before level 30, and there are a LOT of quests that require us to go trekking halfway across the map. And...well, walking/swimming isn't fun. It's slow, time consuming, and there are times where you have to run through flocks of monsters thirty levels higher than you. b:surrender

So I agree with lowering the prices, at least for us who must run everywhere. We don't even make that much money in lower levels unless we spam the hell out of the cash shop early on and sell for coins.

FYI --> This is not my only Character and not the only class I have played. K thx and bai b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I have a BM and a wiz. I ran everywhere pre-30 and flew everywhere post-30 on my 0.5m/s mount for another 50 levels. That included 2 hour world quests.

Teleporting is a luxury. You use it if you can afford it, and fly if you can't or don't want to. It's that simple. There's no point playing a game if you want to fast track wherever you want to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niteshadow - Dreamweaver
    Niteshadow - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    20.5k for 4 tele's pretty much sums this up.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    First off, as someone (>_>) said earlier, PW and RL should not be compared. Most of us play this to escape the RL hectic-ness.

Secondly, maybe at lvl 69 you're all rich, but I know sometimes money can be a little tight, and so I will fly everywhere on my slow .5m/s mount, because that's the only one I have. There's no way I'd be able to afford buying a mount in-game anytime soon, and well CS isn't an option either.

I fully support the lowering of teleport costs! b:surrender
    Welcome to reality. PWI is no different.

You do not understand how frustrating it is waiting for a bh squad member. The rest of the squad teleports in, while you fly, taking up 10 minutes of everyone's time. And, you do this multiple times, to leave and re-enter the instance for multiple BH's.

I remember squading with a particular barb. Me and other members arrived at the bh79 (unwined styg run). This greedy **** barb flies all the from archosaur to bh79, and arrives right when we get to the boss. See how unfair that is? He spents nothing, does nothing, and gets everything. Go fly when you're not squading with others. When you're in a squad like bh, think of others.

20.5k for 4 tele's pretty much sums this up.
    Um... teleport vs teleacustic.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Millions? I just recently leveled a character from 1-30 and the only time you HAVE to teleport (still don't have to, but it's difficult) is from your home city to the other home cities and then to arch at level...19 I think? Under 30 I would only use teleports to Etherblade, Plume, Lost City, and Arch. With the lack of quests requiring that, I highly doubt the 1k home teleports + 8k arch teleports add up to millions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • trogers2
    trogers2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agree with this thread, you can easily spend over 30k on teles just to help out a friend who happens to be half way across the map. Then another 30k to get back to where you were.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    trogers2 wrote: »
    I agree with this thread, you can easily spend over 30k on teles just to help out a friend who happens to be half way across the map. Then another 30k to get back to where you were.

Or you can be economical about it and tele for 1k to a major city, then 200 coins to a nearby village if it gets you any closer, and then fly the rest of the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Teleport price is ok, it still fair price.

But, yeah . . . i rather teleport rather waiting my aerocraft or mount travel. b:surrender
    Time is precious, but teleport is a coin sink too.

Imagine if it become cheaper :
    (pvp) Many will teleport to avoid pk.
    (pve) PWI get less income from mount and aerocraft sales, because everyone teleport.
    (inrl) I can't leave my character afk travel anymore because of cheap teleport, make me keep sit watching my pc monitor. b:shocked (lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...