How do you get an off-color clothing item?

Options
Maji - Dreamweaver
Maji - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
ok, just something thats been buggin me. b:question

ever notice those clothing items... that are not truly 100% of a color? such as those black-ish shoes or pants or whatever that are black, but theyre not REALLY black? theyre lighter than the true black ones, but theyre not quite gray? theyre somewhere in between?

how do you get clothes that are that color? do you use, for example, if it takes 4 dyes, 3 black ones and 1 gray? how do they become an *off* color? b:puzzled
Post edited by Maji - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i think that happens when u use random dyes u get not pure colors while using the normal color ones "pigments" becomes "pure" black for example.
    At least that what happened to my boots with random dyes became black but not pure black as my yule dress o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Those are colors you can only get thru random dyes. You can not buy the dyes to get them. In theory they'd be worth more b/c they are "unbuyable" colors. But for some reason they aren't.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Those are colors you can only get thru random dyes. You can not buy the dyes to get them. In theory they'd be worth more b/c they are "unbuyable" colors. But for some reason they aren't.

because them colors look weird.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    because them colors look weird.

so does your hair colour b:chuckle
    edited January 2010
    Options

b:shedtear
    ._.'

they didn't has me natural "hair" color of light brown with streaks of white and black.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PandaTheWise - Sanctuary
    PandaTheWise - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Nice burn there!
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Depends on the color. I love Dark Reds and appareantly so does half the server. Most nice dark reds go for the same price or even more as a true black dyed peice of clothing.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:surrender I'm not sure.

I used random dyes and I call colors that you can't get from dyes "fake ____ (color)"

I have fake black and real black in-game so yeah....

This is an interesting topic tbh b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't know why so many people in this game likes it, but the true black in this game looks HORRIBLE. It makes the clothes look so dark, has no texture or detail to it. Just looks like a blotch of ink. Looks 2D even.
    Belligero
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't know why so many people in this game likes it, but the true black in this game looks HORRIBLE. It makes the clothes look so dark, has no texture or detail to it. Just looks like a blotch of ink. Looks 2D even.

b:chuckle
    well me suppose teh like the concept of pure black.
    b:chuckle
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Agreed. True black looks horrible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I agree with this totally. When I try for black I'm actually trying for a shade or two lighter so that any highlights, folds etc of clothing show up. There are a very few pieces of fashion that can hold true black well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy