Being a Healer is Awesome

SaintDominic - Sanctuary
SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cleric
I would love to say that im proud of being a healer. I decided to quit on my alt wizard and stay on my main cleric. I feel like my true purpose in life is to help aid people by healing of course. I love being around people who want me for heals and buffs. In real life i want to pursue in the medical field, which is why i chose to play cleric. Post your thoughts on this if you feel this way. b:thanksb:victory
Post edited by SaintDominic - Sanctuary on

Comments

• threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cool story bro.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would love to say that im proud of being a healer. I decided to quit on my alt wizard and stay on my main cleric. I feel like my true purpose in life is to help aid people by healing of course. I love being around people who want me for heals and buffs. In real life i want to pursue in the medical field, which is why i chose to play cleric. Post your thoughts on this if you feel this way. b:thanksb:victory

Wizzies can heal b:cry

And same for me overall, i play my cleric a lot for this reason ^_^
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I adore cleric for pretty much the same reasons, but with the additional fact that im an extremely strong soloist as much as a strong party-oriented character. My wizard, bless her, hasn't seen much play since getting my Cleric past level 30. I'm now level 50 with the majority of my skills maxed out (even that expensive one, Celestial Seal!) and I love it!

Team events are where the most fun is at though, and I love the chance to group with friends to take down a boss or two.
  • BananaMartyr - Raging Tide
    BananaMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Agreed...No matter what other character I'm playing, I always come across situations where I wish I was playing my cleric and I miss him :(...I don't get that with anybody else but my loveable healer X3 He always calls me back Haha

*Runs back online to level him more after reading this* *Tear of joy*
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    clerics abusing apo

*Tear of joy* b:shocked

apo anonymous anyone? b:surrender
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    clerics abusing apo

*Tear of joy* b:shocked

apo anonymous anyone? b:surrender

b:surrender yeah
    b:dirty
  • EternalGlow - Dreamweaver
    EternalGlow - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I use to always play mages/wizards in mmo's, but for some reason I decided to try playing a cleric... Love at first try b:pleased .

I also like the feeling of being important in squads. b:chuckle
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I only chose my Cleric for the skills that have a use for myself, the support aspect of it is kinda meh. But yeah, a Cleric is pretty awesome. When you go factionless it gets even more fun b:victory
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • __Hysteria__ - Lost City
    __Hysteria__ - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i also am mainly solo but once im higher lvl ill be support too, healing is fun, but not as fun as killing :P
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hehe when i play my wiz..i feel lonely cuz im not needed by many people. Yea i enjoy saving ppl in tight situations such as multiple mobs attacking the whole party so i bring out blue bubble and there u go b:pleased
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I felt this way in another game as well.It made me feel without me the mission wouldn't have gone so good..I liked healing but not enough to go into medicine.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • DeafForest - Sanctuary
    DeafForest - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah clerics are great, I try to play my alts but I always come back to my cleric. Healing the party is great and healing someone from hardly any hp to max is very fun to do. That and being an arcane cleric means I get to challenge myself by tanking physical quest bosses :D (out healing 1k+ hits is super funb:laugh)
    "All Beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you. You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride;
    you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes"
    -Song of Solomon 4:7,9
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I must say that when you play the healer as a DD main, you learn to not DD so hard.

Also that its quite fun in a chaotic situation but you manage to keep everyone alive.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Wow, do you need rainbows + butterflies to go with your mood? b:chuckle

Anyway, healers are awesome and without them, instances would not have been possible.

Thanks to all healers out there. b:kiss
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's sometimes challenging and thus fun, and people love me as a result. What more do I need to say? :D
  • Illusionista - Heavens Tear
    Illusionista - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm a metal mage...

...guess I entered the wrong part of the forum!

Healing is mostly fun when you get to control who you heal, when you heal, if you want that annoying squad mate's charm to tick...ahem...I mean saving someone's ****...err...LIFE...

