edited January 2010
    Edit: Added "Combo" section.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PurpleBomber - Dreamweaver
    PurpleBomber - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    milknnuts3 wrote: »
    I dont know man but Landslide is very ineffective in PVP lol. My first attack I usually go with Glacial shard, for a chance to freeze, if that fails then I kite. Soul burn's a good first cast too against ranged/magic types.

Like i said before im not sure if its here or another thread where i said this most people dont know how to you use the skills properly and have great difficultly in pvp or duels its all about timing and knowing wat 10meters is. once you find out you wont have any problem on when to use it. Basically when they in your 10meter range USE IT! or freeze him/she and run back a little.
    Its like when you look into the eyes of a cute kitten or puppy it silently steals your soul.

But cmon THEY'RE CUTE!!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cute punchy kitty. Please don't punch me with your cuteness. >_<
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Like i said before im not sure if its here or another thread where i said this most people dont know how to you use the skills properly and have great difficultly in pvp or duels its all about timing and knowing wat 10meters is. once you find out you wont have any problem on when to use it. Basically when they in your 10meter range USE IT! or freeze him/she and run back a little.

Landslide can only be useful for melee classes that will always come to you. Ranged classes will always stay at range unless they are inexperienced enough to get within 10 meters and starts casting.
  • beastboyisbeast
    beastboyisbeast Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Inexperience would probably be levels 30 to 60. b:laugh
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    cast delay on wiz , holy path to him , landslide
    ??
    ??
    profit
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited January 2010
    Edit: Spellcheck.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Epyon_ - Heavens Tear
    _Epyon_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    iv'e been having fun with my psy....my system has been working grate for me...b:laughb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]i quit playing now I'M BACK!!!!b:victory
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    cast delay on wiz , holy path to him , landslide
    ??
    ??
    profit

b:shocked
    hax!
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esalium - Dreamweaver
    Esalium - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    In a dual, you know that you can run away from the person when there is the count down. So you can start hitting around max range. Sometimes, I like to put spark just before the countdown is over. Or maybe it was I send it over in close rang and go out of range and wait for him to accept. XD

If my opponent is short range like sins, I go out of range when the dual starts and put on soulburn, when he gets to me and attacks, he kills himself even if he manages to freeze me on the spot.
    I always like to use the basic attacks because they are fast to cast. Landslide is still too slow to cast and since you can't cast it long distance I don't use it much in pvp.
    Of course I buff myself with stuning soul thing and increase vigor. There is no time to cast other debuffs. It more useful to just attack.

I kill archers my lvl just fine, if I spark before count down finishes and use just basic attack.
    Blademasters, if they are dex or str, with not much vit, they die before me because they need the run.

I die if it's beastmasters, I haven't tried against wizards, veno and clerics yet.

All of this was tested with a lvl 45 2 starts weapon. So the result is not bad.
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited January 2010
    You need to try Venos and tell me what happens.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylenius - Raging Tide
    Sylenius - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    can someone confirm for every point int u add to psyc, how much mana and mag damage you get? Compared to Wizard, is it the same? Do int add any mag damage to psyc at all?
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited January 2010
    For every point of MAG you add, It increases your magic attack based on your weapons magic attack so there is no formula for that. As for MP I am not sure.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've played ALL the other classes. Psychics are undeniably the worst. DO NOT waste your time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    qq moah plz
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    can someone confirm for every point int u add to psyc, how much mana and mag damage you get? Compared to Wizard, is it the same? Do int add any mag damage to psyc at all?

confirmed same amount of mp (14 mp) per point of magic. (Although wizards has wellspring quaff which raises it to 18.9 points of mp @ minimum level*since we need level 5 quaff to get sutra)

since that be true me assume that magic damage be the same as well.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • milovan82
    milovan82 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would like to see you fighting a lvl 90 (and above) mage (with all spells).

And pardon me, Landslide has a fixed casting range, which is shorter than your nukes, and pray... do tell how you to "blink" into range to cast that?

