akatsuk1hidan
akatsuk1hidan Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Blademaster
Okay so I'm a level 22 BM and here are my stats:
vit 9
mag 5
str 57
dex 54

I am going to get some gold so I can use reset notes but I was wondering what I should change my stats to. I seem to get owned whenever I attack without life powder active.
I plan to use poles, but am not sure what to add stats to.

Also, it may be my fighting style. I usually start with drake ray or aeolian blade and use those two and sometimes stream strike. But, I haven't leveled up any attack skills besides aeolian and drake ray, since they the rest at my level seem kind of useless.
Post edited by akatsuk1hidan on

Comments

• akatsuk1hidan
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And by owned I mean I lose a third life when I attack things the same level as me.
  • Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You don't need any resets man save your money. For the next 4 levels put 4 str 1 vit. Your dex is really high for your level. The strength will raise your base damage and allow you to kill your mobs faster. Don't worry i used a ton of hp pots when i was leveling up early its inevitable.
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you plan to use poles, Lyndura's guide might be of use to you. She was a pole-user, and she has some recommended stats in her guide.

In my opinion though, if you don't plan on having at least moderately high refines, you might want to put a little base vit in there (amount up to you).

Also, don't waste money on reset notes. Judging by your stats, you're not very high level, so you can fix your stats by just pumping points wherever you want as you level up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akatsuk1hidan
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok thanks i'll try to find lyndura's guide
  • akatsuk1hidan
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah I read it and it was very helpful thanks And I decided to use axe and poles. So should I get a reset? Also, I'd be able to reduce my mag to 3 giving me more vit, or is that a bad idea?
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Read what Dreaded_Fate said. You don't need to reset as long as you don't prioritize Mag in any way.
  • akatsuk1hidan
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok. maybe my armor was the problem i'll try getting stronger heavy armor and that will probably help alot
  • AirunElMarem - Heavens Tear
    AirunElMarem - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Now we have guide for all weapon type, so I think you can find out easily what to do.
    On lvl 29 you must choose a weapon to use, becouse you wont have enough spirits to learn all four weapon skills.
    I chose sword/blade and I had really hard times with lvling. I also try to help to new BMs on my server I try to say to them to choose axe till lvl60-70 and after that you can use any weapon what you want, but axes will still the best for grinding.

I saw a lot of fistBM who never reached lvl 60, they left the game or they changed class.
    So I think you should have strenght to be able to use axe, other points are up to you where you will put, just read the guides and choose axe or poleblade. In any other way, there is really little chance that you will enjoy the game.