Or if you feel like afking during one of those long boss fights with your heals on a macro. You're still important...with minimal effort. <3
  • missxkiss
    missxkiss Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I like to be a cleric too. It's so cool to heal people. In real life I want to heal animals, cause I love animals.
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    missxkiss wrote: »
    I like to be a cleric too. It's so cool to heal people. In real life I want to heal animals, cause I love animals.

be a veno,... ur a pethealer than XD
  • BananaMartyr - Raging Tide
    BananaMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Wonder why they don't let you heal veno pets... It makes me sad x.x
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hehe when i play my wiz..i feel lonely cuz im not needed by many people. Yea i enjoy saving ppl in tight situations such as multiple mobs attacking the whole party so i bring out blue bubble and there u go b:pleased

Same with me, except that I've never tried playing a wiz. I love clerics for a lot of reasons because we can heal and help people more easily, being needed and important in a party, and being able to do both solo and group work, flying at lvl 1 and versatility in combat. Increased magic resistance? Use Plume Shot and Ironheart Blessing. Increased defense? Laugh, find a good route and kite them with Whirlwind. I also love poison mobs now as well, because of a handy skill called purify. Its challenging in a way I like. XD
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    your career should be a male nurse
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The reasons why I love my cleric:

-Can do any role
    -Wanted in squads
    -Overall OP (Fairly strong DDing, Can heal like crazy, Has both physical and magical attacks, Plume shell)
    -Low repairs
    -Fairly high TT priority
    -Can fly at lvl 1
    -Looks hot

The reasons why I dislike my cleric:

-MANA BURN D:D:D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear
    Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Amen b:pleased
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I like my Cleric, gonna main him..

Should be sick.
  • Doris - Raging Tide
    Doris - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i luv being an healer!! i can also kill^^
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I love being a healer. I can heal myself and Plume Shot is the best newbie skill ever. Most of all, I love being a LA Cleric because I die a little slower than Arcane Clerics. b:laugh I love being able to help random people out when they least expect it. Also, I love being the backbone of squads. especially since I have very little difficulty getting recruited into one. Most of all, I love it when someone, although it happens rarely, acknowledges my hard work. Dealing with a squad full of people who all have their own ideas of how to do things, I tend to forget about myself and place everyone first. It's a good feeling at the end of the run, knowing that I kept everyone alive. But it's a wonderful feeling to realize that somebody else knows it to. :]
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • Mooxie - Lost City
    Mooxie - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I love being able to help random people out when they least expect it. Also, I love being the backbone of squads. especially since I have very little difficulty getting recruited into one. Most of all, I love it when someone, although it happens rarely, acknowledges my hard work. Dealing with a squad full of people who all have their own ideas of how to do things, I tend to forget about myself and place everyone first. It's a good feeling at the end of the run, knowing that I kept everyone alive. But it's a wonderful feeling to realize that somebody else knows it to. :]

Hear , Hear [:<
  • Newyn - Heavens Tear
    Newyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hmm why is my cleric my main.
    Gues im to lasy to get another one to the same lvl.
    But more serius is that I like the looks and the abilities to solo. What other class can take 40% dam on ure HP each hit and keep figting?^^
    To squad is mehhh now days, to many that dosn't know how to handle agroo, how the instance work or my favorite, telling me what to do. If I dont know Il ask.

Best thing that happend so far was yesterday when a guildie asked for help with his FB 79, needed help with the last 2 bosses adn last mobs in the 20x3. Me 78 Cler he 78 Barb a 100 BM a 95 Archer. Agroo went the Ping Pong way but still managed to kepp em alive prety much all the way. I died twice and archer died one time.
    To hear that I was a amasing cleric after that is what made my day wonderful.
    To Lazy to make 1. b:infuriated
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Healer is awesome because you can solo, not because you CAN but because you have to sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kayana - Harshlands
    Kayana - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've played a Cleric, BM, Barb, Veno, Psychic, Assassin and Wizard (all but an Archer).

Out of them all, Cleric is my favourite by far. I actually tried a Cleric last.
    Definitely the most fun, imo. And as a Cleric, you're extremely versatile too.

<333