A wizzard fighting you would probably use stone barrier to boost pdef + earth resistance. So your earth spells are probably gonna be useless.

The moment you start casting anything, you would have been silenced and hell will be let loose, with you being the casualty.

Oh I forgot, you do not even have tt-70-90 weapons....

Pardon me... but you sound like a 13 year old...

Can u plz stop flaming ppl on this forum? U act like u know everything but u are just a big noob to me! Yes i would love to see lvl 90 Psy vs lvl 90 wiz u forget that we have Earth Vector skill that can stun if that happens wiz is good as dead!!! cuz i believe at lvl 10 stun is 6 or 7 sec not sure but i would easly say bye bye wizy!!!
  • milovan82
    milovan82 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've played ALL the other classes. Psychics are undeniably the worst. DO NOT waste your time!

Then u suck as a player! U just dont know how to play Psy! So talk bad about Psy somewhere else! All classes are good in their way! U ppl that flame psy class are so noobs that dont know how to play it, well i understand that but if u need lessons about it let me know i can teach u for free!?
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited January 2010
    All classes have their uses, but there are still not many high level Psychics. So we do not know what would happen between a Psychic and Wizard.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    milovan82 wrote: »
    Can u plz stop flaming ppl on this forum? U act like u know everything but u are just a big noob to me! Yes i would love to see lvl 90 Psy vs lvl 90 wiz u forget that we have Earth Vector skill that can stun if that happens wiz is good as dead!!! cuz i believe at lvl 10 stun is 6 or 7 sec not sure but i would easly say bye bye wizy!!!

Actually, you are a bigger noob.

Let me explain to you:

Earth vector? Any mage with FOW (which has the same range as you when maxed), sporofic whisper will 'silence' you to prevent you from casting anything.

And your chance of stunning is not a guaranteed stun + it's earth skill (versus stone barrier at lvl 10 or lvl 11 by then) How much damage are you gonna do?

It's wizards that are at lvl 90 will say bye bye to you.

Do you research before replying, coz it makes you look like a big noob.

I forgot to add, you have water advantage on a stone barrier mage. But the mage has got fire and water on you. A blade tempest or anything else by a mage could knock you out. b:victory

If your stun is 6-7 seconds, then technically, your chance of stunning will be lowered. If it is fast channeled + 90% chance to stun for 6-7 secs, this ought to be nerfed as other classes do not have any long duration stun with that range.
    edited January 2010
    Actually, you are a bigger noob.

Let me explain to you:

Earth vector? Any mage with FOW (which has the same range as you when maxed), sporofic whisper will 'silence' you to prevent you from casting anything.

And your chance of stunning is not a guaranteed stun + it's earth skill (versus stone barrier at lvl 10 or lvl 11 by then) How much damage are you gonna do?

It's wizards that are at lvl 90 will say bye bye to you.

Do you research before replying, coz it makes you look like a big noob.

I forgot to add, you have water advantage on a stone barrier mage. But the mage has got fire and water on you. A blade tempest or anything else by a mage could knock you out. b:victory

If your stun is 6-7 seconds, then technically, your chance of stunning will be lowered. If it is fast channeled + 90% chance to stun for 6-7 secs, this ought to be nerfed as other classes do not have any long duration stun with that range.

Ok i have a question does stone barrier reduce the effect of the skill as well?

Cause i'm not understanding what you said about wizzies stone barrier skill. I understand it raises def and earth resistance does it also reduce the effect of skills that stun,sleep etc. which are earth as well?

The reason for asking is because psy skill does not grant the increase time its more soul force. I maybe wrong but doesn't the skill say it increases the stun time by 1 second for every 5000 soul force. So i'm sure he shouldn't be getting a stun that has a duration of 6-7 seconds unless he has over 15000 soul force.(I may be wrong)

Also how much does stone barrier increase earth resistance and would it dramatically affect a psys earth nuking skills if they were both the same level.
    Its like when you look into the eyes of a cute kitten or puppy it silently steals your soul.

• Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Ok i have a question does stone barrier reduce the effect of the skill as well?

