Changing mouse buttons functions?

verse
verse Posts: 27 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Support Desk
I've tried searching these forums but no thread really has the answer I'm looking for... So here goes.

I'm using a Logitech mouse (VZ Revolution) that has a couple of unused buttons in PWI (wheel, scroll left & right, back / forward button, search button etc). I just downloaded the latest software for it so I can adjust the functions for the buttons.

I tried to rearrange the functions for several mouse buttons through the Logitech software. It works fine in Office Words for example, but not in PWI.

As example what I'd like to change my setup to:
"Scroll left" to trigger the F1-key, triggering the macro I put there. This works for Words, bringing up the Help window that usually comes up when hitting F1. It doesn't do anything for PWI though.

"Wheel" to trigger the 3-key, triggering the skill I put there. Again, works for other programs like Words, getting nice 333333's there, but the skill I put there doesn't fire off.

I even tried combining this with changing the settings in PWI too. First, I changed it so that when I hit the E-button, I actually trigger the shortcut slot A2. No problem here: when I hit E, it fires of the skill in that slot. Then I tried making my buttons on the mouse trigger the E-key. No problem there with Words, typing E's with my mouse-buttons. But still no response in PWI.

In other words. I want my mouse buttons to act like hotkeys. I've tried doing this through the Logitech software. It doesn't work for PWI, though it works for other programs.

Anyone have similiar experiences and hopefully a solution?
Post edited by verse on

Comments

• verse
    edited January 2010
    *bump* 10 9 8 7 6...
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hmm i have a few buttons on my mouse as well, never thought of it.

but i doubt its possible with this game.
  • verse
    edited January 2010
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hmm interestin o,o
  • verse
    edited January 2010
    yeah... but no solution in that thread :(
  • livewireru
    livewireru Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I have the same problem with a Microsoft Sidewinder X8. Would be really nice to use the additional mouse buttons for in game controls. Hopefully they could add this to a future patch ;)
    Scroll left/right would be great for turning left/right, forward / back buttons would be great for ascend/descend on flying mounts. Maybe press scroll button to flip. I'm sure other people would want other functions, so to add detection of mouse buttons to the new hotkey customization functions would be great. I wouldn't need to always have my left hand on the keyboard then.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I know some mouse and keyboard mapping software may not work with the game to help fight against botters.

I will have to check into things regarding gamepads again too, it has been awhile since I updated the FAQ.

See if you can find out anything with Logitech support to see if they have work around for apps that don't take the controls immediately. Maybe there is a global setting that needs to be on instead of setting it per app.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    livewireru wrote: »
    Yeah I have the same problem with a Microsoft Sidewinder X8. Would be really nice to use the additional mouse buttons for in game controls. Hopefully they could add this to a future patch ;)
    Scroll left/right would be great for turning left/right, forward / back buttons would be great for ascend/descend on flying mounts. Maybe press scroll button to flip. I'm sure other people would want other functions, so to add detection of mouse buttons to the new hotkey customization functions would be great. I wouldn't need to always have my left hand on the keyboard then.

Get a Saitek Cyborg mouse. It has like what, a crapload of buttons all programmable and works with PWI. I like it but I think I want to get a gamepad soon. This mouse has 3 side buttons, and a d-pad.
This discussion has been closed.