I hate Cyannair Specters!

Belligero - Sanctuary
Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
So I was on the last book of WQ, I skipped from Book 27 --> Book 30, so I immediately autopathed to Merchant Chin Le, then set my gradual altitude to 78. Then I afked.

Came back, and apparently I was dead, floating at 78 right above the Merchant. I was confused, so I scrolled up through all the World Chat...

Turns out I aggroed a couple of Cyannair Specters which pursued me all the way to 1k, and then managed to kill me. b:angry

Freaking ****.

Still ashamed I died by a couple of level 45 Mobs. b:surrender
Belligero
Post edited by Belligero - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Those lvl 45 mobs are elite mobs. They should be labelled lvl 80 mobs considering the damage and HP they have.

Nonetheless I would ashamed.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So I was on the last book of WQ, I skipped from Book 27 --> Book 30, so I immediately autopathed to Merchant Chin Le, then set my gradual altitude to 78. Then I afked.

Came back, and apparently I was dead, floating at 78 right above the Merchant. I was confused, so I scrolled up through all the World Chat...

Turns out I aggroed a couple of Cyannair Specters which pursued me all the way to 1k, and then managed to kill me. b:angry

Freaking ****.

LOL and you do realize they fight as some 7x mobs rightb:laugh
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    LOL and you do realize they fight as some 7x mobs rightb:laugh

actualy they have better def MUCH better def -.-
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yea, I do realize they are elite...

But they're freaking level 45 floating heads with a creepy laugh. :[
    Belligero
    edited January 2010
    Yea, I do realize they are elite...

But they're freaking level 45 floating heads with a creepy laugh. :[

they are like kun kun only they are very strong and kun kun is the weakest mob in the game
    though i like them they are evil
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Those lvl 45 mobs are elite mobs. They should be labelled lvl 80 mobs considering the damage and HP they have.

Nonetheless I would ashamed.

lol yes please do, at least you'd get some semi-decent xp off of killing them for that Wraith Ploy chain.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was aggroed by two of those today too. I was farming mats and thought "hey, those are easy". I got away, but it wasn't funny b:cry I never saw they were elite mobs. Now I know...
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    They are horrible little buggers. One time I was manually flying to Sanctuary and accidentally aggro'd few. Me not knowing what these buggers were really like, tried to shake them off because I felt too lazy to fight them off (which wouldn't have been a good idea anyway since I was only lvl 6x at the time). They chased me to all the way to the outskirts of Arch, and were just too bothersome so I decided to take them down. It was only like 3 of them, what can possibly go wrong?

You can probably guess what happens to a lvl 6x BM after confronting them in a group.

I almost cried when I got the /50 quest. Thankfully I was a much better BM then so I had little to no problems.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just a footnote: I'm not certain about 2.5 aeros, but I know +3 speed and better will simply outrun them. On Nikodemus they'd keep up and follow me forever (poor bird is only +2/+4), but if I switch to my manta (maxed Skymanta Shade, +3/+5), they give up after a while.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    They give up eventually on me when I am on my Israfel Upgraded 2.5.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I had a horrible moment with those... tried to run away from them by dropping out of the sky, and I happened to forget I was hovering right over where the plumpfish were.... multi-stunned and died a slow, horrible death x.x
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I just go swimming b:pleased
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Oh god, plumpfish. >_<; They're such horrible little beasts - way worse than cyanairs IMO b:surrender
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    agreed Q.Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
    edited January 2010
    Oh god, plumpfish. >_<; They're such horrible little beasts - way worse than cyanairs IMO b:surrender

yep they are probally the only normal mobs(non elite or having a boss agro me along with them) that actually managed to kill me by themselfs when i had quests for them and not once but a few times

• rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol was just reading that thread and saw on my other comp being chased by them.. b:cryb:angry
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    o you may hate them, but they sure love you! They just want to give you hugs...
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cyanair are ridiculous. I've honestly fought easier 9x mobs than cyanair, no joke.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Agreed >.> Evil lil buggers.
  • Asenath_ - Sanctuary
    Asenath_ - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I hate them too! Finally I was able to get a good laugh when I realized my 3.2 flyer outflies them.

Huggy Hares, however, are awful. Too fast, too ugly, too vicious. Too sentient too, cause they always seem to wanna hop near when I'm farming mats.
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I remember once high above 1K streams some flying AFKer (most likely WQing) was being chased by one of them. I killed it for him/her though. b:victory

Those annoying things will chase you until you or it is dead or they're completely out of range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Freaking ****.

2.5 and + flying gear will outrun them.
    anything under will make them follow you until you either kill them or they kill you. Another tactic is to fly at max range but check the landing option. They can't drop as fast as you so they will reset.
    Countless times I saved lowbies life at the merchant in 1k or at the vipions near Recluse (vol 13).

PS: and actually , being a metal mob, the quest I had at them was more than easy: DP-gush-P-gush-FoW-P-gush-P-gush-next. Truth is I did that quest in at 70, I was wearing my Acalanatha Wand.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There not such a problem to kill. Though still pritty though, nothing special. The problem is when you're flying afk :P.

The few times I had a charm on, I flew away from the brige WQ in sanc (eehm, 27 right?), afk to 30. Than I went to get a snack, eat it knowing I can't do anything anyway. When I'm done, I come back and see my charm on cooldown, and 50k emptyer than before (it was a freaking bronze charm). I check some more, and see 2 of them folowing me b:cry

Nowdays I make sure I get far away from them before I set to AFK flying. Just jump in the water and swim waaay down if they aggro me

And god yea, plumpfish. Even worse. Hurt like hell, and that seal is awefull (or was it stun? I've stayd faaaar away from them since my fac helped me kill them)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hmm....don't remember plumpfish problems, I remember the seal though, still they were easy kill...
    Was a long time ago when I did that quest and I'm getting old, so...lol, yeah :D

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerraYoshara - Heavens Tear
    SerraYoshara - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I AFKed around WQ book 26 to 29 jump. Came back and 100K was off my charm b:shocked

At least I didn't die and loose a GS b:pleased
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You dont have to outrun them or anything. Easiest way, get your altitude to 78 max as you travel, then when you reach the 78, just cancel flying and FALL. You can flick them off easily with that. Same from sanctuary town to book30 WQ, if you want to afk with them on your tail, make sure you click on the box in the auto path window that cancels your flying once u reach destination.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I vote we start a cross server club.

'Cyannair Haters FTW'

Those little punks, they freak me out.....Ive never seen a mob follow for such a long distance. They got some serious hate b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    this thread saved my charm a few mins ago lol

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I AFKed around WQ book 26 to 29 jump. Came back and 100K was off my charm b:shocked

At least I didn't die and loose a GS b:pleased

b:shocked that aint rly a good comparison....
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I dragged one on my cleric by mistake all the way to the HH in arch where it proceeded to first apparently kill me. When I came back there were 3 dead and the cyannair was finishing off some poor veno. Then it took out a barb. Then finally it settled on some poor cleric with a charm.

I had to switch to my bm, kill it before it destroyed the cleric's entire charm, hop back to my own cleric and shout for someone to come rez me and the other 5 afk'rs at height 78.

Funny though. I was under the impression agro reset after the mob lost it's target via death. b:surrender