Pvp Cleric

Options
Mericre - Harshlands
Mericre - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cleric
I really dont know why I keep dying so fast while pking classes same my own level, even low level assassin and barbarian can kill me. So, is it just me that's very fragile like this? Will cleric be stronger at endgame just like wizards or are we stuck like this?

Please give me tips to what I should do
Post edited by Mericre - Harshlands on

Comments

• TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well, Clerics require some brain to use.

With my Cleric I've been able to defeat heaps of dudes in duels, it's probably my favourite class for battling other people with..

Did you try using Plume Shield?
    ..and healing?

Try sleeping the enemy and then debuffing them with the appropriate seal, and then chucking a few Ironhearts on yourself and hitting them with the appropriate move or something.

My Cleric isn't quite high enough to be able to pull all that off, but yeah, I assume that's the general idea, if you can sleep the enemy you should be set..
  • __Hysteria__ - Lost City
    __Hysteria__ - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if your talking pvp and not duels, are you sparking? so far when sparked ive had no problem beating my lvl and even 6 or 7 higher, see what ur opponents armor is and use the element that fits the weakest link (if weak to magic use ur metal attacks, if weak to phys use ur phys attacks)
  • Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I really dont know why I keep dying so fast while pking classes same my own level, even low level assassin and barbarian can kill me. So, is it just me that's very fragile like this? Will cleric be stronger at endgame just like wizards or are we stuck like this?

Sounds like you have very low hp. More hp will allow you to last longer and give you more reaction time when ganked or 1v1 pvp. Trying finding gear with hp/vit/pdef bonuses and put citrine shards in your gear when you can. It always helps to stat vit as well.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Looks like I have the same problem as you, Mericre. Most classes I've dueled with, like BMs and Archers, can kill me in under 5 seconds. Even with plume shell and spamming ironheart on myself. Doesn't help that whenever I'm in a squad with more than one cleric, I'm often the one with the least amount of hp. b:sad

I'm trying to cap my vit at 50 and get my hands on more garnet and citrine shards though. Still wondering if even then, I can get in any duel without dying almost instantly, too soon to make use of any of my skills. =(
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Holy_Justice - Heavens Tear
    Holy_Justice - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Whats a Build for Hybrid cleric
    "Want Me To Sing You Too Sleep"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Whats a Build for Hybrid cleric

usually 2 vit, 1 str, 7 mag every 2 levels

capping vit around 50-75
  • Holy_Justice - Heavens Tear
    Holy_Justice - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    usually 2 vit, 1 str, 7 mag every 2 levels

capping vit around 50-75
    so i would raise 1str 9magic after capping vit
    "Want Me To Sing You Too Sleep"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so i would raise 1str 9magic after capping vit

pretty much
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wait till 90+.. archers hit even harder and kill even easier b:surrender
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what is the cap for str
    b:victory
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

I think around your kind of level, cleric probably isnt the best class to pk with anyway. If you're playing typically you might not have the spirit/coins to level your sleep/seals. These can help at higher level.

+1 @ what balkas said.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Looks like I have the same problem as you, Mericre. Most classes I've dueled with, like BMs and Archers, can kill me in under 5 seconds. Even with plume shell and spamming ironheart on myself. Doesn't help that whenever I'm in a squad with more than one cleric, I'm often the one with the least amount of hp. b:sad

I'm trying to cap my vit at 50 and get my hands on more garnet and citrine shards though. Still wondering if even then, I can get in any duel without dying almost instantly, too soon to make use of any of my skills. =(

Yeh i can be quite disheartening but the more you practice, the more you improve. Once you get the hang of a few tricks you should be able to have a good chance.

Cast iron heart on yourself before duel starts is a good tactic (using sleep at start of duel to start healing yourself is something to avoid). Save your sleep skill till later in duel when you've started to lose to buy you time to cast heals. Use plumeshell as late as possible for when those IH start to fade. Normally all this should give you enough time to have a good chance of winning.

If you want to be sneaky and you're dueling outside SZ try debuff then purify yourself before duel. Maybe even attack a split second before duel starts- they probably wont even notice! b:mischievous
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

dont worry u will time by time better if u see the dmg, later u can 1 hit a archer :P

wait till 90 and you will see how raising ur dmg :)

(and yes u will stronger like[like but i cant say same] wizard but depend on eq too)
  • arkaria
    arkaria Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't mind me popping into this thread.

I'm noticing a trend in this version of PW, in the form of people thinking that a cleric with over 50 vit is a bad thing. In a different version of this game, I have a base vitality of 124, int of 294, dex 5, and strength 52.

That's at lvl 92 and not including what my gear adds.

With gear this build leaves me with almost 8k MP, over 4k HP(unbuffed). I've been able to hold my own against Barbarians 8-10 levels above me without much of a problem. Of course my cleric is a pk build.

There's not much of a difference between a "support" cleric and an "attack" cleric. The only real difference is that the attack cleric can actually hold their own against other players. Just because you have over 100 con does not mean that you can't still heal your party members in dungeons/while killing bosses to farm mats in Holy Hall(or Twilight hall I think you call it here?)

I would only recommend a cleric goes pure magic if they are lvl 90+ can afford at least +5 on their armor and adds HP stones. Ideally a pure mag cleric should have +8 refines on their 9x armor.

p.s. at 90 make sure you get green armor. The only 9x gold EQ you should get is the wrist for -% casting time, and maybe the boots.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    arkaria wrote: »
    I'm noticing a trend in this version of PW, in the form of people thinking that a cleric with over 50 vit is a bad thing.

meh, nobody ever sed that m8
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • arkaria
    arkaria Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    meh, nobody ever sed that m8

Almost every thread that I've looked at pertaining to cleric builds seems to be implying that a cleric shouldn't have more than 50-70vit.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    arkaria wrote: »
    Almost every thread that I've looked at pertaining to cleric builds seems to be implying that a cleric shouldn't have more than 50-70vit.

They can have as much as they want tbh....it is how you want to play and what you are doing in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous