Time to check

Options
Nikamerece - Lost City
Nikamerece - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cleric
So every few levels, I come back to the forums to check my build. I do pretty decent damage but it still makes me uneasy to not know how I stack up with other clerics. I started out full magic but tried to follow the F.A. Cleric Guide (someone should have slapped me) somewhere around my early 50's.

So... stats - base (+from gear):
dex - 10 (+10) crit = 2%
str - 37 Phys Def. = 686
vit - 49 (+10) HP = 2010
mag - 234 (+3 ) MP = 5617

I've got my HH60 weapon (put a flawless Citrine in) b:shocked
My hits usually from 2.1k to 7k crits: plume is lvl 9, cyclone lvl 5. My 2 main attacks. All buffs are maxed. I've got all except the last 2 seals, No Wield Thunder or Tempest yet. My gear is a mix of 50's, 60's and 40's (3* with 4 sockets and one mold).

How does that sound? Is there something other than questing that I'm supposed to do?
Cleric Power! b:chuckle Clericism movement anyone? =D

"We are not your slaves,
We are not your babysitters,
We are not your personal med-pack,
We are Clerics, god dammit,
And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
Well...I'll see you in hell..."
-Sralyn [Dreamweaver]
Post edited by Nikamerece - Lost City on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So every few levels, I come back to the forums to check my build. I do pretty decent damage but it still makes me uneasy to not know how I stack up with other clerics. I started out full magic but tried to follow the F.A. Cleric Guide (someone should have slapped me) somewhere around my early 50's.

So... stats - base (+from gear):
    dex - 10 (+10)
    str - 37
    vit - 49 (+10)
    mag - 234 (+3 )

I've got my HH60 weapon (put a flawless Citrine in) b:shocked
    My hits usually from 2.1k to 7k crits: plume is lvl 9, cyclone lvl 5. My 2 main attacks. All buffs are maxed. I've got all except the last 2 seals, No Wield Thunder or Tempest yet. My gear is a mix of 50's, 60's and 40's (3* with 4 sockets and one mold).

How does that sound? Is there something other than questing that I'm supposed to do?

/facepalm

Anyways, looks fine with numbers tbh. There is nothing to indicate that you are on the wrong path. You will need to decide soon though what you want to do with your Vit. Are you going to cap it (like at 50) or are you going to add more.

I HIGHLY suggest you max out Plume shot, Cyclone and work on getting Wield Thunder!! These are what Clerics mainly have to work with in terms of attacks. Tempest is usually a matter of Spirit, so you can hold off a little while.

Have you gotten BB (Regeneration Aura)? If not I would HIGHLY recommend this too, as you are around the level where instances might call for BB.

Also, how are the levels of your heals? IronHeart? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nikamerece - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I got BB as soon as I hit 59 xD. I luffs it.
    IH is 9 (working on the spirit to max it).
    Pureheart = 8
    Wellspring = 7
    Chromatic = 5
    Rejuvenation = 2
    Heaven's Wrath

EDIT: Plume Shot, Cyclone and Wield Thunder will come after I max the IH ^.^ ty!

"We are not your slaves,
    -Sralyn [Dreamweaver]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    may rose guide u through your journeys... =x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nikamerece - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    xD I hearts her cleric-y wisdom. b:cute

"We are not your slaves,
    -Sralyn [Dreamweaver]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    xD I hearts her cleric-y wisdom. b:cute

b:cute

The main things you should be worried about maxing right now is -->

Plume Shot
    Cyclone
    IronHeart
    WellSpring
    Wield Thunder (getting it)
    Plume Shell (if you have the extra spirit)

To be honest, the rest can wait until you have the available spirit. Stream, Chromatic Heal and your debuffs will be used much more often later on, not so much now at your level. As such, those can be leveled based on the extra spirit that you may have. You will start to get more at you level and by around 8x, you will start to have enough Spirit to level the not-so-used skills.

Also, by 7x you can start to AOE grind and as such Razor Feathers and Tempest will be a great asset to you.

For the spirit, do your quests, crazy stone and BH's everyday. It give you adequte enough Spirit to get the above mentioned skills. b:cute

PS --> If you have not done already...Purify your Weapon of the Citrine and put in a Sapphire shard, you will get more magic attack that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nikamerece - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Okie, I'll get them in that order then. I'm not sure how to purify my sword. I've been neglecting the CS (haven't done it since lvl 58 or so). I suppose I'll start doing it.
    AOE grind... how does that work? Yes, nub question but... yeah. :)

"We are not your slaves,
    -Sralyn [Dreamweaver]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Okie, I'll get them in that order then. I'm not sure how to purify my sword. I've been neglecting the CS (haven't done it since lvl 58 or so). I suppose I'll start doing it.
    AOE grind... how does that work? Yes, nub question but... yeah. :)

If you go to the Blacksmith (any), there is an option to "Purify" equipment. Click that option and it will take out the shard you have in it. You will lose it completely, but a Citrine in your weapon just does nothing for you. b:surrender

Doing your Crazy Stone will give you decent exp and spirit and is VERY easy. just pick it up and turn it in, during the 10minute wait, you can go quest or do whatever until you are back in the area of the NPC to turn it in.

Nelae has a good beginners guide Here. Also, here is a higher level AOE Cleric Grind video, but the same concept applies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

EDIT: Plume Shot, Cyclone and Wield Thunder will come after I max the IH ^.^ ty!

b:surrenderb:surrender

May I ask why arnt your main skills maxed?

Any ways stat wise your fine. And after you max your main skills you are set.
    b:dirty
  • Nikamerece - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thanks RedsRose!

Nalae -- Up until my mid to late 50's... I never quested alone. I didn't do much damage, just lots of healing. Until RedsRose asked, I didn't even remember about Cyclone. I don't use it much cause it did crappy damage (now I know why). Thank you also. =)

"We are not your slaves,
    -Sralyn [Dreamweaver]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ahh that explains allot ^_^

Well have fun and try AoE grind its super fun to do b:victory
    b:dirty
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I too was a victim of the Full Atk cleric guide LOL

Im trying to fix my mistake... Plume is max, Cyclone is max, all buffs are max, BB and HW... lvls 1 for both tempest and WT. IH is max, working on WellsP, and rez (lvl 5 at the moment). Im trying to make a full support cleric... I can solo for the most part... but my low vit makes it really hard against phy damage mobs... So im dumping all my points now into vit... I got enough mag for now =)
    b:victory