Cause i'm not understanding what you said about wizzies stone barrier skill. I understand it raises def and earth resistance does it also reduce the effect of skills that stun,sleep etc. which are earth as well?

The reason for asking is because psy skill does not grant the increase time its more soul force. I maybe wrong but doesn't the skill say it increases the stun time by 1 second for every 5000 soul force. So i'm sure he shouldn't be getting a stun that has a duration of 6-7 seconds unless he has over 15000 soul force.(I may be wrong)

Also how much does stone barrier increase earth resistance and would it dramatically affect a psys earth nuking skills if they were both the same level.

No. Stone barrier reduces the earth's vector damage, but doesn't do anything about debuffs.

I'm afraid debuffs are debuffs, no elemental affinity.

The reason why I quoted Stone Barrier because that's where your nukes comes from.

Also, the previous guy was saying what he would cast when he meets a mage and say goodbye.

Earth vector stuns are percentage (chance) and has fixed duration, if I am not wrong.

Soulforce does affect soul of stunning (only when being hit), but not the stun effect caused by earth vector.

It increases the earth resistances to 100 % and 100% for Pdef. That's at lvl 54. For lvl 89, it's 120% for both.

So ontop of the 75% pvp reduction, you will have their resistance to deal with.
  • Lacrimarine - Raging Tide
    Lacrimarine - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Let's say...
    If a psy manage to stun a wiz in the begining, what will happen?

Especially if they have earth barrier on,
    We nuke them with either water spells or earth spells?
    Wizzies are mostly AA with guaranteed mag def (unless they lack some elements).
    I wonder if that will be a big problem to them o.o"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    No. Stone barrier reduces the earth's vector damage, but doesn't do anything about debuffs.

I'm afraid debuffs are debuffs, no elemental affinity.

The reason why I quoted Stone Barrier because that's where your nukes comes from.

Also, the previous guy was saying what he would cast when he meets a mage and say goodbye.

Earth vector stuns are percentage (chance) and has fixed duration, if I am not wrong.

Soulforce does affect soul of stunning (only when being hit), but not the stun effect caused by earth vector.

It increases the earth resistances to 100 % and 100% for Pdef. That's at lvl 54. For lvl 89, it's 120% for both.

So ontop of the 75% pvp reduction, you will have their resistance to deal with.

I see very intriguing.

Another question
    Even with 75% damage reduction in pvp i still hit 1.5k with my earth skills.

How much would stone barrier reduce it by now?

• beastboyisbeast
    edited January 2010
    Well lets say it was maxed, the wizard would have + 120% Earth defense which would literally half your damage and some more.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Let's say...
    If a psy manage to stun a wiz in the begining, what will happen?

Especially if they have earth barrier on,
    We nuke them with either water spells or earth spells?
    Wizzies are mostly AA with guaranteed mag def (unless they lack some elements).
    I wonder if that will be a big problem to them o.o"

You will have to nuke them with water spells and dots all the way. Earth barrier simply doesn't worth the damage. Landslides may be used in conjuction to cancel their cast.

Basically, if a TT-90 psy meets a TT-90 Mage, it's technically harder for the Psy to win unless with high-end refines.

A TT 90 mage has got some good pdef (bumped up by Stone barrier to 120%) and good all round Mag resistance.

It will be hard to kill a mage unless you somehow managed to soulburn him along with nukes.

I'm not sure if soulburn is elemental based.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I dont know why you actually bother fighting a Robe class while you have a greater chance to defeat a LA/HA =.=!

and no Soulburn is not elemental, nor physical, try that on Inc magic resistance and increase def mob
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ok so wats the build for light armor, numbers wise, 1 dex 1 str 3 mag?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited January 2010
    Yes the Light Armour build is 1 STR 1 DEX and 3 MAG every level.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hoshigakeichigo
    hoshigakeichigo Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ithink that's very difficult to the psychics defeat wizard in battle.
    Bankai!Tensa Zangetsu
  • beastboyisbeast
    edited January 2010
    I would like to hear more opinions on a Wizard vs. Psychic battle.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]